If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Willows, Spring pool.

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Results for this fine match are HERE

A very wet day indeed. Not much to report on really... I caught all my fish shallow on the corn feeding caster and corn. I couldn't get a bite anywhere else.
I think I ended up 5th after Conna just pipped me. I will own up to loosing only one fish which pulled out because my pole was wet and I couldn't ship back properly.
I ain't fished that pool for over a year now too, only fished the evening matches on the brook pool.

The fishing was very pool with alot of DNW's. There was a match on there yesterday too so maybe that's the reason why. Poor day really.  Image :(

Pictures will be uploaded later after I dry all my kit out  >:( >:(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by TK »

Oooooops - what happend to the one half of the Wyrley W*****s Image Image Image

Didn't they turn up Image Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Simple »

What do you mean matey, Paul and Mark turned up Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by YAMO »

well it rained all day and stopped immediately on the whistle.

drew peg right near the entrance, it looked great altho several guys came round saying it was a bad peg and id drew the short straw. Started off on worm in margins and picked up a few rudd, odd stripey and then 2 smallish carp combined about 3lb. Tried shallow and got hasselled with small fish constantly even on meat,so back into margins for a dry hour. I thought enough was enough 20 hook on single caster and wallop. straight away out came the laccy and 5mins later i netted a 5lb mirror carp. This was followed by lots of roach from 6oz to a 1lb, a nice skimmer about 1.5lbs and several sporadic rudd. Lost one more carp which i think was a foul hooker,never stood a chance. Last 40 mins i went in search of a monster but to no avail.Ended up with about 15-16lb.

Thanks to simon and yale guys, was a well organsied match and even though i didnt do as well as expected i enjoyed it. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Simple »

You did well then Yamo concidering what was caught round you Image

Pictures now uploaded HERE
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Conna »

It was a frustrating match for me to say the least. I fed 3 pots of hemp with meat at 10m, I won't bore you with the other lines as I didn't catch off them. After about 20 mins my peg started fizzing and my float was dancing around. Knowing the fish were on the top I put my blob out and had a carp straight away, then I pricked one and missed a few bites and then had another along with a few more missed bites. I was constantly catapulting hemp around my float throughout the match using 5 pints in all, after 90 mins or so and 3 fish my bites dried up so I tried other lines to no avail. I went back out at 10m and tried different depths but nothing. I then realised that my peg had stopped fizzing and wondered if all the bubbles earlier had somehow attracted the carp on the top so I cupped out 3 more big pots of feed, again 20 mins later it started fizzing again and low and behold I started catching again. I ended up with 27lb and I pulled out of 2 big fish. I was ghost hunting the night before and was up early on Sat so Sunday I was fishing having only had 2 hours sleep and was absoloutely knackered and going dizzy all day so I think if I'd been more alert I'd have noticed my peg had stopped fizzing earlier and maybe I'd have caught a few more fish to frame. Ah well there's always next time. At least I beat Simon on his own turf Image.

Thanks for collecting the pegs up Si, your a great lad.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Own turf  :-[
10oz ain't beating me really   :D its scraping through by the skin of your teeth  Image
And I will have you know, your peg is more favourable than mine  Image
But I know your response will be "10oz is 10oz" which is dead right.
But I Maybe you have forgotten about me beating you on YOUR home turf by 9oz   :D ;) Evidence HERE  Image Image

Gotta love the banter  :D :D
Carpfan

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Carpfan »

Looking at the results I am glad I never got to fish this now :D Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Simple »

The only good thing was that it was not windy Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by YAMO »

[highlight]You did well then Yamo concidering what was caught round you[/highlight]  Image

Pictures now uploaded HERE

when i drew next to neese again i thought it was a good omen after the parish match. perhaps i should have weighed in after all ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by TK »

No 1 rule............always trouble the scaleman ;)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Willows, Spring pool.

Unread post by Simple »

You like drawing next to Nese don't you Yamo :D
I always weigh in, you have spent 5 hours trying to catch the buggers so you may as well weigh them in. Thats the way I look at it.