If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Trent & mersey canal armitage

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

MASSIVE well done there to the wedge  Image twelve pounds &.......... over all the years i have diped a line with cashmores i would go to say that is the heavest match weight on a cut. Think T.K had the best before with ten pounds or so ................. MR Geoff Cashmore came in second with a big eight pound or so  ImageBTW it was nice to see Geoff with a smile on his face after the match.  The norm is a face like a trod on CHIP   :D :D :D HODDY YOU ARE A CLOWN YOU LET US DOWN AGAIN WITH THE SARNIES HA
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cotti 'The punch king' did 12lb odd off the basin on Pelsall common a couple of years back - 12lb 7oz rings a bell but I'll stand corrected

Top 6 results from Sat (20 fished)

The Wedge 12 - 0 - 0
Geoff C 9 - 8 - 3
Mr V 8 - 6 - 0
Yamo 4 - 0 - 0
Cotti 3 - 9 - 0
Ha Ha 3 - 3 - 12
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Points after 2 matches
Mr V 58
The Wedge 56
Cotti 54
Geoff C 52
Yamo 49
TK 48
Ha Ha 45
Zorro 42
also forum members
Heinzer 25
KOD 21
Golden Balls 18
MBG 17
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Guess what came in todays post Image

The Wedge has won an AT clubman cap for his exploits on the punch for this match

(Presume the result is in this weeks AT)

Well done The Wedge Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

why didnt i get one for my 2 wins on the river trent last cashmore's season... 'destroying the opposition' with double figure weights?????????
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

well done mr wedge bytheway, it was a great weight mate ! ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

why didnt i get one for my 2 wins on the river  trent last cashmore's season... 'destroying the opposition' with double figure weights?????????

Presumably the same reason as I've never won one for all my wins with Cashmores over the years, including the Trent last year................not considered as remarkable a feat as doing 12-0-0 of roach on the cut on the punch.

Thinking further about this, actually our weights off the Trent tend to be poor compared with other reported club matches off the same or adjacent sections...............perhaps we aint as good as we think we are  
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

compared with other reported club matches [/highlight]off the same or adjacent sections...............perhaps we aint as good as we think we are  

Yes TK, but the other clubs are not affected by your well publicised "Cashmores Curse"  ;)

[highlight]YAMO....[/highlight]ask Hoddy for an Angling Times cap mate. A man of his calibre must have dozens of them.... Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

[quote]

Agree Mr V that conditions or other events sometimes conspire against us manifesting themselves in the form of THE CURSE Image............................

but I still stick to my statement/view/opinion that we as Cashmores members aint as good as we think we are.

Perhaps this could be put to the test by a 3 match series of say 10 a side, against another club, one on a cut, one on a pool and one on a river? Would Yale be up for it if we could fit the dates in Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

why didnt i get one for my 2 wins on the river  trent last cashmore's season... 'destroying the opposition' with double figure weights?????????

Presumably the same reason as I've never won one for all my wins with Cashmores over the years, including the Trent last year................not considered as remarkable a feat as doing 12-0-0 of roach on the cut on the punch.

Thinking further about this, actually our weights off the Trent tend to be poor compared with other reported club matches off the same or adjacent sections[highlight]...............perhaps we aint as good as we think we are [/highlight] 

who's spouting off how good they are then??????????

i remember cotty winning AT stuff for 13lb off trent at sherrats farm a year back. think i made a valid point
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I'm spouting off about how average we are, borne out of our recorded weights, and we lose sight of the fact that we ain't as good as we think we are.
The comparison was that we tend to weigh in winning double figure bags, whilst other clubs weigh in 30lbs plus, with better backing weights off the Trent.
The point that I perhaps didn't make clear at the outset was that I think a 30lb plus bag off the Trent, not double figures, might be considered comparable to The Wedges performance on the cut that won him the cap...............(but there again I don't work for AT and sit in judgement on these things when they review all the results they've received)
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

TK dont be so harsh our club havesome excellent anglers .If we fished venues like larford,furnace,woodlands,tunnel barn,moorlands,izaak walton,elmbridge and boldings every week im sure we would all be producing top weights.These match anglers know these venues inside out ie:goldenballs at woodlands, most fish afternoon matches(when fishing is better) eg.furnace mill in our morning match did 30lb in afternoon matches did 160lb plus. What we must also take into consideration are sponsored anglers, what struck me when i fished matches at woodlands in last 2 weeks were the ammount of people sponsored by bait companies and tackle shops, willis worms,sonu baits,vader,fosters,bosfish etc. These guys get all the bait and tackle they want whilst we dont. Look at evesham festival john arthur casually having 2 brand new shimano antares rods at his disposal and as much joker and bloodworm as he wanted. This is the major gulf. I know these guys are technically far better, but their preparation is far superior.

i know im fishing tunnel barn tomorrow completely blind, ill prob have a mare but i was like this at first at poplars but i eventually knew the venue and started winning money against 4 sponsored colmic anglers. Woodlands last friday, ive fished it twice and done awful first off and then slightly better 2nd time but this time i knew the crack and put together 72lb and beat anglers the calibre of les thompson.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well done on your recent expedition to WW.

I also agree with a lot of your comments. But (and you always have to expect a but from me :D ), I'm also thinking of alternative methods, many no longer practised when conditions are called for (slider, stretpegging), various running line and shotting techniques and of course feeding regimes on wild/natural waters (away from the commies). I'm not wishing to be harsh on the membership, just having a reality check.

Anyway good luck for you (I'm sure you aint going totally blind :D ) and KOD for tomorrow Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well it looks like The Wedge has gone missing and doesn't realise he's won a cap.

Think I'll delete the posts above and wear it myself tomorrow :D :D
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Well it looks like The Wedge has gone missing and doesn't realise he's won a cap.

Think I'll delete the posts above and wear it myself tomorrow   :D :D

Perhaps yamo would like it Image :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cotti 'The punch king' did 12lb odd off the basin on Pelsall common a couple of years back - 12lb 7oz rings a bell but I'll stand corrected

I'll stand corrected :-[ going back through the cut results - it wasn't 12lb odd after all - it was

18/05/02 Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall Roy Cotterell 11.05.00

So at this point in time Wedgey 'did hold the canal record' Image

Superceded since by first Sprucey

25/07/06 Wyrley & Essington Canal - Wood Lane/Common Andy Spruce 15.15.14

Then smashed by Hotlips :o

22/05/10 Wyrley & Essington Canal - Fishley/Wood Lane Ray Phipps 25.00.14