If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller Match 3 Results

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Simple »

TK asked me to pen this in..

Everyone caught fish  Image
There were 3 weights over 5lb  Image
I am not allowed to draw for TK ever again  Image
Good turnout too.

Will add my pictures after TK posts the results  Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Simple »

I took some pictures, You can view them here.....

http://yaleac.si-lad.com/gallery/main.p ... temId=1916

:)
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by cheslynboy »

Nice pics Simple Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Dave C »

Simple turns speciman hunter. ;) Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by YAMO »

thought id done well but was nowhere in the end, must have had 60+ fish, but nothing of any size. it fished well to be fair nice to see all those roach
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice photo's si Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by TK »

Ta for putting the pickies in the gallery Simps Image

I'll post the results shortly
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by TK »

Although I was on a jollie in the week leading up to this match, I continued to be reminded of the ‘interest’ in this fixture as the phone continued to ring with a number of requests for a supply of the now ‘infamous’ dreaded bait………(well infamous and dreaded by a vocal minority within the Cashmores circle) which I couldn’t accommodate because of a combination of the ‘orders’ being too late to process, plus ‘difficulties’ in picking them up on Fri evening from you know who. ;)

In fact, I was quite surprised as to some of the members who were looking to secure this bait, not individuals I might normally associate ‘with it’. Image

The dog and bone also rang with also some concern and discussion as to how the venue would fish………..I’m the first to admit we’ve had a grueller or two down on the common………..but there again we tend to fish it in inclement conditions – as a replacement venue after flooded river conditions, during gales etc……plus I think many forget about the decent matches we’ve had on there – a number of these matches being BEFORE the club secured the fishing rights to the canal, and when we used to pay peg fees to the then controlling club.

And finally news of the infamous grueller series had obviously spread far and wide, with telephone requests for places for further ‘new faces’………..never of problem on the cut, plus the ‘new faces’ would I was sure at least replace the expected stay away deserter or two for this one…………… Image

Anyway I digress………….

Armed with ¼ pint of both mixed pinkie, red squat and caster from Cotti who duly picked up my bait for me – Ta Cotti Image - along with a bag of punch and a slice of bread, plus a couple of lobs I was quite looking forward to this one. No w&j today to ‘confuse’ me………just wanted to see what ‘traditional baits’ would produce for me on the day.

Arrived fairly early to suss it out…………would it be too windy and a late change to the Extension be the order of the day?

Well there was a ‘fair’ ripple on it, but a walk along the two sections either side of the walk over bridge and I was quite happy, at that moment in time, to fish any peg………….although I really fancied 2 – 12 which carried more colour than the other side. Peg 1 was excluded as a season ticket holder was already in the process of setting up there.

In fact by the time I returned with the pegs, a further positive vibe was that he’d had 4 roach on the big mag and wag. Image

Draw time…………..17 hardy souls had turned out, although Goughy had had to shoot back home as he’d forgot his punch. :D

Down to the last 3 pegs in the bag, nos 6, 9 & 17……………’come on Simps, draw for me, pull me either 6 or 9.’ Simps dips in for me……………..ta mate…………pulls me out 17. Image

Now whilst I fully expected to have a few off the peg – Cotti raves about it in ‘practise’ but to see the best off it you have to fish right over to it according to him – it was a bit blowy, plus I was going to do ‘battle’ against cut crack Dave Berrow on 16………..who was armed with a ruck load of joker. Image

In fairness to Dave, before the off he did offer me a pack of his best, but despite being tempted, I decided to stick to my guns and give that punch a go……….

The off. ‘Short’ and ‘long’ punch lines fed. Slop BM with some squat and a few caster fed hard across on top of the shelf against the reeds………still a decent depth across there – about 2 ½ ft.

First put in a blade off the long punch line. Lets try the short line. Same result………..in fact it was a bite a chuck for the first 40 mins or so off that line before it was time to ‘refeed’ and try to regroup the fish. Had a pike gone through the line as bites hadn’t tailed off, but suddenly just ceased ? Budgie on the end peg to my left had reported he’d had one strike at one of his fish. Dave B to the right also suspected ‘predator’ problems as his catch rate tailed off too. Image

At this stage things were going to plan……….apart from the bites drying up that is. I’d probably held my own against Dave B, in fact probably got my nose in front with the help of a bonus 8 oz skimmer………but that was the end of any hopes I had of ‘glory’.

The next 3 hours fled as I chopped and changed lines trying to buy a bite………..another couple of punch fish for a combined ounce or two that’s all, whilst Dave B regrouped his fish and continued to blow me away.

Down at the other ‘end’ of our section Simps was the man in view to beat………..a 3lb plus tinca plus a reported 1lb plus perch. 8-)

News filtered down of a further two tincas putting in an appearance………..so with D B blowing me away it was a case of sit on the caster and chop for the last hour or so, in a last ditch attempt to play ‘catch up’ but all that was in vain as only a couple of small stripeys put in an appearance. :'(

The whistle and the 4 hours have fled by…………….

PEG
2 BRAD BERROW 4.11.3
3 SHARK 1.6.0
4 ZORRO 2.0.11
5 GERRY 6.7.0
6 GOUGHY 1.0.7
7 COTTI 2.14.5
8 TWINK 2.7.5
9 KOD 0.12.7
10 BRAMBLES 0.5.10
11 TIGERBAY 0.10.10
12 PHIL B 1.3.9
13 SIMPLE SIMON 5.3.8
14 YAMO 1.11.8
15 COLIN 1.12.5
16 DAVE BERROW 6.2.11
17 TK 2.9.3
18 BUDGIE 1.1.0

Well I’ve had a pasting off the next peg, but have continued to learn a thing or two……….my education never ceases.

On a personal footnote I really enjoyed the day, and felt I fished a relatively ‘tidy’ match and had some good banter before and after the match. Image

What was also pleasing was the result………not too bad for a 4 hour match, no DNWs, plenty of ‘small’ roach showing that they continue to to breed which augurs well for the future.

And it just goes to show what a decent angler can do on the water in reasonable conditions………….

One last question though…………the wind got up during the match and made presentation extremely difficult on my long line, the pole whipping round in the gusts.
Just why oh why, 15 mins after the all out whistle was the cut like a mill pond………………… Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by TK »

Gerry L continues his stranglehold on the series to date and Simps also makes his charge up the table

The table to date

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 TOTAL
GERRY 28 29 30 87
ZORRO   30 25 23 78
TK - BDM   26 21 25 72
COTTI   18 27 26 71
SIMPLE SIMON 15 22 28 65
BUDGIE 25 18 18 61
YAMO     5 30 21 56
KOD     19 19 16 54
THE SHARK 29 5 20 54
BIG COL 26 22 48
HAHA   24 24 48
TWINK 23 24 47
BRAMBLES 17 5 14 36
PHIL B   12 5 19 36
TIGERBAY 20 15 35
DAVE BERROW 30 30
VESTE 28 28
DAYLEWLIA 27 27
BRAD BERROW 27 27
HEINZER 20 5 25
MILLIE 23 23
GEZ 22 22
IAN H 21 21
HARRY HITMAN 16 5 21
LARRY TEEPOT 14 14
JONAH 13 13
BALL IT IN BAKER 5 5
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice report Tk ImageNice to see everybody catching Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Simple »

I started on the punch 15 mins after the whistle as I was talking to Budgie and lost track of time. TK blew the all in while I was still yapping.
I watched bezza bagging up on the B&J and thought I best get a move on.
The punch would not go for me, I gave it 30 mins and then changed on to fluro pinkie. Had a bite right away, result was a small blade.
I had another 5 or 6 blades and re-fed the line.
Next put in had a bite but instead of a blade shooting out the water my lakky streamed off towards the far bank and then down to visit Phil B on my right. I got it in front of me and it topped...Tinca Image 5 mins later it was in the net. I was quite pleased and Yamo commented on how lucky I was :D :D
Next put in I had a small perch and then things dried right up Image Image 20 mins later Another beastie on, the result this time was a nice perch. I had the perch on a fluro pinkie and red squat.

Hoping for another perch but it never came so I went back to just the pinkie and carried on catching blades, a few more small perch and a couple of tiny skimmers.

Like TK said, as soon as we started weighing in the wind dropped and left the cut like a mill pond. Crazy.

Great match again. Thanks TK Image Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by MarkV »

Although I bombed completely, it fished much much better than I expected. Cracking weights really.

After the last match we fished there, which was my only experience of it, when we were virtually blown off it in a gale with DNW's all over the place, all the pre-match talk of wind & knowing how open it is, YAMO's report last week of just one blade even with w&J, other good anglers blanking as well, plus him smashing a couple of pole sections with the wind t'boot...
you could say... I wasnt very optomistic LOL.

But on the day it produces. I'll never understand this fishing lark.  Image  Talk about unpredicatable lol.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Dodge »

Nice one fellas Image Image

Great read TK ;) Nice photies Simps Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Simple »

Nice photies Simps
Surprising how good they turn out off my camera phone.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by MrV »

Looks like you had a decent day lads. Whats all this with the cashmores crew using the little red men  Image

Having looked at the photos, I noticed a couple of "eye openers"
1. Dave Bez wearing a West Ham cap LOL  :-/
2. Twink was wearing that blue lumberjack jacket when I first met him in 1979!!! Ask him if he still has his inflatable yellow moon boots ?  :-/
GFFC

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by GFFC »

Tone next match gotta miss
A. wolves r on telly
b. gotta work early doors
c. misses gotta spend it as quick can earn it
Image >:( :(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by TK »

Ta Gez for letting me know Image
A.wolves r on telly

Image Image Image

You a masochist or summat............watching that's gotta be worse than fishing a TK Image grueller :P ;)
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by Drynet »

Ta Gez for letting me know   Image
A.wolves r on telly

Image Image Image

You a masochist or summat............watching that's gotta be worse than fishing a  TK  Image grueller  :P  ;)

Imagemissing fishing for footy Image Image Image Image
GFFC

Grueller Match 3 Results

Unread post by GFFC »

just a little unsure :-/