If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

friday 22nd june curly wyrley cut pelsall

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

i knew it was gonna be a good day when i parked on pub car park and found a 20 pound note lying on the floor.yes it was wet and i did check for dog sh!t and any other possible pranks , but it was all clear and was a result.

it rained all day but the fishin was outstanding. Only  took 1/2 pint of reds and some brown crumb. fish a chuck,including many rudd bream hybrids which are a very good sign.tench eluded me at first although i bumped one an hr in,which resulted in a quiet spell for all of 3mins. caught perch rudd roach gudgeon ruffe hybrids and eventually a tench came along about 3lb. this was followed by a golden rudd well over a 1lb.was fishing 4lb staright thru as i knew of the quality fish in this stretch but that wasnt good enough. whilst a kid was asking me the time a fish hooked itself and snap, the black magic smashed up 4th section. one of strongest poles ive ever used and it snapped with ease.needless to say i got snapped on fish which charged up the canal, at a guess a double figure carp, on went the animal gear, but couldnt snare a biggie, so back onto light gear and voila, another laccy stretcher which snagged me up. these tench know exactly where to go. once again tried for a biggie but to no avail,yet again first chcuck on lighter gear i lost a tench whic yet again snapped the line. ended up catching roach skimmers and rudd last hr whilst mr tench did not make a show. weighed my net  at 21lb, give or take 2lb for the net, that aint a bad day for the canal is it? i love the curley wyrley

TODAY'S NET

LAST SUNDAYS TENCH MARATHON

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Whoo hoooooooo, cracking report and bags of fish mate.
Looks like you have that place sussed now  ;)  Image

[edit]Just moved this here mate as its Cashmores water after all Image [/edit]
jagman

Unread post by jagman »

well done paul told you all along tht they are there i just cant draw the curtains ant the min let alone a good peg !!!!

hope i have a bit more luck at barston on wednesday
Daylewlia
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Roach must live on their own.

Unread post by Daylewlia »

Yamo, I see you said that you parked in the car park, but do you know what the track leading to the bridge is like, in case i take my car down there on sunday, or would it be better parking in the pub ?
Don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Nice Report Yamo. How can we not call you "Golden Balls" now!! You even managed a pick up on the car Park  :-/

Daylewlia...the track is a bit dodgy mate, so if you have spoilers or low profiles, I would not risk it mate.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

park on pub if not too busy or on raod by pub. car will be fine. might be going down tomorrow to use the rest of todays left over bait. feel free to join me!
jagman

Unread post by jagman »

evening lads

just got back in from a walk along the stretch and i gotta say its not looking good !!!!

from the pub all the way round to the fishley bridge it is covered with surface weed and muck, it is broken up a little around the iron bridge but that is starting to block up aswell

i will try and go a walk over there again tomorrow and let you know if it has changed

TK give me a call mate and i will let you know the full SP !!

dave
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

Unfortunately once the weather drys up and warms up it will be as green as the common. This is the problem with the canals around this area. Once it moves in it takes for ever to move as theres a lack of boat traffic
Image Image