If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Club fees 2020

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Club fees 2020

Unread post by Dave C »

My original post got deleted so here it is again.

Having reviewed income and expenses for last year we made a small loss of £17, mainly due to buying the new weighing bucket.

For next year some prices have gone up plus I have booked whole lakes on a couple of them, so to cover that I intend to keep the annual fee at £40 but raise the match fee by £1 to £7. Also to make collecting the money easier I propose to raise the pools to £3 making the total amount for each match a nice round £10.

Should anyone want to run an additional optional pool feel free to do so.

Any comments welcome
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Re: Club fees 2020

Unread post by joshdon »

Sounds good Mr C! :thumsup

I’m happy to run a £5 Super Pool paying dependant on number of takers - it’ll all end up in Chris’s pocket with the pegs he draws but still a bit of fun! :joy
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Personally I'm not so keen on the unneccessary complication of extra pools. If people want to have side bets eg the Milton Keynes nugget - great, but lets not forget our main objective is to enjoy a days fishing in good company with a bit of banter and friendly rivalry. I believe thats one of the reasons our club has lasted so well. We have a nice even payout. Yes its very modest (even with a 50% increase to £3), but I think thats the whole point. :tiphat
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Dave

No problem with the club fees. :tiphat :thumsup :tiphat
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

My personal opinion regarding pools money would be to raise the pools money to £5 and payout 1st and 2nd in section, thus spreading some money back to more.

I have muted the idea of " superpools" before and there was very little take up on this subject, so as Tony has already stated perhaps it is a non starter. We shall see.

However I would still like to see things like pairs matches, knock outs and the like to get a bit of interest and banter flowing amongst us.
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Fair comment Keith. Always worth exploring new ways to add a little extra interest.
I think the pairs idea has some mileage - although its very difficult to make it work as a season long pairing, because as we see every year, members miss varying numbers of matches each season, so you lose the continuity of your pair and its becomes difficult to keep a meaningful 'score'. One possibility tho is we could designate say one or two matches as purely pairs matches - so you draw a partner for that day and only payout 1st 2nd and poss 3rd pairs for something a bit different.
They used to run a knock out alongside the Rolfs Jinx series - although if I'm honest it didn't really get the juices flowing. It only really becomes intersting if you're one of the fortunate ones to survive several rounds and your'e down to the last 4 or 2. Of course by that stage most people have been knocked out so they've already lost interest.
Apologies if I'm sounding a bit negative, I dont mean to, but for me, any add-ons need to have interest for every member every match. Eg £1 in for golden peg, or guess the winning weight. You might say these are a bit naff but they have the merit of being easy to administer & payout and everyone's in with the same chance.
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Hi Tony

Thanks again for the feedback,

I think we have had this discussion before regarding interest. It is hard to keep any form of interest when there is very little communication from the membership. It is the same old people looking for change and coming up with ideas. Each year the dynamics of the club change, the competitive edge increased last year with Chris, Josh, Mark, Simon and myself. You can feel it at the draw and throughout the weigh ins.Perhaps this is the time to encourage change.

I am really not bothered either way, I will try my best to win every match I fish and I am sure there will be a few others doing the same. The money does not come into it for me whether it is for £8 or £80. My priority is Mick's Nugget, anything else is a bonus.

There is also the argument that if its not broken why fix it, but how will we know if they do not open up.

PS I did not take it as a negative.
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

Dave that's fine by me mate as for the rest i only come for the fishing and the bants from the guys and picking up as many tips as I can :thumsup
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

I may be totally wrong but I'd expect there will be a couple of takers for an optional £5 super-pool, and I would assume it wouldn't bother anyone not involved with it being purely optional. The intention is just to offer a bit of extra competition and fun for those who fancy a dabble... happy to play it by ear at Arrans and go from there! :thumsup

I think adding the pairs aspect would be great - I think if this is done purely on total weight it shouldn't take a lot of planning, maybe just across a few of the more attended matches and allow for 1 weight from each person to be dropped to work around the problem of people not being able to attend all matches. I'd probably say the below would be good fun as a possible mix of silvers, F1 & carp and spread evenly across the season... again happy to go with the flow :)

Draft Pairs Matches
4th April Arrans lake
16th May Southend Farm pegs 16 to 33
20th June Puddledock Snake
1st August Blind Lane
19th September Orchard Farm lake 6