If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Rolling Mill St

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

Apparently there is a knock up this Sunday in readiness for the 3 a side.  At last some proper fishing  Image

Anyone interested pm me and I'll give you the No of the organiser Image
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

It would be nice to see you down here Mr Tink seeing as your in my team and we are up against the Bridgwoods and Co this year, not a problem to me individually but as a team we need to get it right Image Dry net George will be there giving it his all moaning away about the weed in his peg no doubt lol.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Want to buy some Bread?
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

Not at the mo thanks, I'll have some come Dec thou providing it's not too mouldy and hard by then. :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Simple »

He will only have bloodworm and joker in his fridge by then  Image  ::)
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

Little Onn,

Lee Woodhouse (WB Clarke Van den Eynde) 13-10-0.

Who owns this stretch Lee? Can you get it on day ticket?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Rolling Mill St

Tony Keeling runs it...i think its featured in anglers mail this week under venues.

to be honest though 6 fish won it and 10lb of my weight was 5 chub..and they are not on many pegs.

you'd be better off going and fishing for the skimmers down Tipton on the Walsall canal...and its free.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by TK »

Little Onn,

Lee Woodhouse (WB Clarke Van den Eynde) 13-10-0.

Who owns this stretch Lee?  Can you get it on day ticket?

Isaac Walton Stafford control it. Its season ticket only (from Holts tackle shop) but you can book it for club matches. (weve got it next year) If Yale are interested I can pass you the tel no on.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

Cheers TK, is it any good there though? I often see good weights from it in the press but as Lee said his catch was mainly Chub. The anglers in the yale club are not really into canals apart from about 10 of us, but if there are plenty of fish to be caught people won't mind turning up. We usually have Rolling Mill St as one of our venues and normally it's the first match and usually there are lots of bites to be had so ppl in the main are happy to fish it. We have Pendeford next year but not sure which stretch yet and I know the majority will struggle simply because there are boats on there and dealing with a tow will be hard for them. Not blowing my own Trumpet because I never do that but I grew up on rivers and canals so am quite adapt at them. As a club we need venues where most of the anglers will turn up and it's always the rivers and canal venues that fail to see a decent turn out which is a shame.

Kind regards,

Conna.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by TK »

Hi Conna
First thing must say I lay in bed last night and thought 'I've posted some bum info' no day tickets on the bank but they are available in advance from Holts. My mates picked me the odd un up in the past - £2.50 i think so a club book which I think were £12 is much better value cus they control several other section of canal - T&M, Staffs Worcs, a couple of pools (ones good cuss I've seen the pickies of full nets)
What's the definition of good? Subjective question and one man's meat......also depends on your expectations/ satisfaction thresholds. I'm sure Lee probably knows the water better than me. On the straight the 'cock' pegs are by the wires (I never draw em) noted for skimmers. As Lee says, chub appear on some pegs (never mine :D ). Where chub don't figure (the skimmers didn't appear to either on his latest match) I always find that theres always plenty of bites to be had off the bits - gudgeon, small roach and sometimes bottletops. (perhaps if chub are in the peg they push the bits out?) 3-6lb of bits has been common in our previous matches here, one hard match we had (probably because we followed the b/w men) I did 5lb of gudgeon off my feet to do ok 3-5lb of bits is plenty of bites, which i personally prefer to 10 bites/fish for 50lb off the carpy waters. Your club experiences are the same with ours - average 22 out of 25 for pools, 20 for cuts and down to 18 for rivers even though I look to minimise any walking.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by TK »

Si - is there an automated 'censor' on these postings - I'm sure I typed 'c ock' pegs which appears to have changed to 'thingy' pegs Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Simple »

hehe yeah there is mate, stop you bad men from swearing  Image :D just type is c0ck  ;)

[edit]Deleted the entry "cock" now [/edit]
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

Thanks for that TK, I might just have a wander down there if and when I manage to get a free weekend, I seem to be busier with matches in Winter than I do in Summer :-/. My definition of a good day is just to have plenty of bites to keep me interested, I'm the same as you with regard to what I enjoy, I'd rather catch 4lb of small Roach and frame than catch 50lb of Carp and frame. All the skill seems to be going as a result of the commercials, well largely anyway. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy commercials but I'd much rather have 10 canals on our list and 2 commercials than the other way round.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Rolling Mill St

Conna...there are a lot better venues around than Little onn mate....there are only a few pegs worth fishing.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by TK »

Perhaps those grueller winter league matches I fished in the late 80s/early 90s have distorted my view of the world :D Particularly when I think of one match on the Hodnet cut - 14 in a section (The tipton man was next peg to my right and kept telling his runner that he was going to snare a gudgeon from some nearside weed) and 12 of us dried (Tipton man included) Three gudgeon come out of the section. A great match :o 12lb won it with decent frame weights but not for 90% of the field. An early get up on a Sun morn, pools, bait including BW & J, ( an expensive day all in all) back to pub for results, get home 6.30pm for sweet fanny adams. I'm easily pleased chockie monster ;) and probably get a peverse sense of pleasure when you have to scatt around to weedle out 2-3lb. Its true that an half decent angler will probably walk it if they get one of the 'good' pegs, but how many half decent cut men are in the Yale and it might just 'convert' one of the other members into giving the cuts another chance.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

Well I just thought I'd post my result today from rolling Mill St seeing as I won ;) the embarrassing part about it though was the fact that only 4 fished :-[ but on th plus side I ahnnialated the opposition, I weighed 4lbs 13oz and next best was just 12oz and I lost a Roach over a pound in the weed, not to worry though coz I'm £15 richer lol. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Simple »

That hat will deffo won't fit ya now :D ;)
Well done though.
Tinky

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Tinky »

well done conna but i can realy understand why no one turned out for this venue, to be honnest i think its crap, i have been on a venue today and i have had 19ib of roach and rudd a few carp and a nice tench weaghing 26 11, and i have enjoyed it and surely thats whats important. but i suppose i will be there in a few weeks time trying to put together a couple of pounds and hoping that will win the section, and listening to croxy telling everyone how he has beat everyone yea ok what a compleat tosser he his. again well done mate. Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Rolling Mill St

I can remember when croxy was too frightened to turn up on the boat matches..
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Rolling Mill St

Unread post by Conna »

I think it's a matter of personal chioce to be honest, it doesn't bother me about catching 50lbs of fish, I go on a match to win and if I catch 8oz and win I get a great feeling of satisfaction from it, Rolling Mill St is hard at times but this is where your experience comes into play which showed yesterday. I can well understand people who like to go and catch 50lbs of fish but to me it isn't the same when the venues in question are stocked as full as they can get to ensure you catch a net full, which in reality is just so you'll go back again to line the owners pockets via the peg fees. It's because of these venues that the majority of anglers today can't go and catch at places like Rolling Mill St which is a great shame. I myself like to go to the commercials but largely that's because it's where the majority of matches are and I like my match fishing but if I have a free weekend you won't find me any where near a commercial venue.

I have been fishing since I was 5 yrs old and competetively since I was 12 and it's been a very long hard learning process covering a wide range of venues and methods and there are many people like me who feel saddened by the way the commercials have taken the skill to a large extent out of fishing. Having said that I do feel that the rivers and canals are making a slow comeback :)