If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Should have gone to Wood Lane cut after all ?

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Well, I intended this morning to mount an advance one man mission to Hanchurch Fishery lol  ;) ..next BUT ONE Cashmores match ! hehe

Got in the car and discovered it's a116mile round trip from my front door. Way too much for me to dangle a maggot on a whim.

Where to ? Decided to make a trip to 'Go Outdoors'.
The only place I can find that stocks the keepnet I needed to replace after leaving it behind last week. Already replaced the aqua bag and ONE of the two landing net heads.

Did that. Decided to try' Meadowlands' a new fishery to me and only 7 miles away. Arrived after stopping enroute to fuel may chocolate habit at an exhorbitant 89p for confectionary, sold eleswhere apart from service stations at about 45p.

On arrival saw it was a huge place, not what i had in mind at all. Not an angler or other person in sight. Just two staffy type dogs that looked decidedly unfriendy. They may have been lovely things of course but I decided to just skidadle and drop in on a fishery on the way home. I'd bagged up there on silvers a couple of weeks ago. Easy peasey.

Paid me £7. Was quite embarrased to have to admit to a couple of droppers by, later on, that i'd only had two small rudd and a roach ! Why is it thay always say  ...'is that ALL' ... in 'that' tone of voice ?

Could hardly buy a bite off 'em. Couldnt understand it.
Had to resort to fishing for craps. Not averse to that, but not when I wanted an action packed silvers day which I was soooo convinced, was going to be so easy, it was hardly worth doing.

Lost my first fish on the method off the island through playing it too hard. Nowt else.

Kept losing fish from under nearside bush, drove me mad. Landed a couple.

In between all this, looked round for my flask and I honesty didnt know my bait was in the water, OR there was bait on the hook but I sure saw my top kit zoom off. Cocked at about 4 m and disappeared leaving a frothy trail of bubbles. Smashing  >:(

Forget to say, left most of my maggots at home, missed important calls for work due to remote retrieval of messages from my answering machine not working properly and sprang off a toss pot.

There was a moment I have to admit when the sun did shine on me.... a kind soul from the other end of the lake who had been berating me  with bish bash bosh throughout as he bagged up on craps came round and presented me with my top kit back, complete with rig and a newly aquired pulla bung (only yesterday !) from Ians Fishing tackle no less. Apparently he'd had a wrap round on his feeder as something ploughed over his line towing the kit.

Trouble was he didnt seem to see the funny side when my first retort was 'WHERE'S THE FISH ?'

Gave him a bag of pellets later for his deed and came home wondering if I should venture out at all on Saturday ?
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Image Image Image

Superb reading. If I aint catching on Saturday I will come and sit behind you with my camera, I will have my work cut out taking pictures if your report is anything to go by Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Trouble was he didnt seem to see the funny side when my first retort was 'WHERE'S THE FISH ?

Entertaining 'warts and all' read as usual MarkV - always much more interesting than the 'bagging' stories Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Trouble was he didnt seem to see the funny side when my first retort was 'WHERE'S THE FISH ?

Entertaining 'warts and all' read as usual MarkV  - always much more interesting than the 'bagging' stories  Image

Talking of bagging hows my mate budgie doing Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Talking of bagging hows my mate budgie doing
I didnt know he had a job at Tesco's, thats the only baggin he would be doing

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Image Image Image.