If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Match Fishing in the North West

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

I also feel that a huge number of anglers who DONT fish with a team are missing out on skills / methods that are invaluable to their fishing, just being around and involved with a group of talented team anglers brings an individual on no end. I think you get out of match fishing what you put in for sure , i just feel the way things are in the north west at present it is holding back loads of anglers from competing at a higher level. If things were to improve with turnouts/venues i for one would be back fishing 3 matches a week no problem, with choosing to travel i can only fish once a week, my family will always come first.

Unread post by Guest »

Limiting squad sizes has had little positive effect. Other than Maver Midlands, when was the last time you heard of a new team being formed? And MM is more or less half of Mosella Garbolino under a different name.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

:-[ :-[ and now we are entering a summer of fuel increases again  :-[ :-[
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

While all of these posts are very interesting they have one thing in common; there is a downturn in match fishing; numbers are dwindling and big matches are dwindling.

Anybody got any ideas on how to reverse the trend?
Daft question really but is anyone too bothered, we seem to be in a 'I'm all right Jack' situation.

Still on the same theme since the introduction of commercials, it has without a shadow of doubt, split match fishing, not just the the actual type of 'fishing' but the actual all in cost of the matches. There does appear to be two categories now.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

the other problem is how do you motivate angers anymore young and old it seams no one wants to be told off or told they have fished wrong when we started out the first thing we had drilled into us was to look and listen then ask questions Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

More gloom and doom it seems >:(

Heronbrook has been closed again by cefas . Cant believe how much bad luck Neil Dale the owner of heronbrook has had the last couple years.
Irkthepurists

Unread post by Irkthepurists »

Hi Dodge,

Wigan winter league will be Angling Times again this year by all accounts, so there are options here in NW... tough as old boots as you know but if you work at it anything is possible....
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Hello Irk Image

Quite a few of your lads were on the bridgy yesterday ;) think they will be back on the wigan canal next week as it was crap ! Image Image Image Image
Irkthepurists

Unread post by Irkthepurists »

Goodness..... If it's fishing worse than the L & L something is deffo wrong with the world... Bridgy was always an escape from drudgery in the summer.... will ring Mr Brunt fo a full run down....   :-/ :-/ :-/