If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

How About This !

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

How About This !

Unread post by Dodge »

12.10.0 of roach and a few skimmers caught on b/joker was only good enough for 40th place in the 120 peg Stainy match at Thorne last sunday !

[move] :o :o :o :o 8-)[/move]
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

How About This !

Unread post by lloydy »

awsome Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

How About This !

Unread post by Woodhouse »

The biggest surprise is that this time next year they will struggle to get a turn out.
mrrbpoole

How About This !

Unread post by mrrbpoole »

No they will not Lee, always a busy cut at this time of year, weights are always good even through the ice!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

How About This !

Unread post by joffmiester »

bob keep us informed any natural venue that fishes like that is worth talking about Imagei hear most are catching at 6 metres :o :o how did it fish in the country was that a bit iffy still Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

How About This !

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Joff

6 of the mosella lads fished in the 120's last week, they had 1 ruffe between them
dan_ashington

How About This !

Unread post by dan_ashington »

Joff, I drew 142 down stream side of the swingbridge at wyckewell with end peg being 140 and it was not so good took 2 hours for the first bite in the 10 peg section. Not many roach mostly skimmers caught in our bit but not many of them 10lb best down to 3lb last, still not to bad considering but a bit frustrating when you hear how good the rest of the canal is.
Not sure if them pegs will get better as the fish have no reason to move from the other side of the swingbridge, no cormaront trouble good supply of food for them what else do roach want.
Am back there again on sunday so hopefully can draw on some roach. Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

How About This !

Unread post by Dodge »

Joff

6 of the mosella lads fished in the 120's last week, they had 1 ruffe between them

The 120s are in the country and usually pants this time of year. Anywhere from 150 ish wykewell the 180s - 200 at bluewater marina then west street right through Thorne to the railway bridge 305 ish just past stanilands is the bizz  Image

If anyone goes for a practice you should have a day to remember on stanilands marina if you can get on pegs 295 - 299  ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

How About This !

i was two below the bridge a few years ago with anglers on the other bank Image Imageall the drawbags were inthe stanilands still had 7lb thou
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

How About This !

whats the next bridge up from the turn around bridge going out into the country i had 9lb there 5 pegs down never had a bite for two hours thats the day we won the sensas final Image
mrrbpoole

How About This !

Unread post by mrrbpoole »

Dodge has the pegging exactly right, like any canal in winter the fish gravitate to the town where its warmer. I know it will be predominately a b&j team approach but the caster can work short at 4m and long at 16m (weather permitting) Some big perch down the tins also where there's some depth. Good luck to the lads going up it is good fishing with of fish to be caught even in the poor areas.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

How About This !

Unread post by Dodge »

Nice one Bob P ;) Image

I forgot to mention dunstans opposite the flats, 250 - 270 ish, i drew in between Jean desque and Will Raison there a couple of years ago on the cips sensas challenge weekend. Image :D 8-)
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

How About This !

Unread post by fin »

Fished a 24 peg mini league with 2 sections at wykewell (160-176) and a section at west street . Very cold yesterday and not the double figures off all the pegs that we thought they would be . 160 won with 13 lbs , 161 2ND with a big 12 and 162 might of been 3rd with 10 odd , end peg 176 had young brooky on it and he was next with a big 9 so its definitely fished harder. 8lb best off west st , first peg as you go in and at the other end joe carasse only had 3 odd so not a lot there as he's been baggin of late. Winner and 2ND fished 6 section line and didn't have to look on the 13 mt line . Really poor worm n joker n mick lodge who was 2ND said he'd of had 16lb but for time wasted picking hookers!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

How About This !

i thought there was a big match on there i wonder if danny drew any good this week Image Image Image
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

How About This !

Unread post by fin »

Just heard that it fished its head off on Sunday, think there was a 24lb from 159 where Joe Carass won last week ( 6 skimmers of a kilo n the rest roach) and a 16lbs n 3 other 14lbs in the same section, mostly skimmers . Diesel pump section 13lb won it n everyone else had doubles but there was some iffy bits Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

How About This !

how many roach are there at the minute :D :D :D
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

How About This !

Unread post by Dodge »

how many roach are there at the minute :D :D :D

Will the roach still feed come semi day tho ? Image :-/
dan_ashington

How About This !

Drew better this week on west street, 242 I think I was on. It froze over night about half inch thick my peg was fished the day before Image and I drew next to the Mr Scotthorne and as you can guess I got bashed up 6lb to 11lb. I done it completely wrong (even if id done it right he would of bashed me). Never put gb in just double leam and never broke the peg big enough to put 2 lines in long, fed 1 at 11m and 1 at 6m. 6m line to short as the fish would not come in on it so therefore did not have another line to fish after topping up another. The lads that fed gb all held fish in there pegs for longer, thou shall learn. Had boats come through halfway through that crappity smack it for an hour due to ice bergs floating about and you could not get a rig in, a few of us had to chuck our breakers in again. Loads of roach in areas, was four dry nets around 217 - 222 and then past them a roach a bung. The bit I was on last (150 - 140) week where only a few skimmers and not much else caught fished it wraps off, skimmer city. A chap called Sean Ashby was best that end with 16lb (mostly skimmers) who I think you will all agree is starting to get the hang of this fishing game. Image. Joff you would love it up there mate. Image
dan_ashington

How About This !

Oh and by the way our semi on the K & A sounds 6 finger shuffle by all accounts. Chavey was 7th in the match (66 fished) yesterday with 3lb. Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

How About This !

Unread post by lloydy »

was hoping the sensas final was going to be on there Image