If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 12... Izaaks top pool

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

WOT NO RESULTS...... Image

wasn't so bad after all. good start, slow middle, great last hour and half.
nice to see some happy faces at the end, Tony cooper, Brian brambles.
first time i've seen tony off his box landing fish with a smile on his face.
Not so bad after all these commercials eh. :)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

You what? Trying to wind me up?

Well apart from 10 mins last night I’ve been offline (at home) since Thursday

Perhaps that’s a good thing – I might have posted an earlier remark or two that I may have regretted.

What can I say…………?

Well I’ve never fished a match with an air of so much ill feeling before the off.

It was sad to hear of a couple of other things

So I’m staying tight lipped so no one construes this as a case of sour grapes – other that to publicly state that this venue will never see a bean of my money ever again.

If fisheries do not want to accommodate our requirements as the customer, so be it, they won’t be on the fixture list (unless you vote another MBS at the AGM) .

Can’t tell you who was on what permanent peg other than my own which was 31.

Well done again to The Wedge – have you submitted your planning application for that extension to house all your trophies?

1. The Wedge 50 – 6- 0
2. Yamo 38 – 0 – 0
3. MrV 36 – 12 -0
4. KOD 35 – 6 – 0
5. Golden Balls 33 – 2 – 0
6. Geoff C 26 – 4 – 0

Others
8 Heinzer 22 – 1 – 0
9 The Worminator 17 – 12 – 0
10 Zorro 16 – 12 – 0
11 BDM 14 – 1 – 0
16 HaHa 8 – 0 – 0

25 fished

So Yamo maintains his ‘temporary’ lead at the top of the table which now looks like
1. Yamo 303 points
2. The Wedge 300
3. Zorro 292
4. BDM 291
5. The Worminator 273
6. KOD 257
8. Heinzer 253
10. HaHa & MrV 231
13. MGB 166
19. Golden Balls 108
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

saturday was a weird day and not one i really want to remember. Pre match disagreements were inevitable given the crazy rules.Was disappointed to see other anglers fishing the pool we had booked, thought that was very cheeky, as a result our pegs were very tight not allowing any margin swims and some pegs (ie:BDM,mr v) to be put in which to be fair shouldnt have. I must say given what the asshole manager left us with, the pegger out lads KOD and rob did a great job.I went with a plan and it didnt work, there were plenty of fish around but they werent feeding properly, after a fishless first 2 hours i foul hooked one and got him out about a 1lb. This was followed by a fish sporadically every half hour till last hour when i finally got em going but ran out of time. Even then i had walk round half the pool to weigh a fish in,wastin about 10mins,wedgey had to do the same.never known so many rules. Never foul hooked so many fish though,think mgb would agree. i alternated depths all the time but nomatter where i fished they were foul hooked. cant begin to remember how many i actually lost. Please to frame, ive had quite a lot of 2nds and 3rds this year, well done to wedge, i could see the smile on his face when he drew corner peg with no one at all to his left. would agree with TK'S sentiments whole heartedly.. all these huge weights are done on there in afternoon matches when there are maximum of 15 anglers when they can spread out the pegs.

The turn out was great and just goes to show that commercials do have the pulling power,i just think this guy is on one major power trip and his rules and regulations caused a lot of tension and upset and spoilt what could have been a memorable day. Would agree with wedge regarding brian brambles and tommy cooper that was great to see.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Good write up Yamo - totally agree with your first line  Image

Pity I was nowt near Tommy and Brambles to witness the event.........Brambles also ran me close and nearly took a point off me  :o

I've no issues with the peggers out - they did what they had to do under the instructions of the owner

He received the BDM curse when I was walking to my peg and he enquired how many were fishing. I wasn't sure and said 20 - 25. He commented that if he'd known that we would have had so many turn up we could have had all the pool  >:(

What does he think I paid for 25 pegs for - am I that benevolent with the clubs funds that I can line the like's of his pockets.

I fully expected this when I booked it last year ..........booking was made last year with the comment 'you'll have the pool', confirmed by MrV on Wed when he visited the fishery........but I guessed if there was the chance to pocket another £6.50 it would be '*** you'

I found a 1571 message from the fishery last night (from Fri evening) wanting to know how many breakfast to do 'because they'd got the stuff in' - HaHa hope the stocks gone off
THE_WEDGE

Cheers yamo & TK.
never meant as a wind up and i apologise if it came across that way. :-[

as for the match, never had a bite for the first 45mins then had a few before trying down the edge and getting loads of liners but no proper bites, so went back out at 6m on the deck and had a couple then nothing. in the end i had to feed a cup full of corn and pellet every 20 mins at least or it would just go dead, needless to say i got through 2pts of pellet, 1tin of meat and 7 tins of corn.
enjoyed the fishing and had a good day, but without the rules it could have been a great day.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well, what a match that was Image After seeing my peg, and the fact me and Danny could have held hands (if either of us had been that way inclined) I very nearly chucked the proverbial doll out of the pram and went down the Trent. Image
90 minutes into the match the Trent was looking an even better option :'( Then Danny asked when somebody was going to flick the switch to turn the venue on and lo and behold, I had a bite, and a small carp. Image
For the rest of the match minre and Dannys peg (I use the term loosely as it was A PEG between us) boiled like a jacuzzi. Quite enjoyed the last couple of hours, and had a good laugh in the bargain. Espescially when Danny hooked a fish, it came into my half of the peg, hooked itself on my rig, had us both playing each other, then somehow shed both hooks and left them perfectly hooked together Image
Well done Wedgie. Good draw or not, you still kept your nerve and daint screw it up. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cheers yamo & TK.
never meant as a wind up and i apologise if it came across that way. :-[

Not taken that way Wedgie.........just me with a size 14 in the top lip. No need for that blushing smiley face at all.

Reading your write up, perhaps it was down to the fact that me and Phil B didn't feed enough between us in the peg we fished.

Although I couldnt fish further than 5 mtrs out to avoid sword fighting with Phil I had decent inside cover to left and right. But all this produced was one, yes one, small roach to the rhs...............never had a bite on pellet or meat all match there despite constantly drip feeding in 3 areas - 1 to left, 2 to the right along the reeds (only chance I had of putting an extra section on ;))
THE_WEDGE

Cheers mr v but with 2 spare pegs to my left and the wind blowing in the corner i think anyone could have had a good day there.
Thank god i drew it. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thank god i drew it. Image

Do you give lessons..................... ;) :P
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

saturday was a weird day and not one i really want to remember. Pre match disagreements were inevitable given the crazy rules.Was disappointed to see other anglers fishing the pool we had booked, thought that was very cheeky, as a result our pegs were very tight not allowing any margin swims and some pegs (ie:BDM,mr v) to be put in which to be fair shouldnt have. I must say given what[highlight] the asshole manager [/highlight]left us with, the pegger out lads KOD and rob did a great job.
Gotta agree with you Yamo on some very valid points. What i'll tell you is on arrival was a little yellow stream to see people fishing being as i understood we had the whole pool!!
Well the conversation with TW@T in charge went like this;
Have we got all the pool?
no
what have we got?
how many of you are their?
bout 25/26 if everyone turns up
well you only paid for 25 pegs!
quick check we only got 25 max so what we got?
you can have peg 1 to 30 so you can spread them out  Image oh you could use peg 31right in the corner if you need to.
well as you can gather things were a little cosy to say the least :(
but the best was yet to come
after running round to get the scales in place and navigate the bridge which was probably made so narrow just to yellow stream me off even more i had to go back to the car park to fetch me nets and the F@*£in Tw@t turn round and said we should have used the pegs on the "canal"(around the pleasure anglers) to spread us out!!!
For f*@ks sake were is the moron from? he knows how many pegs we booked. He knows how many pegs on on HIS pool. He knows how close the pegs are and how many are not fishable (by allowing us the 6 extra pegs)  so why cram us all in so we are all fishing in each others keepnets or is that how you catch the big weights there :D
mind you if we had used the other pegs he'd of probably charged us extra for them >:(
I must apologise to the many that i walk past after fetching me nets for turning the air blue  Image its been a while since some one wound me (and probably a few others) up  that much
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Have we dropped a goollie KOD Image

We could have pegged the cut out an the same basis - we would have got 750 pegs on it :D

But there again, on second thoughts, no goolies dropped.............we'd still be there till next week cutting the pegs out Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Chris. Dont want to add to your woes mate, but the little sh*t came up to me just before we kicked off and said "if the pegger outer had come to see me before they pegged out I would have told them exactly where to peg. They have left out some of the best pegs on the pool"  :'(
I asked him which ones and he said either side of the pleasure angler. I said they have done the right thing by leaving them out as those pleasure anglers had a half hour start on the rest of us. His reply was..........wait for it...........we never turn pleasure anglers  away !:o I said I had spoken to another chap on the Wednesday who was running the open and weighing in for them. He had told me that we had the WHOLE of the top pool to go at, 40+ pegs. He said that was not true, as pleasure anglers would fish spare pegs all over the venue if they got there before the matches started. Strange, but I never saw one pleasure angler on the other 2 pools reserved for the open  :-/
I fish matches for the fun of it, with a great bunch of blokes, but I must admit to never before seeing so many sad faces before the start of a match.  Image I was one of them, but lets put shi*holes like this behind us and get back to the serious business of....having some fun  and catching some fish Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hear hear Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Think it just shows what a money grabbin, bull sh1tin b@st@rd he is >:(
so movin on to the next match i've been told we've got the WHOLE poll and theirs 50 odd pegs so
you will be spread out Image