If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 2 - Trent & Mersey Canal 17th March

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Are the dreaded and feared little red men banned on this venue Image

Watch out for a future posting........................ :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Please let us know ASAP BDM as I have made contact with a Polish lorry driver who will bring me shed loads back if I want it  Image
Its on the promise of supplying him with the services of a good old Black Country wench for the night. Anybody got Barbs phone number..... over to you Ha Ha  Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

i remember the days when no one in cashmores used worm and joker - surprising how times have changed, i wont be using it and i never will.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

And I remember of few years earlier when it was used by other members..........myself not included at that stage.

Not sure whether you realise Yamo, but it has been used prior to Saturday by other members whilst you've fished with the club.

Saturday definitely was not a first whilst you've been a member.

So I'd suggest that times ain't changed that much on the bw&j front..........apart from me joining ranks and using it for the first time on a Cashmores match.

There was so much hysteria talk about the bait prior to Saturday, members like myself thought they couldn't risk being caught out by those with it............
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

At the end of the day its just another bait......
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yep...........Cotti battered me by an ounce on the punch  :'(

Now that I've joined the ranks of the little red men gang I might also have to join the choppie legion who sometimes carry more than one 1/2kilo bags of worm on matches...................  Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

TK nexy you'll be carrying 2 quality street tin's full; of sweetcorn and a huge pole pot.lol !

ha ha told me he has known people to use worm and joker, i was always under the impression it was banned. On top of that i cant afford it at the prices ive heard unless ratbag can get some freebies .... Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

ha ha told me he has known people to use worm and joker, i was always under the impression it was banned. On top of that i cant afford it at the prices ive heard unless ratbag can get some freebies .... Image Image

Hi Yamo

It's always another piece of amoury up your sleeve although feeding methods can differ on different waters.........eg T&M is/can be different to the Curley Wyrley (not that I'm any expert)
Re the cost.............my bait bill last Sat, inclusive of big mag, squatt and pinkie that I never touched, caster used less than half, was less than a skin diver. (And I daint use half the joker I'd got - rightly or wrongly - it now resides in Mr V's freezer)
It's the cost of them choppie worms that frightens my wallet............. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Are the dreaded and feared little red men banned on this venue  Image

Watch out for a future posting........................ :D

Been in touch with Bass this morning.............................

.............it is allowed although I'm assured that Cottis favoured bait plus caster will do the damage Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Hi Yamo

It's always another piece of amoury up your sleeve although feeding methods can differ on different waters.........eg T&M is/can be different to the Curley Wyrley (not that I'm any expert)
Re the cost.............my bait bill last Sat, inclusive of big mag, squatt and pinkie that I never touched, caster used less than half, was less than a skin diver. (And I daint use half the joker I'd got - rightly or wrongly - it now resides in Mr V's freezer)  
[highlight]It's the cost of them choppie worms that frightens my wallet............. [/highlight]Image

What do you mean cost TK.... have you not got a garden and a fork  Image Thats where all mine come from. The ones I used last week were dug from the old guys garden across the street Image. I dug about 5 square yards for him, ready for his planting out, got loads of lobbies, and a cup of tea thrown in  ;) A few red worms of the muck heap for hookers and away you go  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Mr V - at this time of year it's usually dark when I get home from work......... :D

Sunday matches are a different thing tho.......... Image
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Wheres this cut on saturday then? Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Has Mr V got his own helicopter for all these trips up norf :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Wheres this cut on saturday then?  Image

I'll give Golden balls a tinkle.......but its straight forward - from Rugeley take the Armitage Road, go past the Old lea hall colliery site, past the old entrance to the power Station (both on LHS), passed Plum Pudding and Ashtree pubs and its first on your left - Church Lane (or Rd) which runs the back off Armitage Shanks. Park down by the church, nip past the graves (say a quick one for em on the way through) and you are on the tow path Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Has Mr V got his own helicopter for all these trips up norf   :D

Ah.....you've sussed him out - proper little globe trotter aint he :D
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

I'll give Golden balls a tinkle.......but its straight forward - from Rugeley take the Armitage Road, go past the Old lea hall colliery site, past the old entrance to the power Station (both on LHS), passed Plum Pudding and Ashtree pubs and its first on your left - Church Lane (or Rd) which runs  the back off Armitage Shanks. Park down by the church, nip past the graves (say a quick one for em on the way through) and you are on the tow path  Image
Cheers mate. What weight will I need to win it then? Image
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

HA not a lot. :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Has Mr V got his own helicopter for all these trips up norf   :D

Ah.....you've sussed him out - [highlight]proper little globe trotter aint he  [/highlight] :D

If you take my job off me the globetrotting will end  :'( I plan all my fishing trips around work commitments. Therefore TK, after 2nd April I will not be doing so much globetrotting to Scotland and the North, as I take over North Wales and lose Scotland.  :-/
I think the River Dee may be seeing my redundant stick and wag rods come out of the shed   Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cheers mate. [highlight]What weight will I need to win it then[/highlight]?  Image

We got blew off last year so people didn't see the true potential...........
Rich Cash won it last year with a couple of rub a dubs for 5-6lb if my memory serves me well.
You'll also be pleased to hear that Cotti scored well on his beloved punch..........that's all he'll fish, with a few caster, on Sat too. So there you go again Image
You'll be even more pleased to hear that I aint seen no pike in this section before..... :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

[highlight]HA not a lot.[/highlight]   :D

I see you are full of confidence 3 days before the match GT  Image
Try some PMA, it works wonders you know  Image