If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Come on then lads.........

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

I passed on all the info for Izaac Walton that I gleaned after walking the Wednesday open, so who is going to spill the beans on Alvechurch?? Image
No secret pm's, lets share a bit of info. Am I going to have to put my beastie gear in, or is there some proper fishing to be had? Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

well the pegs should be further apart Image and no stupid rules about weighing fish Image
only thing i've found is:
http://www.go-fish.co.uk/venue_2997.htm
not much help really :-/ but have been told carp will probably win it so beastie gear it is ;)
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

i fished this pool many years ago and it is aptly named as it is shape of a horseshoe, the island in the middle contains the noted pegs,can prob get 12 people on there. The pool used to be known for a huge head of bream, big bream too, anything from 4 to 9lb,there are some very big carp in there,ghosties mainly. The silvers were always main target back then as the carp were only caught sporadically.

Spoke to a guy at work who fished it a few months ago and has fished it several time sin matches over the years...last time in june he caught quality roach and rudd almost every chuck on caster, 2 nice bream and a 6lb carp. He also got seen off twice by biggies. He says it is avergaing 4 feet deep and carp will definetly win if conditions are right, altho if the carp aint feeding which sometimes they dont, silvers will win and it will be a big net of silvers.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Cheers KOD and Yamo. With the bait bans in place, it looks like a tin of meat, tin of corn and a few pints of casters. Sorted Image
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Spoke to a guy at w.view last week, he reckoned they were catching on pellet & paste, so I rang the fishery today and you can use the fisheries own hook and feed pellets only, but no paste allowed.
Pole seems to be the method at present and the depths range from 5 feet at one end up to 2.5 feet at the other. didn't say which end though.
anyone else fancies ringing the number is:- 0121 4454274.
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Imagehere we go another place chopping and changing rules as they go >:(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I can only print what I've been sent in the post.

I suggest - no propose - that we stick to the rules we've been given and sod buying their pellets
THE_WEDGE

Fair comment, but if it helps to put more fish in the net why not, after all, thats what it's all about and it's cheaper than feeding meat.
Thats my opinion anyway but i'm happy to go with whatever is decided.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I can't catch on em................perhaps that's another reason for my proposal (well I can't catch on anything) :P

First I need a seconder.............which I doubt I'd get..................and if I did I'd probably get out voted by you pellet kings..........but what brasses me off is that they send me the rules which I post and also tell people when they ring me up, only to find out that they've changed their mind - probably cuss they've realised they are missing out on another revenue stream

>:( >:( >:(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

and it's cheaper than feeding meat.

And the 4 pints of caster I've ordered >:(
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

and it's cheaper than feeding meat.

And the 4 pints of caster I've ordered  >:(
[highlight][/highlight]

wherer do u guys get ur casters? i find allen's tackle' casters crap, might try chadsmoor , want some quality casters for this match
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

What's the matter with your caster from Allans - they are loads better than what I've been offered elsewhere

Mind - they know the sort of caster I like and usually get from em - but some people would possibly define mine as crap

Image Image Image
THE_WEDGE

Never had any bad casters from chadsmoor but they do like you to order them. might be an idea to ring them first thing mate, they sometimes have a few extra.
THE_WEDGE

[highlight]I can't catch on em[/highlight]................perhaps that's another reason for my proposal (well I can't catch on anything)  :P

First I need a seconder.............which I doubt I'd get..................and if I did I'd probably get out voted by you pellet kings..........but what brasses me off is that they send me the rules which I post and also tell people when they ring me up, only to find out that they've changed their mind - probably cuss they've realised they are missing out on another revenue stream

>:( >:( >:(

Me neither but I do think they help sort the bigger fish when used as feed. Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

casters all the way 4 me,ill try chadsmoor this week. not gonna waste my time waiting for the odd carp when u can get regular bites and quality net of silvers. will take some corn just in case.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

when u can get regular bites and quality net of silvers.

What do you know then Yamo.............. Image
heinzer
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by heinzer »

Looks like we have a real match on our hands TK, lets hope that the silvers really show and blow the carp away.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

when u can get regular bites and quality net of silvers.

[highlight]What do you know then Yamo.............. [/highlight]Image

see post above !
tony at work is a good angler, and loves his silver fish but he is adamant carp will win it if they come out to play.

i remember when i fished it ages ago, i caught 2 trout on my beginnners pole as well as a few real nice specimen bream tony says the trout aint there no more but if ur on the bream then it will be fun.