If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Monk Match Lake 2

Marsh Upcoming Matches.

Moderator: Spamwham

Gowith

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Gowith »

Dave thanks for the tips .. I'm sure you were still in your B jams when I phoned.. anyway, I'm sure you will be up at the crach of dawn tomorrow... will you catch more than last year ? that is the question !

see ya.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Dave C »

You put your last post on last years match comments Roger. Image I moved it here for you.

Will I catch more than last year? That depends on the draw, but Im sure that if I draw the same peg again I will, afterall I did waste 2 hours last year fishing the wrong part of the swim.

I would predict that the majority will do better than last year, given that the weather will be better plus the experience gained last time. Image So I expect nearer 50lb from you tomorrow Roger. Image Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Dave C »

Well I have confirmed that the brekkie bar will be open at around 7am so get their early if you want a breakfast or sarnie before the bagging session.

Hope everyone has their Licence sorted. our 2 new weigh nets will be in use for the first time ( we wore the old one out last year Image)
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Mugger »

our 2 new weigh nets will be in use for the first time ( we wore the old one out last year  Image)

You may have to explain that comment for the benefit of any Cashmores anglers looking in on this thread. Image Image Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Simple »

Have a good day tomorrow. Dont catch too much Image :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by TK »

I think we have upset TK

Dont talk soft   :D Me upset - nah.......now if we had 600lb between us I might be - remember my reputation would be on the line  Image
Is he too busy planning how to bag 15lb to win the Cashmores match

Got me gobie rigs sorted for in the morn  ;)  Image

Tight lines guys  Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Dave C »

You may have to explain that comment for the benefit of any Cashmores anglers looking in on this thread

Well the net is getting a bit tatty but worse the metal bars have bent a lot. This is probably due to constantly weighing too many fish at once. Obviously 40 to 50lb in the net is far too much. The new nets look stronger and bigger but by using 2 we can spread the load a bit. Image Good job we dont still have to use those metal baskets.
VinceG

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by VinceG »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your call today.

Unfortunately on getting home this evening I have found that the cat has a problem with it's eyes and needs taking to the vet. It's third eyelids are constantly showing which I believe is a sign of the cat being unwell. I couldn't get an appointment till the morning.

I'm gutted as I was looking forward to giving my new pole a proper work out. Never mind I will still try and get across at some time to see you all.

Vince
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Simple »

Hello Vince. My cat had that problem along with his pads constantly sweating. It was just a infection he caught from fighting with other cats.

He had some tablets that we had to hide in prawns to get him to eat them, 1 week later he was right as rain.
Then 3 weeks later he got it again, more tablets cured him again. He aint had it again to this day.
/me touches wood.
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Mugger »

Well that will teach me to doubt the power of the  Image

The  Image caught up with me today BIG TIME  Image

Shame Vince couldn't make it, he won't get a better chance to take a £1 off me this year. Image Image Image

All will be revealed in the reports I'm sure. Image Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Dave C »

Considering you had a blank peg either side of you and a lady on one side and a first timer on the pole the other I think you fished very well to get that weight out. Image Image Image Image
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Clive »

you fished very well to get that weight out.  

Did he find the plummets he threw into Monks the year before last Dave ? Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Dave C »

Unfortunately we were fishing a different lake Clive. Mind you they may have given his weight a good boost. Image

Full results now on this thread http://yaleac.si-lad.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 878131/0#0
Gowith

Monk Match Lake 2

Unread post by Gowith »

Dave... I should have done better at Monks !! any way its history... :(I'm off to Devon on Saturday for one week... so put me down for PEA Lane 25th. thanks