If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sad News John Illingworth

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

yes mate a great shame and a great angler
Muckno_Mafia

Unread post by Muckno_Mafia »

It really is a sad day for angling. I grew up fishing in Yorkshire and have fished with some exceptional anglers, but for me John was head and shoulders above every one of them. Not only could he win on any method on any venue, but he was a cracking bloke. He'd never hide anything from anyone and if you asked him how he'd caught he'd tell you, no bullsh*t etc.

Quite simply he was one of those anglers who did things, not for the sake but because he knew exactly what they would do. If he fed in a certain way it was because of his exceptional knowledge and watercraft, not because he'd read it in a magazine like most of us! When I first came across John it was on the river Ancholme in Scunny where he was introduced as "god", anyone who knows results over the years will have an idea how apt that description really is.

A real sad loss  :(
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Well said all. I remember the old River Trent days, met him many times. Very friendly guy and a sad loss to angling.