If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Wigston A.S. Teams of Four Winter League

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image Imagecan't say i mean i couldn't tell you mate i didn't know myself Imagei wouldn't even know how to get back there Image Image Image
vengloss

Unread post by vengloss »

we have kept the pegging the same as last time now joff just for the reason that it should save any arguments Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Joff's saying nothing !!! , Leicester have something sorted !!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Wigston A.S.

Unread post by Nursey »

Oadby Angling 'A' made it two wins out of two on the 2nd round of the Wigston A.S. 'Middy' Teams of Four winter league.

On a difficult canal that saw the fished shoaled-up in certain areas, the Oadby team scored consistently well to finish on 38pts ahead of Spro Red Arc on 35pts who were one of the teams to suffer a dry net. Image

On the individual stakes, Aaron Wells of Devisotter made the most of the noted 'Willow Peg' at the County arms section to net a winning 8lb 7oz of skimmers to breadpunch.

Second placed Rob Bradshaw (Wigston A.S. Blue) had 7lb 15oz comprising of two bream and skimmers from the 'Manor' section.

Individuals
1st Aaron Wells  Devisotter 8lb 7oz
2nd Rob Bradshaw Wigston A.S. Blue 7lb 15oz
3rd Mark Roberts Oadby Angling 'A' 4lb 15oz
4th Matt Collerson Spro Red Arc 4lb 11oz
5th Nicky Moss Leicester Sensas Gold 4lb 0oz

Teams
1st Oadby Angling 'A' 38pts
2nd Spro Red Arc 35pts
3rd Wigston A.S. Red 32pts
4th Wigston A.S. Blue 30pts
5th Leic Sensas Bronze 29pts

League To Date
1st Oadby Angling 'A' 2pts
2nd Leic Sensas Silver and Spro Red Arc both 11pts
4th Oadby Angling 'B' 12pts
5th Leic Sensas Bronze 13pts

Please note that the 6th and final round date of this league will now take place on Sunday 14th March, due to a number of teams being unable to fish the scheduled 21st March date.

In addition, teams will now be able to count their best 5 results out of the six matches.

The Leicester Canal Champs will now take place on Sun 21st March.

Section details for the 3rd round on Sunday and a full breakdown of team and individual points will be available by Wednesday and via visiting www.wigstonanglingsociety.co.uk
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Wigston A.S. 'Middy' Teams of Four - Round 3 Sun 14th Feb 2010 (52pegs)

Round 3 of the Wigston A.S. ‘Middy’ Teams of Four Winter League was a struggle for most competitors with the fish still tightly shoaled in pockets. :( :(

The top 5 anglers all benefited from a change in the pegging to the previous two rounds with Pat Ward (Match Catch) leading the way with a level 14lb. Pat drew the noted ‘Basin’ at Kilby Bridge and made no mistake, netting 5 bream on pole-fished caster. Image Image

Second placed, Richie Reynolds (Oadby Angling ‘B) was also at Kilby and netted six quality perch on chopped worm for 11lb 3oz.

Third placed, Steve Warner (Oadby Angling ‘B’) drew another basin peg, but this time at the County Arms section for 8lb 11oz which included 2 chub. Image

1st  Pat Ward Match Catch    14lb 0oz
2nd Richie Reynolds Oadby Angling ‘B’    11lb 3oz
3rd Steve Warner Oadby Angling ‘B’      8lb 11oz
4th Steve Gardner Might Catch               4lb 1312 oz
5th Dave Tasker Devisotter                  4lb 0oz

On the team front, Oadby Angling ‘B’ were clear winners on 46pts ahead of Match Catch (37pts) Oadby Angling ‘A’ (35pts), Leicester Sensas Gold (30pts) and Notts A.A. (29pts).

For full league details, please visit
www.wigstonanglingsociety.co.uk

Round 4 - Sunday 21st Feb Image Image

Sections to be confirmed :-/ :-/ :-/

Nursey
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Dear All
Based upon the very patchy sport (nice to hear its not just our cut affected by this long cold spell Image Image!!) and peoples feedback, we are looking at the following sections for Sunday’s fourth round, subject to any surprises between now and when we peg it out on Saturday.

A Section: Kilby Bridge Above
(option to split the section either side of the bridge if that’s want people want?) :-/ :-/

B Section: Crow Mills Downstream of bridge – as per 1st and 2nd rounds

C Section: County Arms – as per last week with 3 in the basin

D Section: Blaby – section split either side of Whetstone Lock – e.g. 6/7 below the lock amongst the new houses and the remainder behind the factories leading-up towards the basin at the County Arms bridge.

If any of you are unfamiliar with any of the sections, check-out the where to fish page at www.wigstonanglingsociety.com and you can access google maps and pictures to see the sections in more detail.

Cheers

Nursey
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Sounds good to me Nursey Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

adam i dont think the county arms can take another week its just to much pressure being in every week .but the basin in and go down the factory, put county arms back in next week then its got a rest after that match till the last match.at kilby basin side if boats not moving i.e ask them before pegging, u can get 5 more pegs on the concrete and 2 the other side of bridge making a very good section.just a few suggestions i just want to get some bites. :'( :'( :'(
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

bad news for sunday just seen weather -6 for saturday night get ready for more biteless 5 hours :'( Image :'( Image :'( Image :'( Image
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Wayne,
We would have to close-up the pegging to get 13 pegs in from Whestone Lock (behind factories) up to and inc the basin at the County Arms. Not a problem, but that leaves us a section short if we take the County Arms out!

Are you suggesting we put a full section below Whetstone Lock? As we both know, there are some good pegs here between the houses, but 13 pegs means we would have to go past the wires into open countryside and I'm not sure much would be caught there as the fish tend to push towards the houses in winter.
I'm also not so sure about having put too much pressure on the county arms section. My personal view is that the water has been so cold for such a long period that the fish are in pockets, lethargic and simply don't need to eat much at the moment.
The top half of the manor section (Westminster Drive, where I was last week) is a case in point - normally as you know, all those pegs are good for at least a couple of pounds in winter and yet the seven of us pegged there caught something like 18 oz   Imagebetween us compared to the six the other side catching 18lb!! Image None of it had been fished and yet the fish seemed to want to be on one side of the bridge and not the other. Mind you, there was the odd fish to be caught if you were prepared to sit on your box all match Image Image Image

All suggestions Welcome :)

Adam
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

Unread post by colly »

Adam,
I think your suggestion sounds fine. I would try to get as many pegs into Kilby boatyard and turning bay as possible though - can't see any chance of boats moving particularly if there is ice on.

Gonna be a tough :'(
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

adam do what u think is best u will not keep everyone happy .best of luck mate not a job i would enjoy doing this winter.nice to see maddog is alive again.just a quick one maddog i know u want to get back fishing again,so the good mate i am u can fish in my place sunday just let me know asap what a mate iam tight lines everyone sunday.
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Am off to peg the canal at lunch time with the Oake's and Paul Taylor - Can't help but think there could be some ice about, so might need those ice breakers in the morning. Image Image Image

I'll put a new post on later with confirmation of sections etc., but ring me (07860 112000) or Steve Oakes (07941 361753) if you need any more info.

Cheers
Adam
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Sections for the 4th round tomorrow are as follows Image

A Section:  Kilby Bridge down - all basin (AKA Turning bay and winding hole!!!) side. So pegs are between boats, in the basin itself and just past before the wires.

B Section: Crow Mills Down - Same pegs as 1st two rounds.

C Section: County Arms inc 3 basin side. There is a boat in the basin, so have had to peg around it obviously!

D Section: Old Blaby Brickyard section below Whetstone Lock. Have managed to get 13 pegs in before the wires. Image Image

There are some areas of thin ice on all sections - 2-4mm thick and with another cold night ahead, some pegs might need an ice breaker in the morning, so come prepared. Image Image Image

See you in the cafe

Nursey
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

hammo not good enough to fish in any team when u made them up so no way for sunday ? .
BRADDY

Unread post by BRADDY »

never mind maddog you can fish with me and lag-on next year Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

What's the story here then ? Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

there is a god Imagehad a few days off took the kids out pictures,walking,football, swimming and eating i think by Thursday it had cost me £300 i did manage a few hours fishing in between Image Imagethen woke up on Friday with a cold from hell :-[ :-[coughing sneezing and blowing bubbles out of my nose the last thing i wanted to do was to fish a match on the canal Imagecouldn't sleep Saturday night until the early hours then got woke up by my phone going off Image Imageand a voice said it was off because of the snow Imageshot up out of bed to see 3in of snow on the ground Image Imagethank you god hopefully I'll be better next week Image Imageunless its turns into flu Image Image
even the tank commanders can't believe how many days off fishing I've had off this year Image Image Image
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Nursey »

Dear All,
Well judging by the number of calls (or lack of them!) that me and Oaksey had, our decision to call yesterday's 4th round match off was the right one. Image Image

I am still in shock however of being woken-up at silly oclock by a certain Mr Dave Tasker!!! :o :o :o :o

For anyone who does not know Dave, hes a smashing bloke, with a face best suited to radio, but unfortunateley he does not have the velvet tones to secure such a lucrative career.

Still half asleep (if only I'd set my alarm ten minutes earlier!)Our brief conversation went something like this.......
"What do you reckon?"
"To what I replied"
"Is it Off?"
"Is what off I asked"
"Have you looked outside?"

It was at this point, that I was unable to respond to a question with yet another question and so was forced to peer through the curtains. The scene I was met with can only be described as something resembling the mess that is
the freezer compartment at the top of my bait fridge!

Decision time.....4 inches of snow, anglers travelling from Northampton, Nottingham and Burton.
Late draw, extra time needed to get to sections (especially Kilby), unable to find the pegs, then we'll have to break the ice - we'll be lucky if we are fishing for mid-day.

Decision made and Dave and me set about ringing the captains to break the good news. Image Image

Of course, by this time, I'm wide awake and with some of the Spro lads already en-route and still wanting to have a knock-up, I make my way to the Choice Cafe.

A normal 20 mins journey from Ashby Magna took more like an hour and I find a dozen brave souls had made it to the cafe and were enjoying a hearty breakfast.

Several mugs of tea and plenty of craic later, ten of us set off to the old Blaby Brick Yard section for a knock-up.

I'd like to report that we all went on to bag-up on roach fishing punch down the middle, but alas it was not to be and an hour or so later with 2 rigs in the bush and a jammed pole section, I threw-in the towel and convinced Oakes Senior and Junior that a pint in the Black Horse was the best option.
At the time of leaving, one of the Spro lads had caught 8 small roach next to the bridge, whilst everyone else remained biteless.  Image Image

As is often the case, it turned out to be quite a nice day.  8-)By the time we left the pub, all the roads were clear and it was hard to believe that it was the same day to the one we had all awoken to that same morning

Back at home, I get calls on the mobile and hear of tales of anglers getting stuck in the snow, near misses with other cars and having to turn back.
It confirms our decision to cancel the match and thankfully no one got hurt.

Hope to see you all next Sunday!

Nursey
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image Imageyour a god Adam it was the right decision 100% but thanks for letting Taska phone me at that hour Imageof the morning Image Imagei'd been up half the night as it was Image Imageand then get half a hour of Image Image Image Image Imagein the best Queens English was just too much Image Image Imagestill i did appreciate it and text all the lads Image Image
roll on this week whats the forcast for sunday Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image