If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Club Matches 2009 Comments

Marsh Upcoming Matches.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Sorry al but you are only the weekend labourer, this is a midweek day out and thats Tony's Job.

But you can be the Midweek labourers apprentice if you want. Image
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Al - yep its only right I should help me grandfather carry his gear.
Mind you we will need someone else to pick his false teeth up for him and make sure he's facing the lake before he casts out.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Dave,

I definitely think you will need to check out Blind Lane personally as the two recent forum posters don't seem too happy -these were posted Sept. 08

Mate its a dump, stuffed full of small carp which are battered beyond belief. If the same guy still runs it his a prize Pr@ick, will let anyone fish it regardless of numbers on there or if your using a sea rod with trebles!!

Lets just say after going there on saturday and catching nothing but low 1 & 2lb carp all day i was annoyed pay £10 to fish there. I was even getting screaming runs on my ledger from the roach!!!!

I wont be going back there, and the guy who runs it need a personality transplant, what a miserable bloke!!!
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Well Colin has decided that he wants to go on Tuesday. I will ring you tomorrow Tony. Weather didnt look too bad in the paper this morning however Metcheck makes it look crap.

BBC website says 5 deg with hail showers.
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Morning Dave - Tuesday looks ok ish. Beeb says grey, temp 6, wind 7 west, but frost Mon night. :-/ Anyway where is this place? Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

As Colins son wants to go pike fishing on Tuesday plans now changed to trying blind Lane on Thursday.
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

So did you go to Blind Lane on Thursday, and if so, how did it go?
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

After consulting the Spamwham weather reporting agency we were told there would be a gap in the rain from 10am until 4pm so decided that we would fish on Thursday.

As blind lane is a bit of a trek for Tony we changed plans again and went to Hartleylands with the intention of fishing Woodside pond for a change. After getting there Colin and I went to have a look and decided the pathway was a bit waterlogged for us to struggle up there, so changed plans again when Tony arrived and went up the farm shop. We sat outside under the shelter until the rain stopped enjoying a fresh cooked hot pie and a cup of tea.

We finally fished Nicks on the pegs with the shortest walk 30, 31 and 33 for about 4 hours. Tony had 11 skimmers plus over 100 roach with some perch for around 19lb. I had a 4lb carp and some better roach for 15lb with Colin on a similar weight with 2 carp 3lb and 6lb plus smaller roach. Seeing as it was mine and Colins first time out for about 7weeks we were quite happy with that.

Blind Lane is still on the agenda when we get a gap in the cold wet weather.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

I have received a request form a couple of anglers in Stafford to be allowed to come as guests on a Colemans match.

It looks like that could be a well attended match with anglers travelling from Reading, Milton Keynes, Tamworth near Birmingham, Stafford, Esher and Hastings to the deepest darkest depths of Essex.
Its either the reputation of Colemans or the reputation of Marsh AC thats attracting them, or could it be the £10 maximum pools prize thats doing it ? Image Image
al
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by al »

dave did you tell them about the initiation ceremony for fishing with marsh for the first time :D :D :D :D :D
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Which one, the one where they have to carry my gear to the peg or the secret one?