If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 11 - the difference a dram can make

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well a reduced Cashmores turnout transferred to ‘home waters’, the cut at Pelsall.  Image

Today is the semi final of the knock out. A slip is handed out  - the 4 in the semi are The Wedge, Yamo, The Worminator and BDM. BDM? A surprised look – he thought he’d fallen on one of those carpie venues.  :-/

The named 4 is disputed by Zorro who thinks BDM has stolen his place.   >:(

Onto the draw, The Warburton King, Cotti was chuffed when he drew the golden peg, peg 3, a good area.  Image

Could Roberto on 1 and The Worminator on 2 defend the growing pot by seeing Cotti off.  Image

BDM was on 7, flanked by other cut experts, KOD on 4, Zorro on 8, Yamo on 9, Wedge on 10 and MrV on 11 – all capable of doing some damage.

The off – BDM fed a couple of punch lines, a caster and pinkie line further across and a choppie line across at half past 2.

First put in on the closer punch line. Bite straight away. Missed. Next put another missed bite and a curse.  >:(

3rd put in, float dips and lackie comes out. Decent fish on. One problem. A lot of inside cover stretching out to 3.5 mtrs or more. There’s a clear passage through, well a little gap at 10 oclock. Start steering it that way – catch a glimpse - it’s a dog roach well over the pound mark, might be knocking to. Just need to get him a bit higher up to come over a bit of underwater weed. Put a bit more pressure on. Hook parts – cuss and cuss, first thoughts put too much pressure on and he’s bost me (0.06 rig straight thru). No he aint – the size 20 PR31 has snapped on the bend. Great start – BDM a pound plus down in the first 5 mins whilst news comes that someone is netting a fish further along.   >:(

Well things went from worse to worse in that first hour. Tangle after tangle, trashed rig after trashed rig.  Even had to disgorge a fine wire hook out of the finger, not expecting to get out out cuss it was well in.  >:( >:( >:(

Hissing down for 90% of the match too.  :'(

Spots KOD netting a lump with 10 mins to go. News coming in that Geoff on the basin has had a few skimmers – lets hope that’s the blocker for Cotti.

Whistle blows for end.

Yamo’s owning up to 4 ounce, says Wedgey’s done him with about 7 oz whilst, Zorro thinks he’s got about 12oz. KOD trundles past – he’s got about 2lb. Yep I’ve heard all this crap before………….. ::) :P

Scales come down – Wedgie aint quite got the 7 oz and weighs in 5. Yamo’s been stuffing all his lead shot down his small skimmer and couple of bits cuss the 4 oz turns out to be 15oz summat.

Zorro next to weigh. It’looks close with Yamo. Wedgey’s already out of the final. Zorro’s weight is called…………….one dram less than Yamo.  :'( :'( :'(

With The Worminator doing a couple of lb, Zorro’s bit the dust and missed the final by a dram.

Geoffs already weighed in and walked it with 8lb of skimmers.  Image

There’s another dramming to come as KOD’s last gasp tench drams the BDM. Will that point prove costly at the top of the leader board. Only time will tell.

Result

1. Geoff Cashmore  8 – 12 – 0 off peg 12
2. KOD 3 – 6- 4 off peg 4
3. BDM 3 – 5 – 14 off peg 7
4. The Worminator 2 – 10 – 0 off peg 2
5. MrV 2 – 8 – 6 off peg 11
6. Roberto Dougliss 1 – 7 – 8 off peg 1

The Warburton King blowed the golden peg, with 1lb 5, although he did wind up BDM by pretending that he’d dumped 5 – 10 – 0 on the scales.  Image

Others

Heinzer did just over 1lb, MGB 12oz.

HaHa and Golden Balls both did sweet FA as no shows.  

Ah well…………onto another carpie puddle next - Isaac Walton's. Got to go now to tie some more 2lb rigs up for that.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Good report TK and thats quite a win Geoff had there.  Image
Sounds like your day matched my day today. Report to come  Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Re: Knockout.
Just to put the record straight, Bro' Mick had indeed made a mistake regarding TK's inclusion in the KO.
It was of course Mr. J. senior as the 4th contender, who having had his hopes raised by the confirmation, had them cruelly dashed by his ever loving offspring who beat him by 1 dram. Wonderfull stuff!
Mick opologises for his error.
MGB

Correction TK, The Wedge did put exactly 7 ozs on the scales. at last, a man who can correctly predict his weight. Take note TK!!!!!
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

My approach to canals now is much more different, having had a chat with mr v, i realise many mistakes i have been making, we will have to see if it makes any difference.thanks mr v Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Last time I tell you anything MrV >:(

;) ;) ;)

heinzer
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by heinzer »

Well done to Geoff he followed my instructions to the letter for the team, the peg he drew is a known bream peg, as a team member I was only to glad to pass on some usefull info, that 8 lb could be decisive at the final weighin,well done Wedgie I know it was hard work but at least you fished and put fish on the scales
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

My approach to canals now is much more different, having had a chat with mr v, i realise many mistakes i have been making, we will have to see if it makes any difference[highlight].thanks mr v [/highlight] Image

No probs mate. Only too happy to help, although I may have told you a different story if we still had 3 canal matches to go :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hope you realise I've now got to cancel the couple of scheduled matches on the Curley Wyrley next year MrV after dishing out the trade secrets.

Looks like its a couple on the Gloucester cut then.............it might just be a bit different that to the W&E   :D :D :D

And a couple on Ferts cut  Image
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Well done to Geoff he followed my instructions to the letter for the team, the peg he drew is a known bream peg, as a team member I was only to glad to pass on some usefull info, that 8 lb could be decisive at the final weighin,[highlight]well done Wedgie I know it was hard work but at least you fished and put fish on the
scales  
[/highlight]

Thats fishin!
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

[highlight]Looks like its a couple on the Gloucester cut then.............it might just be a bit different that to the W&E   :D :D :D [/highlight]

Now you are talking. The Gloucester canal is a place worth visiting. Suit all styles, a silvers, shoals of Bream, Pole, tip, slider. Now that would sort the men from the boys  Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Are we talking Gloucester-Sharpness canal here? If so, great, lots of boats. Tell me in advance if KOD is going so I can go out and by some shares in Vaseline He'll need gallons of the stuff!!
MGB
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Are we talking Gloucester-Sharpness canal here? If so, great, lots of boats. Tell me in advance if KOD is going so I can go out and by some shares in Vaseline He'll need gallons of the stuff!!
MGB

Image Image Image have too see if you can buy it by the bucket!! :D :D :D