If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

round 4 and blimey

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by joffmiester »

the alarm was ringing loud and clear at 6am and just gave me enough time to reflect on what the weatherman had forecast  :-[ :-[ for the day.but at first glance out of the window it didn't look that bad,  Imageso gear in the van and off to the draw.on arrival it was clear with the new faces anglers were chasing kamo points which is fair play as  this time of year its hard to find 50 plus peg matches  Image
team change roger marlow was band from drawing our pegs so bob greenbury did who also walked the sections the night before so we new exactly where we were in the section 
stone a crow  Image Imagewhen bob gave me my peg  Imagethe last time i saw a peg like this ENDPEG was on it .i never draw these sorts of pegs althou it hadn't been in before it looked that good

in fact that good i tok a coupe of pictures

in between two bridges  Image Imageand on my own  Image what could possibly go wrong  Image Image Image

the normal top kits came out caster,worm over and middle then started plumbing up  Imagefirst plummet gone  Image then another  Imagethis could be a nightmare after that i plumbed up the other lines ok  Image i thought to myself a positive approach has got to be the way so i gave them some at the start and after five minutes i was into roach small but one a Chuck  :o :o :o with rollers set so i didn't have to brake down everything was going great  i wondered how the rest of the section was fishing so with my hands free a quick call was made  ;) ;) good news two or three anglers were catching but the rest were struggling pete marlow from the gold team was the biggest threat the other side of the bridge were they had caught on the last round  Image Image needless to say trouble was around the corner as the knobheads started to wake up [1pm] one little sh#t throw a stone right where i was catching Image Imagebut did run off quick  Imagei thought that was it but no!! it was slowing down anyway and i'd put another golf ball on top of the stone and they came straight back Image going into the last hour a few walkers had passed one being choppy i could tell he was impressed as he didn't say too long  Imageor was it because i was catching one a Chuck  then suddenly out of nowhere i had two pike the first i played just in case it was a big perch but when i saw it a jack about 2lb that was it  Imageit bit me off the rig ended up around the pole in a right birds nest  Image Image Image roll on the end of the match and then nick moss walked down to me and said Pete's bagging and i mean bagging  :-/ :-/fishing 4 metres to hand feeding caster shallow Image Image Image "your taking the p#ss" but sadly he wasn't Pete had Rudd balled up to the stage the water irrupted when he fed :o :o steve porter was the other side of pete with head in hand yet again [just nothing he could do] well the whistle went and i ended up with 6lb 15oz but pete had 13lb 14oz of mostly rudd  :o :o and won the match  Imagei'd managed third with tom pringle catching some skimmers in THE basin Image[by the way tom was taking the place of rob wootton who's on a family holiday THE WALTONS ON TOUR Image Image]

my 6lb15oz

and pete's 13lb 14oz of rudd :o :o :o

pete's killing area above the bridge sorry thats steve porters peg A BOAT AND A REED BED :o :o :o well done steve 3rd from there is brilliant  ::) ::) ::)
maddog

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by maddog »

well what happened next ?did u catch 13lbs of rudd ?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

best looking canal peg i've ever had mate Image Imagealmost as good as porters Image Imagei think he must of had his stockings over his head mate Image Image Image Image
maddog

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by maddog »

very good he was over the moon he beat the spro lad off the next peg pitty the fish r still in patchs ?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

very good he was over the moon he beat the spro lad off the next peg pitty the fish r still in patchs ?
ounced the spro lad 3lb to 3lb1oz Image Image
joking apart i just hope anglers realise its down to the extreme weather we have had and don't knock it on the head next year Image Image
hammo

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by hammo »

well what a day after looking at these pictures i think my kit is going up for sale.well last match 4 hrs 50 mins for my only bite this week i only lasted 3 hrs because i couldnt take any more and packed up. Image Image Image i have heard they had to draw for my section money so should have stayed as its the only way i will win anything on this canal. Image the worst thing about it my peg had fished well in the 2 other matches,and i was the right end of the section for the first time. plumbed up was having a panic attack the peg was a dream roach peg everything u want. i was that confident the first rig to set up was my hemp rig.how wrong can u be,after 10mins nobody in the section had a bite the writing was on the wall :'( :'( :'(.just worked out the number of fish ive caught this series. 1st match the best for me wrong end of the section and 20 rudd. 2nd matchon a peg that caught very little on the first match caught 10 tiny gudgeon.3rd match in the middle of the moors 1 roach.4th match on a flyer not a bite and a early bath it just cant get any worst. Image Image Imagecan anyone get me out of here Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

hammo i think steve gardener won your section it was draw out of a hat and he went early so your luck is really out at the minute mate Imageyou can see where the fish are bridges basins built up areas with out that its Russian rullet where the odd fish is. what i can't get over is crows mills on the first match most caught over 2lb of fish yet this week 11 blanks. your not telling the fish are not there  :-/ :-/
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by colly »

Joff - Well done yesterday mate. Not sure what was going on at Crow Mills. Just think that the patchy nature of this venue is a combination of the extreme weather and the canal just getting too much hammer. Even 2 weeks between matches can be too little at times.

Had a very uneventful day with a dreaded BLANK Image - tried everything. As to where the fish have gone - who knows?? but I'm sure that they have. Both end pegs blanked, I was one off the end. Had 2 of the best bread anglers around in my section - Swinno on the next peg and my team mate Alan Robinson on the other end peg, who is certainly the man to beat on the punch on the GUC (woulnt tell him that though!!) - both blanked too!!

To make matters worse - as I drove out of Crow Mills Picnic Area I saw a load of used condoms that I had parked over - nice!! Got home and one of the said items had attached itself (minus contents) to my wheel arch :D :D Bet the neighbours were well impressed!!!

On the plus side did manage to get loads of info from Swinno about Monks Lakes. Can't wait for Sunday - get to take on the mighty Dorking with 9 men, no practice and don't think many of our anglers know what a carp looks like!! :-/ :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

i've not heard much about monks during the practice campaign but i'm sure you haven't missed much bye not going week in week out chris V might be worth asking i'm sure he's been there on one or two occasions perhaps a message would be worth it Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

apparently a couple of lads fished mine and pete's peg yesterday and struggled for bites Imageain't fishing a wonderful sport Image Image Image Image Image
maddog

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by maddog »

atfer the stick u gave them sunday they have moved back under the railway bridge fcuk this i ve had enough food for the next 2 weeks so u later boys when im need feeding again .
hammo

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by hammo »

joff the fish r still there the problem is we never have matches on this canal in the winter only when aylestone is flooded.so 2 or 3 matches on the same sections is to much due to the fish used to surving on no food every other winter then all of a sudden 13 pegs of food going in they think it is christmas and eat the lot so after ,due to the cold and no need to swim this can last the fish for months just ask any one with a pond.the only place where fish are being caught are were there has been no match or there is a high density of fish.the trouble wigston have got is they are runing out of sections with short walks.aylestone has roach at one end which could hold 1 section i know it flows but u can use the same rigs and iam sure teams wouldnt mind as wigston think they will. it cant be worst but it could be as bad but i would take a chance as i think u wouldnt get 11 blanks.the peg u had sunday joff i said put in earlier as it is well shelterd and i thought it would hold fish the reply i got was it gets no sun in the winter they will be no fish there how wrong can u be. Image Image Image
maddog

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by maddog »

anglers running around in womens underwear in scunthorpe?they have read these logs and jioned porter ,has it hit barrow yet ?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

spot on hammo Imagei totally agree with your points about the fish and feeding.but i wouldn't want to walk out into the country again to fish a section,kilby was pegged purfect this week no need to change that. its the sections where you have 10 or 11 blanks like you say too much feed has gone in Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

i think a four match league would be better in the winter as well Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by Simple »

Nice reading Joff Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

all adds to the banter simps we are off to a canal section thats normally very good this time of year as its river fed last week 10lb won the match [club match] but they are saying it will be better this week as the river was coming up this week it's on the way down and the canal is coloured Image I'll take some pictures as its not a serious match really Image
maddog

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by maddog »

dont tell tasker that its just amuck about u know how up set he gets ?no other fishing a round u this weekend ?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

round 4 and blimey

he's fishing it maddog Image Image21 pegs on one section you wait until graham barry finds out Image Imageeverything payed out as well Image
hammo

round 4 and blimey

Unread post by hammo »

just seen the pictures of joes 16 lb of roach from aylestone on a frosty friday what have we been doing fishing that canal i will never know.still a chance to put 1 section in next week before the season ends hope iam on it. Image Image Image