If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Orchard Place Farm Lake 6, 9th May 2021

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Orchard Place Farm Lake 6, 9th May 2021

Unread post by Spamwham »

Just eight fished today, braving the elements again. It started very wet - nothing like setting up in this - and then blew a gale; thankfully at least the rain had stopped by then. All this made for really tricky presentation with waves and loads of tow. For this reason most of us ended up in the margins before long, where thankfully the fishing turned out to be reasonably ok, if a little patchy.
We were on the spit as usual, with pegs 5 & 6 on the favoured end corners, and 3 down each side positioned so everyone had an island to go for if they chose to. Todays winner was Clive with 112lb - thats two on the trot, well done fella - with yours truly next with 96lb and Terry 3rd with 71lb.

Result:
1. Clive peg 6, 117-12lb
2. Tony R peg 7, 96-08lb
3. Terry peg 3, 71-12lb
4. Simon peg 5, 67-00lb
5. Jim peg 8, 51-12lb
6. Gino peg 2, 49-12lb
7. Chris W peg 9, 43-00lb
8. Dave peg 1, 17-04lb
(Spare a thought for Mr C who with his health playing up, only managed to fish about half the match).

Sections: 1-5 Terry £12, 6-9 Clive £12. Funds carried forward to next match.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Orchard Place Farm Lake 6, 9th May 2021

Unread post by Tel »

Very happy for you if you had a margin :rage :) , right hand side was the aerator going full blast, left hand side had a big tree branch in the water at 2+1 and the wind and tow just blew anything towards it even fishing overdepth, only had one fish from the margin all day.
Well done Clive.
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Glad you guys had a reasonable match at last. Well done Clive and Tony in such adverse conditions.

Dave, take care of yourself.

I feel it every day, waking up not able to walk far, aches and pains in both shoulders and arms and legs, out of breath all the time. Not good news in the middle of a pandemic. I have had odd day outs but going to places where I can park close to a peg or its a very short walk.

I still cannot get my mojo back into matches and not fished one since last year with Marsh. I am going to Viaduct later this year and will assess matches afterwards. So you may or may not see me for a while. I will keep an eye on whats going on with the club and wish you all the very best if I do not make it to a match.

Best regards to all.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Keith

Sorry to hear you are bad mate, always willing to help with your kit if you make it out onto the bank mate, stay safe and if you need anything let us know. :tiphat
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Keith,
really sorry to hear this mate. Hope you've had all the check-ups/tests etc. Really hope you start feeling better; or even just a few good days to start with. If you cant make it to the matches, maybe I'll try and come up your way and we can struggle to the bank together for a bit of sport. In the meantime try and do everything possible to keep your spirits up. Message or call anytime.
Cheers
Tony
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Same sentiments Keith, you’re a big miss on the bank and I hope things improve for you, you are too good an angler to be lost to match fishing of any level. All the best and any help of any kind let me know 🧡
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

I'll second all of that