If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

fighting a losing battle

LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

fighting a losing battle

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

i have put some matches up for next year....and i am getting told its to early i cant commit .So when do you book waters for anglers the day before there is just no bloody pleasing anglers ....dont they understand that matches have to be booked well in advance....larford was booked over a year ago and still its next year ...rolfs booked in summer for next year Image will i grow out of this Victor Meldrew syndrome
two shakes
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cornerstone

fighting a losing battle

Unread post by two shakes »

If you get really yellow stream off,will you do your John Cleese impression ? :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

fighting a losing battle

Unread post by TK »

Thats the problem with 'forum' matches with an advanced layout or financial commitment that needs to be payed on the day..........there always seems to be a casualty or two....whether bona fide or not Image

With a 'club' - generally not too much a problem with membership fees etc covering the no shows.......but yep, been in your boots before Larry and paid deposits and full booking fees out of my own pocket in the past.....and just hope you get the turnout.

Plus some people genuinely cant commit 100% to matches that far in advance, despite their wish to be there if they can make it - work/shifts/holidays/unforeseen family issues etc etc etc etc............but there again, if they'd had to commit to some financial layout some 'no shows' or the impact of them can be minimised to a degree