If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Riverside Fishery 01/02/2009

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

mitch_fish

Unread post by mitch_fish »

Got up this morning at 7:30 raring to go had a little breakfast and got dressed and washed ect ect

Left the house a little after 8:00 type what i thought was the post code into the sat nav and about 20 mins and a few miles later the sat nav had taken me and my mum to some random little industrial estate in the middle off caphilly.

so we drove on untill we came to the Peters pies factory and i knew my way from there and arrived at the fishery around 8:45.

When i got there most of the guys were there apart from one person

GUESS WHO ????????

Yes you guessed it Mr Doyle his self but around 8:59 cam and down the hill he roller in the little green pocket machine (engine knocked off obviously to save petrol going down hill).

We all then set off to the lake where Nick and Brian pegged it out:D

Nick then started the draw by asking me to draw his peg for him so in i went and pulled out peg 7 a peg that he didnt want lol

I then drew my peg out came peg 6 so nick one side of me with keith the other side of him the to my left i had Jeff next to him the Jinx himself next to him was ryan then brain and finally down in the corner was Paul.

My peg was about 15feet to the right of the island so first thing i done was set up my box and sat down with a coffe and decided how i wanted to fish.

In the end i decided to set the feeder up with a maggod feeder and a 12" hook length to start with and a size 16 hook, and then with the aim later on into the match to switch over to a groundbait feeder if the maggot feeder was not preducing.

I also set the pole up around 6-8m with a john walker diamond pattern in a .3g .17 powerline tied to a size 16 hook.

So that was me all set up and ready to go! At 10:30 Nick called the all in and i started off by feeding two balls of groundbait on my pole line and i cast the maggot feeder out with double maggot and sat and waited for a bite.

Well i carried on fishing the feeder for the first 20mins with out any action so had a little look on the pole line using a verity of baits such as worm,maggot,6mm and 4mm expander, corn and banded pellet

Could not buy a bite on any bait at all so i then switches the maggot feeder to a ground bait feeder and the same hooklength out it went around 35 - 40 yard and i wait for the ground bait to empty from the feeder twiched it forward a little so the hook bait would go into the gorundbait and had a little knock on the tip a soft strike and i was in to my first fish of the day a roach of around 4oz or so.

From now on i did'nt care if i did'nt catch any thing else as i had 1 so was happy.

I kept switching between the pole and feeder trying to find bites but they were hard to come by.

I then cange the hook link on the feed to one of around 2 feet with the same hook and line. Cast it out and waited twitched it a little and bang a nice indication on the tip struck and i was into my biggest fish of the day a pristene little common caro of around 4lb which i had caught on single red maggot and a section of worm.

I stuck with the feeder for an other hour or so no more bites so back on went the maggot feeder along with a 3foot hooklink with a size 18 hook!

I was fishing single red and filling the feeder up with maggot and searching around the different parts of my swim to look for a few bites! This seamed to work for a little while and i caught about 5 or 6 roach not of any size but was happy as i was catching lol

and that was pritty much it for me match over about 10 mins form the end i snagged up of someones line in the water which had been catch into the tree and in the end trying to free it my line snapped so i just said enough was enough and oacked away

On with the weigh in

We started down on peg 1 with paul who weighed in 2 carp for around 6lb then on to Brian who had a decend carp and a small roach for 5lb 12oz up to ryan who i had a £1 bet on with He weighed in one carp and one bream for 4lb odd, Then Malc weighed in his lonley little gudgeon for 1 oz Jeff gave up after about 2 hours and blanked i weight in 5lb 8oz so had won the £1 bet off Ryan CHEERS Mate ill have another at the Docks , Now onto nick who weighed in 3lb of bits and finally keith's peg he weighed in 10lb ish which was all roach and one small bream for a fine match win

So that was it i had beat nick of the next peg took the £1 side bet of Ryan and finished up 4th on the Day

Thankyou to all who fished for the grate company really enjoyed my slef once again roll on the next match

Cheers Mitch
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Nice report matey Image Image
lol @ "Engine knocked off" money grabber Image Image
mitch_fish

Unread post by mitch_fish »