If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

NFA Division 1 National 2009

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
scrubba

Unread post by scrubba »

Hello All.

I am booked on to fish the practice match at Little Onn this Sat. Any useful advice would be great.

Tight Lines
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Hello All.

I am booked on to fish the practice match at Little Onn this Sat. Any useful advice would be great.

Tight Lines

bill yards will put you right Neil Image

See you found the site ok ;) Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

Hello All.

Tight Lines

The pegs are very varied, come and ask after you've drawn Image
scrubba

Unread post by scrubba »

Thanks for the quick replies gents. See you all there in the morning.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

65 fished first practise match today at Little Onn (E section).
It's painfully obvious that the roach are not 'ready' yet. Bream and skimmers dominated the main list. It was a tough nut to crack but one Nutt did crack it. Mike Nutt (Bridgnorth AS) won with one 2 lb bream and several smaller skimmers for 7-10-8. Image
He was halfway along the long straight, peg 50.
simon_m

Unread post by simon_m »

how was hoo mill
yesterday bill?
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OK,
88 fished yesterday and while it is still a bit early there was some really good sport. Again it is evident that the roach ain't ready yet but. I put 70 pegs on Weston (K section) to gve myself a clearer indication of how to peg it. The pegs in this section should be 25 yards apart in the National, maybe 24 yards if you have a big gut!
I put the other 20 pegs at the downstream end of Hoo Mill.
Result; Ian Hingley (Dudley Bait and Tackle) 15-14-14
one perch well over 3 lb (not weighed, one chub 1lb 8 oz, skimmers to 1 lb 8 oz, bait caster for the big fish, squatt for skimmers; he had two late roach on hemp.
He was at Hoo Mill (J section)
Second, next door was Paul Hughes (Saints) with 12-12-4. He had one bream 2 lb and forty skimmers, all on fluoro pinke.
Third and fourth were tied, both from K section. Terry Nutt (Bridgnorth AS) had a chub nearly 4 lb, plus small chub and big roach on caster. Darren Bolton (Fox Tipton) had all skimmers on squatt, pinkie and maggot, both weighed in 9-12-8. Next was Richard Guest (Fox Tipton) with 9-0-0 of ALL squatt roach ferom Hoo Mill.

I paid sections of 5, the lowest was Keith Hulland with 1-13-8, hasn't he phoned you yet? Some were over 8 lb. In the main you caught roach, proper stampers here for about 45 minutes then it was a case of poking around for fish. As time goes on the roach weights will be much better but the T&M is far more advanced, at this stage, than the S-Worcs or the Shroppie.
There are pegs miles better at Hoo Mill than the ones in last Sunday; it could be a dark horse of a section.
I expect every venue to improve as the weeks go on.
D section should be interesting on Sunday, it fished very well in the Div 3 last year.
70+ booked in already. Image Image Image Image
simon_m

Unread post by simon_m »

nice report bill any idea where you are pegin sunday
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

thought the organisation was spot on weekend Bill, good maps,hardly any empty pegs and the parking for sunday Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

nice report bill any idea where you are pegin sunday

Yeah, I'll put 'em in between the towpath and the cut! Image

Depends on entry; we have 80 odd in the minute.

Deepmore and Roseford will definitely be in.
Also the stretch from the short row of trees back to Stafford.
I would like to peg it (D section) as per National with very wide pegs. It depends really how many Paul can cater for at Acton (C section). Will have more idea on Friday.

We have parking at both ends for Shugborough next Saurday. Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Lloydy, do you want a pie ordering for Sunday?
Rumour has it that Hughesy is coming Image Image Image Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

Lloydy, do you want a pie ordering for Sunday?

2 please Bill, plenty of brown sauce Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

:o :o two lloydy :o :o what about the mars bars Image
Image Imagewatchout i'l be coming loaded with the blo#dy things Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Jonty wants the end peg at Roseford again Image Image Image Image Image 8-)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

It's def going in on Sunday.

That is if my feet don't give way pegging the crappity smack on Saturday night.

It's a long stroll up to there from my pad.

Image Image
scrubba

Unread post by scrubba »

Hi Guys.

Thinking of fishing the practice match on the Staffs-Worcs at Penkridge next Sunday (28th). Any info would be great. Cheers.

Unread post by Guest »

neil d. penkridge match on sunday. your bait list should be 1/2 pint castor , 1/2 kilo dendys, 1/2 pint squatt , 1/4 pint pinkies, 1/4 pint big red maggot 1/2 pint seed. 1 bag of roach noire or equiv dark fine g/bait. the target species will be roach (stamp fish ) skimmers chub gudgeon. if lucky you will be looking for 10lb of silvers to frame or a net of chub. due to a number of locks in the area the canal flows strongly at times , although not very deep average 18" to 3 foot on main lines form 3/4 across to tight over. most people should catch at least 1.3/4 lb . it will get better with time aswell because the silvers are still not ready. hope this breakdown helps. in general a nice bit of canal which on its day can be awesome for alot of people.

Unread post by Guest »

neil d , forgot to mention the "bonksies" ale is top notch aswell mate.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Right here we go; if there any yellow stream taking in this report it is purely intentional.

Last Sunday's match on the Staffs Worcs at Stafford and Acton Trussell saw 119 compete with quite a few Cronies from the site; Lloydy, Dodge, Steve Knowles, Swiv, Motty, Murfin, Swampy, Bill Yards, some I have probably missed and a few regular Guests. Everything was going fine and then in walked the Joffmeister and his Wrappers. It all went quiet, the £1 breakfasts were hidden out of view from this greedy mob, masquerading as match anglers.
Anyway the draw passed and the match was fished.

It is still early yet but there were signs of the roach showing a tad better, especially for the Eclipse lads as they won eight of the sections, mostly with roach scores to over 6 lbs. Anyway I digress and in this unbiased report it was another Eclipse lad, Karl Johansen that won the match with 12-4-8, Karl was baggin and convinced he was on for a big 20 before he had the dreaded phone call from his skipper telling him, in no uncertain terms, to slow down as he didn't want the show the opposition too much! Karl had one chub, one bream and a few skimmers on pieces of fried, diced banana from opposite the skateboard park. Dave 'Ducky' brown (Fox Tipton Van den Eynde) only really bothered in the last hour when he tempted a small chub of 5 lb 12 oz plus an even smaller one and a bream. He was genuinely disgusted at the size of his fish, they only weighed 12 lb and a bit. He caught them on stringy, slightly warmed, innards of Mars Bars. Neil Martin (Drennan North West) is so convinced it is that easy down here he is thinking of buying a second house. He had a farting little chub of 4 lb 12 oz and a few skimmers and roach for 8-5-0, all caught on hai rigged sheeps man balls. Next came the man himself, Rocco (Shakespeare) with three chub and a few bits for 8-5-13. The room went into complete silence when rumours were rife that he might buy a pie out of his £100 winnings, - that's all they were, rumours.
I think the only Croney that won his section was Dodge, he was proudly holding his Mars Bar aloft amongs his throbbing band of supporters.
Joff threatened but the Eclipse lad was ordered to catch a late chub in his section to shut him up and that was that.
Apologies for not including smilies but Dodge and Joff have worn the crappity smack out on their previous posts. Image OK just this one!
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Excellent reading Bill Image Image :D