If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

NFA Division 1 National 2009

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

the turk you missed another good match sod the sun-shine mate Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i must say bill your canals are brilliant the matches are well run but just because i said it was cheap beer and breakfast and come from Leicester there's no need to put them up
and as for the meat and potato pies Image Imagei had to cut my order for the shop down by half Image Image
and one last thing have a word with paul turner i'm sick of walking by good looking pegs  Image Imageplease please lets have a good draw  Image Imagei couldn't even take a photo yesterday as it was that bad Image Image Imagela les surrounded by trees lovely looking bridge hole next but one to him through the bridge featureless Baron and clear canal  Image Imageguess where i was Image Imagethe only feature had in my peg was a lump of sand stone in 3inch of water Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

The ninth practise match before the Div One National attracted exactly 200 to the Staffs-Worcs Canal from Stafford to Penkridge. Roach were hard to come by probably due to the heavy rain. lloydy failed to catch his custmary 8 lb chub but Dave Hughes (Fox Tipton Van den Eynde) did manage to stick his hook into eight chub and four bream for a cracking 31-6-0. Dave drew at the top end of the roadside and caught on chopped worm and caster. Chris Harvey (Trabucco Midlands Van den Eynde) was bust catching big chub from his draw by the green sheds while Woodrot was bust wiping the tears off the left hand side of his new colourful jumper. Jimmy Byrne (Warrington AA) had 17-7-0 of chub from Pretty Bridge while Paul Farquhar or whatever his name is had a cracking 17-3-15 of roach and skimmers from the bottom of the roadside. Paul Ross (Shakespeare) was next with 16-9-12 of chub and skimmers from Pretty Bridge. John Easton (Liverpool AS) was the best off D section with 16-4-4 of bream from the 'stick-ups'. Anthony Marsden (Wigan) was next with 12-7-0 of chub and Mick Millgate was last in the money with 11-13-12 of roach and perch. Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

bill you should name and shame the 17 that didn't turn up  Imagenot only did it cock your payout up we had two very good pegs around us that no one had drawn and that goes for a lot of sections Imagemean while i had to sit on a sh#thole of a peg Image Image

and make sure they pay next time for there pegs Image
Stevie_H

Unread post by Stevie_H »

Bill, Anyone,

Hiya all, please could someone give me the postcode for the draw at Shugborough on Saturday.

Cheers muchly

Steve
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

ST18 0SU

Great Haywood Sports and Social Club.
Stevie_H

Unread post by Stevie_H »

Thanks for that Bill, See you on Saturday morning.

Steve
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Saturday's match on the T&M at Shugborough (H) and Hoo Mill (J) saw 153 compete. The venue fished very well and happily is still improving.
as expected the carp had a chomp at Shugborough but it was only the tiny ones that featured.
Ritchie Hull lost 4-3 to the carp but the three he had out, plus a roach and a perch went 29-5-0; his best carp was about 14 lbs. He drew the red bush and fished choppie and caster. Steve Hemingrey (Daiwa Dorking) was second from Hoo Mill with 22-1-4. He caught well on a pole before using a 'borrowed' tip rod to catch lots of rudd, roach and and skimmers from the old boatyard mouth. Leis Breeze (Drennan North West) rolled the red carpet out to catch two carp for 19-7-8. Sean Birchall (Sam's Tackle) had mainly bream in his 16-14-0. John Kershaw (Saints) came next with 14-6-0 of small skimmers and roach from Wheatmans. Tom Fairhurst (Wigan) had one crap for 12-5-8 and I haven't a crappity smack clue what Jon Arthur (Shakespeare) caught in his 11-15-3.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Sunday's match on Penkridge and Acton, 205 fished.

SEVENTEEN doubles were recorded in this match that left many shaking their yeds at the amazing sport that can happen on the Staffs-Worcs.
Some parts were hard but that is the name of the game.
On the plus side Mike Chung (Warrington MG) fished a great match to catch 16 chub to caster from the oak tree on the farm section.
Andy Molyneux and P Walters (both Liverpool AS) were opposite the marina mouth and it was a titanic battle between the two 20-1-4 to 20-0-0. Both had small skimmers, roach and; firstly on the pole then switching to a mini feeder and maggot.
Next came the old boy Pop Keeling (Shakespeare) with 19-4-4 of chub and perch from right opposite the green shed. ( Image). Darryn Taylor (Saints) nobbled 17-15-14 of roach and perch from below the Cross Keys. Fred Cheetham (Team Eclipse) had all roach for 16 -3-0 to punch then hemp and even a few on tares! Eric Gardner (Team Eclipse) had six chub and roach for 14-15-15 and Stuart Burdekin (Fox Match Trentmen) made up the top eight with 14-8-14 from the roadside. I know you are all interested to know but I had ten crappity smack gobies and two crappity smack roach Image Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Unread post by cheslynboy »

May i just take this moment in ime Bill to say..........
I fished three of the practice matches and the running and the team work has been superb Image
It was also nice to meet some of the anglers specially the Liverpool lads who trounced me on the marina mouth ( i missed the peg by one ) Image Image.
I wish all the lads the best of luck on the 8th August and if you are in section A say hi as i'm the marshall there Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

Just been reading a thread on another site on the demise of the nationals, so it's nice to see the turnouts for div 1 plus the standard of the fishing are brilliant this year. Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

just hope its not going to get hammered Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

It's been hammered all wik Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Unread post by cheslynboy »

Bill whats this i just heard got a phone call off my now fellow marshal on A section and you told him i'm on traffic duty Image Image Image
After all those hours i spent buttering up the proffesionals on the practice matches that i fished just to tell them where to park there wheelbarrow Image Image Image
See you at Rodbaston on the 8th Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

It's been hammered all wik Image

What a suprise and they wonder why team fishings knackered ImageDon't anglers want a good match
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Bill, can you book me on for norbury this sunday please Image thanks dodge.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Ok Dodge

Number 261. Image Image Image Image

I'm feeling ill Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer