If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Wigston A.S. Teams of Four Winter League

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Imagecan't fault you mate
tasker

Unread post by tasker »

Imageit was not unsociable nursey any longer and i would have left the house already
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

Unread post by colly »

We have space in one of our teams this Sunday - anyone interested, or know anybody who might be??

It might be fishing hard, but could be better this weekend and the payouts are good!!

Please let me or Nursey know
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

sorry hammo greens not my colour like blue or black /pink im off to join porter .
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Wigston A.S.

Unread post by Nursey »

Glad to see everyone is getting on well and starting to open up to one another about personal matters! Image Image

Right then... sections for Sunday as follows:

A Section: Kilby Bridge - all basin side, between boats, basin and just past before the wires.

B Section: Crow Mills down

C Section: Manor - Westminster Drive - either side of bridge

D Section: County Arms inc 3 pegs basin side of bridge

Hopefully these higher temperatures will hang around for the weekend and the fish will have started to spread-out abit.

See you in the cafe

Nursey
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

looks like A then Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Imageit was not unsociable nursey any longer and i would have left the house already 

your always unsociable tasker Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i here i few anglers are fishing for kamo points this week Image Imagebeing a 52 pegger
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Yes Joff, I think we will be seeing a few new (and not so new!) Image Image faces at tomorrows match.

What the Woottons away for a family holiday,  8-) (I bet its  pellet and F1 talk all day on those sun beds!) some of the Spro lads now out on probation Image and a few ringers (not Steve and Phil as well!) thrown-in for good measure Image Image it should make it for an interesting match.

Nursey
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i hope the woottons or is it the waltons Image have taken some sun block Image Image Imageabout factor 40 should do it Image Image

carp and pellet talk Image Image Image Image Image Image at least it saves the phone call this week Image Image Image just hope the weathers not too bad tomorrow our lads have gone to packington today so if you see a few F1s being weighed in tomorrow you'l know where they have come from Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

who found these in the back of his car then Image Image

i must say my a tension has some what been side tracked by the thought of what colour stockings mr porter will be wearing tomorrow Image i wounder if he shaves or waxes i'm sure its a decoy just to put us all off our fishing tomorrow
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

CONFIRMED PEGGING FOR TOMORROW

Dear All,
Although the sections and access points are the same as previously stated, we have made a few changes to the pegging for tomorrow.

A Section: Kilby 9 on the basin side of the bridge & 4 on the other side of the bridge

B Section: Crow Mills Down - no changes

c Section: Manor - all pegs now to left of the bridge on Westminster drive. Pegging extends past the two bridges towards the lock.

D Section: County Arms - all pegs are on the basin side of the county arms bridge from and inc the basin down behind the factories to Whetstone lock.

See you in the cafe
Nursey
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Wigston A.S. Middy Team Challenge – GUC Leicester
Round 4 Sun 28th February (52 Pegs)

With last weeks match cancelled due to snow and the fish still shoaled-up in certain areas, it was always going to be a tough match for most of us. :'( :'( :'(

Still, its good to see anglers getting plenty of exercise walking the bank - who says anglers are lazy slobs! Bob Greenbury in my section covered about 6 miles - although I later found out he had driven most of it! Image Image

Speaking of Leicester Sensas, I did feel sorry for Nicky Moss.
At first I thought he was suffering from a late night on the pop, Image but on closer inspection, his peg had been invaded by dog turds and he was wretching like a good-un whilst he tried to cover them up with leaves and twigs. Image Image Image
Not to be out-done, Tasker announced that he had got an even bigger turd in his peg (Joff I'm feeding you lines here!) and it was bright orange!! Image Image
I'm not quite sure what had produced said turd, but it was clearly a hazzard and so Tasker was allowed to move his box for fear of tripping over it. Image

Despite some locals catching in the week, the section behind the factories lived up to the dog crap that was on the bank. Messers Pringle and Oakes Snr caught in the basin Image and my tiny perch (on punch) was the only other fish to be weighed-in. Image

Right, scores on the doors

Leicester Sensas Gold put in a strong team performance to take the team honours with 38 pts ahead of league leaders Oadby Angling ‘A’ on 34pts, Leicester Sensas Silver on 31pts and Spro Red Arc on 23pts.

When you throw-out the worst results, Sensas Gold are only 4 pts behind Oadby A and with two matches left, there could still be an upset! Image Image Image

Leicester Sensas Gold also produced the individual winner with Pete Marlow weighing a superb 13lb 12oz.
Pegged at the ‘Manor’ stretch near Glen Parva, Pete fished caster on a 4m whip to catch small roach and rudd steadily all match.

Second placed Tom Pringle (Oadby Angling ‘A’) caught eight skimmers on bread punch at 14 meters in the basin at the County Arms section to weigh 9lb 8oz.

Joff (Leicester Sensas Silver) took third with 6lb 15oz of roach taken on punch to pip Pete Jayes (Oadby Angling ‘A’) on 6lb 8oz.

FOR FULL LEAGUE TABLE VISIT www.wigstonanglingsociety.co.uk

NEXT ROUND IS SUN 14TH MARCH
SIXTH AND FINAL ROUND IS SUN 28TH MARCH

LEICESTER CANAL CHAMPS - SUN 21ST MARCH

Nursey
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Not to be out-done, Tasker announced that he had got an even bigger turd in his peg (Joff I'm feeding you lines here!) and it was bright orange!!

Can someone please send the said 'turd' over to the Walsall Canal; they will have the full set then :o
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

no Image the bright orange turd was actually taskers float he only realised when he picked is pole up and it was attached to the line Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

smiley=surprise.gif] Imagejust shows you ::) graham barry helped one of our teams out in the wigston league and loves it .he'd never fished bread before and took some lessons off bread punch expert Steve Warner [local oadby angler] two weeks later and graham barry has had his pants down fishing steves favourite pegs at kilby bridge Image Image Imagejust goes to show the way leicester sensas anglers have brought graham on to fish the bait properly Image Image Image Image
i can see GB in the gold team before long  Image
i think its time to take all the sharpe objects off the oadby anglers  Image Imagenow there's only 4 points in it Image Image with two rounds to go Image
i've even heard grumpy has had his shoe laces taken from him at the meeting last night  Image Image Image Image
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Joff,
Yes that's right, Grumpy is still on suicide watch after being spanked by Tasker off the next peg on the 3rd round. Image Image Image
In fairness to Pete, Tasker did admit to foul-hooking a pound skimmer up the bum-hole, but they all count! Image Image

Reality also kicked-in last night when one or two of the Oadby lads realised that they are in with a chance (as are some of the Sensas lads) of being crowned top league individual (yes there is a little trophy).

It will be interesting to see who really are team players who might just push their pegs too far! Image

Nursey
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

[quote]Joff,
Yes that's right, Grumpy is still on suicide watch after being spanked by Tasker off the next peg

even more so if the passer bye [mr blair] hadn't told him where to fish on sunday Image Imagetalk about getting out of jail ::) ::) ::)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

come on then tell us where this weeks pegs are so i can get myself ready Image Image Image Image
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Joff,
The plan (hardly a plan!) is to have two sections (A & B) at Kilby (subject to boats) - one either side of the bridge.

C Section at the Manor including some of the new pegs from the last match - eg yours and a few past the two bridges as well as perhaps some the other side of Westminster drive bridge.

D Section will be the County arms inc 3 in the basin.

Any changes, I'll be in-touch.

Nursey