If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

The Wedge walks on water..............

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

.........you just can't afford to give The Wedge a sniff at a half decent peg cuss he'll do what he's done all season................

...........tan us Image

Well done The Wedge - as well as draw em you've got to make em produce and you've certainly done that all season, leaving us in your wake

Well what a day - another tale of two pools, or rather one side of the horseshoe and the other side.

It's the first commercial I've fished that at this time of the year you can't buy a bite on a maggot Image Image Image

The action was that fast (sic) it was all a blur as I sat amongst 4 dry nets - two either side of me and another just opposite.

Todays result has certainly shook the board up, leaving The Wedge just needing to canter over the line to a debut title, despite his pretence at not looking forward to the final two matches which are both on rivers. Bet Wedgey's even had some secret coaching of John Allerton - probably wont need it anyway - we're bound to be flooded off again Image

Well off the top of my head

1.The Wedge - 35lb summat
2. Heinzer - 12lb odd
4. MrV 10lb odd

Others - but aint got a clue where we finished (apart from down the pan)

The Worminator 2lb odd
BDM 1lb 1oz
Yamo 6oz

KOD, Zorro, Veste, Lasher and Big Geoff all were dry (that's all in my vision) Don't think there was any dry's on the other half but I could be mistaken

RIP Commercials
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

well done Yamo...

1.5 ounces per pint of casters.

Get on the river...
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I can't wait Chockie Monster............lets hope we don't have another deluge in 2.5 weeks time
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Well done again Mr Wedge Image
I bet TK don't book as many commercials next year :P
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well done The Wedge. Another quality performance to blitz the opposition. I thing Dave opposite you would have given you a run for your money if he hadnt been in such a "fish friendly" mood. :-/
I dont do many commercials, and I thought "Charlies Pool" (wherever that was), was crap, but this is certainly the worst fishery for weights I have ever been on. To see decent anglers like Zorro, Geoff, KOD all dry was a shocker. Image
Yamo got me out of jail with something he said to me before the all in "It will be interesting to see if you can sort out any of the big bream in here Mr.V, they run to 5lb plus".
2 hours in his words were running through my brain and with just 5 small perch, and on hand sized skimmer to show, I decided to set my stall out for the Bream. Image
In went 3 big pots of choppie and caster. Leave it alone for half an hour, first put in on a full lobby and out came a 2 pounder Image
Nothing then for another half hour, then 2 in 2 puts about 3.5lb apiece Image Image Cheers Yamo Image
Quiet end to the match, apart from fighting off the maggots crawling all over me after the little un shook the water off my brolly straight into 2 pints of unused maggots Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

i would agree mr v, by far the worst match ive fished ever, and another crap day following on confusion about rules and regulations. How the fishery manager can say paste isnt allowed and then give micky baker a secret ball to try out is just scandalous. fair play to mick for being open about this. 8am draw again? couldnt see any reason for that

ss - hope he does book as many commercials cos for one, that's what the members want judging by the attendance and bank talk,and for two we can't judge commercials on the past 2 mtaches, we've had some fantastic matches this season and last on venues like woodcote,hawford bridge, horns,misterton hall lutterworth etc etc
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

we can't judge commercials on the past 2 mtaches,

We've had loads of crap matches on commercials in the past............

Heronbrook
Jam factory
Pool Hall
Bonehill Mill
Kingswell
Wassell Grove
Curborough
Lannies Lagoon
Mucky Meadow
Furnace Pool
Church Pool
Waterygate
Chubbs
Lakeside
Astwood
Riddings

to mention a few

My definition of a match is a 'competition' or a 'contest'.............the commercials we are seeing are turning our matches into non events for half the field time after time
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Cheers guys. must agree, poor fishery but some nice fish (when you can find them). caught 2 in the first 45 mins then nothing. in the end only 5 fish but big ones. lost 2 and had 1 perch on maggot. like I said in the week pellets attract the bigger fish, fed 2 pints of them, 4 tins of corn and tin of meat fishing meat and corn on the hook. you need to feed well cus those carp can't half scoff.
think heinzer must have lost about 50lb of carp from under the trees, he was so frustrated, unlucky mate you deserved better luck than you had cus you certainly done the job of keeping them there to hook them.
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

P.S. I am looking forward to the river matches but i've only fished 1 river (last year and it was flooded :() since I was a lad (some years ago) so it's going to be a chuck it and chance for me, unless anyone has some useful info they want to share. Image ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

We'll put you straight Wedgey..............don't fear. That's what club fishing is supposed to be all about Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

From what ive seen wedgy .. 90 per cent chuck it and chance it on a river lol !

Out come the maggots feeders and plop... or is it BOSH !

Having said that they whack me sometimes, does my 'ed in  :'(

I always think, if half the lads or more ( in my club anyway) are just chucking the feeder, i've got to do something different, cos I cant seem to put clear water between me and them if I join the feeder ranks, which I sometimes resort to.

Luckily I learnt to fish the stick float ( some would say i'm dreamin ' :o) ) in ye olde days. When maggots were gentles and casters 3 groats a gallon.

Nowadays i'm on me lonesome, cutting a lone path through the undergrowth with me machete and stingers up to me earoles.  Still I love it really ;o).

One day they'll find me body as a skeleton, unless the floods wash me away first and Lord Lucan will have nothing on me.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Heronbrook
Jam factory
Pool Hall
Bonehill Mill
Kingswell
Wassell Grove
Curborough
Lannies Lagoon
Mucky Meadow
Furnace Pool
Church Pool
Waterygate
Chubbs
Lakeside
Astwood
Riddings

to mention a few

My definition of a match is a 'competition' or a 'contest'.............the commercials we are seeing are turning our matches into non events for half the field time after time

Are you sure its the venues and not you lot.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Heronbrook
Jam factory
Pool Hall
Bonehill Mill
Kingswell
Wassell Grove
Curborough
Lannies Lagoon
Mucky Meadow
Furnace Pool
Church Pool
Waterygate
Chubbs
Lakeside
Astwood
Riddings

to mention a few

TK pull the other one ;), you use the word we've had loads of crap matches, when in fact you should be using the words matches i havent enjoyed and have not produced, 5 of the venues mentioned above ive won and on 2 of them i broke the then match records. I think you have to look at this situation from a collective standpoint and not a personal one. I think sometimes you are harsh on yourself as well, some of those venues you have booked have been great and just think of the venues we've had that have been a great success that you aint mentioned. i know you aint a big commerical fan and i agree some of the rules and regulations have been nothing short of a disgrace, but we must all understand that many of these venues are being fished by clubs with 8 -15 members max, when we turn up with 20-25 members it is a different ball game completely. We must also remember that many of these matches are held in afternnoons and big weights appear then not on morning matches.

Im trying to be constructive cos commercial fisheries or carp fisheries or whatever we call em are important. In future it might be worth booking commercial venues we know that do produce like the horns, msiterton, hawford bridge(brill),woodcote cos they are tried and tested,and dont hold any complications. Would be interesting to hear what you think on this? i for one wouldnt mind paying £6/£7 a peg,zorro agrees, afterall how much do we spend on bait these days??????????????
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I use the term crap matches based on the range of results - they were crap as they were either rock hard or 75% plus of the members left disappointed with their day.

I've also won once or twice too on the waters I refer to above - still doesn't alter my view that they were 'poor' matches. Having said that there's a few on the list that I'd still be happy to visit again.................bet some members wouldn't............and some I'll give a wide berth too.

Yep you broke the club record at Chubbs this year but it was a poor match with DNWs recorded. Similarly to the couple of other times I've seen the club record go - 1 person bags whilst 50% or more struggle to do more than a couple of pound.

I deliberately excluded the pools you mention in my list as they have appeared the more 'fairer' and more consistent venues, although they might not produce 100lb bags. Eg Misterton the classic example - only about 26lb won (Hotlips), but most people did double figures with plenty of bites from small tench and crucians........and it was a nice place to boot

But these places tend to be few and far between............

I could take exception with Hawford - not only aint it a cheap place - it specifically states on the match permit - please ask your members not to fish on after the match as they will be charged for a day ticket. What have we just paid for? A 5 hour ticket that costs the same as a 12 hour day ticket, but they want to charge again. It's that sort of attitude with fisheries that rankles me...........so it just doesn't get my recommendation to any other clubs seeking alternatives venues to book.
(Plus we had a poor turnout that day so Lasher directed us to leave out the one bank as those pegs have never produced before in his club matches - so it could have been a different story for some poor members a) if we didn't know that, or b) a full complement turned up) Plus 25 pegs on a pool, all 5 yards apart..........Veste kept leaning over and pinching my sarnies out of my coat pocket.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Heronbrook
Jam factory
Pool Hall
Bonehill Mill
Kingswell
Wassell Grove
Curborough
Lannies Lagoon
Mucky Meadow
Furnace Pool
Church Pool
Waterygate
Chubbs
Lakeside
Astwood
Riddings

to mention a few

Are you sure its the venues and not you lot.

The Chockie Munster has never faced the full wrath of the Cashmores Curse that kicks in on most of our matches Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

I use the term crap matches based on the range of results - they were crap as they were either rock hard or 75% plus of the members left disappointed with their day.

I've also won once or twice too on the waters I refer to above - still doesn't alter my view that they were 'poor' matches. Having said that there's a few on the list that I'd still be happy to visit again.................bet some members wouldn't............and some I'll give a wide berth too.

Yep you broke the club record at Chubbs this year but it was a poor match with DNWs recorded. Similarly to the couple of other times I've seen the club record go -[highlight] 1 person bags whilst 50% or more struggle to do more than a couple of pound.[/highlight]I deliberately excluded the pools you mention in my list as they have appeared the more 'fairer' and more consistent venues, although they might not produce 100lb bags. Eg Misterton the classic example - only about 26lb won (Hotlips), but most people did double figures with plenty of bites from small tench and crucians........and it was a nice place to boot

But these places tend to be few and far between............

[highlight]I could take exception with Hawford - not only aint it a cheap place [/highlight]- it specifically states on the match permit - please ask your members not to fish on after the match as they will be charged for a day ticket. What have we just paid for? A 5 hour ticket that costs the same as a 12 hour day ticket, but they want to charge again. It's that sort of attitude with fisheries that rankles me...........so it just doesn't get my recommendation to any other clubs seeking alternatives venues to book.
(Plus we had a poor turnout that day so Lasher directed us to leave out the one bank as those pegs have never produced before in his club matches - so it could have been a different story for some poor members a) if we didn't know that, or b) a full complement turned up) Plus 25 pegs on a pool, all 5 yards apart..........Veste kept leaning over and pinching my sarnies out of my coat pocket.

. Without doubt the best venue we had this season in terms of weight and everyone catching fish. remember it was a monsoon all day, how many people stay afterwards anyway? ive seen mick and kev stay once or twice if that and that was only because the venues had fished poorly earlier that day. . . .i personally would like to fish this venue again with cashmores
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Whichever way we look at the situation regarding Match venues, I would like to say a big Thanks to the lads who book the matches, wherever they are, and the likes of KOD, Robbie Douglas, Heinzer and Barry who make life easier for me by taking on the roles they do such as pegging out, producing result sheets etc.. Image
In the end all I have to do is turn up and fish, and without a doubt it is these stalwarts who keep clubs like Cashmores popular with members, and take the c**p when we feel like a whinge or two Image
Keep up the good work lads, book wherever you want to, and I will see you there. Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

This year Mr V I have taken over the role of Treasurer for a small club, really only because no one else wanted to do it. They raise a fair bit of money in various ways here and there to help the club along.

I've never had an 'official' role in a club before. You'd think there isnt much to it, and while there isnt really, when you have other things to do , it seems like you're always having to pop down the bank, and at the end of the year i'll have to make up a set of accounts and have them scrutinsed by the members.

What I do is absolutely nothing compared to the secretary. in this case he Books venues, sends off the money(just asks me for cheques) deals with queries, pegs out most of the venues, produces results etc. etc etc.

The amount of work required has really opened my eyes. All i've ever done before is turn up before.

When I think of some of the petty whinging and complaints i've heard over the years, I can hardly believe it now. If only people stopped to think what a few people put in, so others can fish, maybe they'd show more understanding, after all, it's not a perfect world.

I'll say again, it's really opened my eyes and made me think. Good post Mr V.
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Good post Tigerbay. I couldn't agree more. When I first joined Cashmores all those years ago, one person was the secretary, a certain Mr Vic Priest, and he did absolutely everything single handed, match booking, result sheets, treasurer, trophies etc. etc. and that was at a time when the club boasted 44 members. Only now when one takes on some of the duties do you realize just how much work that guy had to do for the benefit of the members. Good on yer Vic, I hope you are still around.
As Cashmores evolved It became obvious that no one wanted to take on all the work single handed anymore so bit by bit the seperate jobs became allocated to different members on a voluntary basis so that as many members as possible were involved in the running of the club. It has worked well for many years but it is still hard come the AGM to get anyone to take on the jobs should the position become vacant.
Thanks Mr V for your comments also. Much apreciated.
MGB
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

It aint no big deal.... :'(

Bit of paperwork to sort out every now and again...your all making it sound like its time consuming and hard work. Image