If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Team Image........was that the name then though?

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
lerc9151
Personal Text: 35Kg of roach and still lost

Unread post by lerc9151 »

following on the story from No Carp Please, can`t really remember what happened to Team Image in the nineties, they were still going around 1997 as they fished the Oxford winter league for a couple of years. I think they called it a day soon after, as Polly had already left to join Essex County and the remaining anglers just drifted apart. There was some connection with Mark Hoye and Kevin Stack who seemed to own Image angling products and Future fishing tackle. Polly worked for them for a while as a rep.
The current Team Image squad was formed around 2001 by former members of Trevs Browning, (who had disbanded in 2000 after getting fed up with the travelling to Oxford, summer and winter).
Some of the founder "new" team image anglers were Graham Dack, Johnny Weeden, Mark Hoye, Graham Smith, Lee Newson and Graham West. They had a couple of good hits in their first few years, winning a winter league semi on the K & A, finishing 3rd in the winter league final on the Nene and also coming 2nd in a canal national in the midlands.
I joined in 2004 and have been team captain for about the last 4 years. Many of the original "new" team image anglers have left, such as:
Dacky
Graham Smith
Jimmy Wilson
Billy Reynolds
Alan Reynolds
William Reynolds
Andy Gregory
Graham West
Lee Newson

However we have also recruited some top class replacements such as Gary Miller, Andy Mead, Steve Tyler, Simon Colclough, Danny Grimsey and Chris V to name just a few. Also got some up and coming youngsters, so we`re hopeful for the future.

Unfortunately team fishing looks to be a dying art due to a number of factors, however we`re still fishing and enjoying ourselves competing in the national, winter league, southern canal league and king of the fens league.

I just wish I could get our anglers to practise!

Was in 2003-guess which team won it? :)
a_foster
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by a_foster »

did mosella strike win it ?
lerc9151
Personal Text: 35Kg of roach and still lost

Unread post by lerc9151 »

did mosella strike win it ?
Yes they did Image

http://www.nfaresults.co.uk/2003/div5_teams.php
MD_x

Unread post by MD_x »

Mick Denton
Steve Tyler
Steve Poplet

Were three river anglers who were enrolled in the 90's.
Whitty
Match Team/ Club: Was blackhorse

Re: Team Image........was that the name then though?

Unread post by Whitty »

Hi,i fished with blackhorse in the pre-Pollard era with Mark Bird(captain,now living in Denmark),Paul Combes(rarely fishes these days),Rob Hewison,Nigel Bass,Chris Mears,Pat Mills,Ken Cavendish,Andy Waterhouse,Dave Moss,Dave Sayce and three or four Milton Keynes lads who to my shame ive forgotten,apart from ones nickname 'Noggin',my name is Alan Whittington,my competetive days are almost done,but it was my great pleasure to fish with a like minded group of anglers who worked tirelessly to win,ive been in contact with Mark Bird this morning,Rob Hewison yesterday,Combsey today,i messaged Steve Tyler this morning,ive talked to old mate Des Barker this afternoon,im trying to contact Bassy,Mark Matthews was another who was on the periphery when i left whom i talk to regularly,i left for personal reasons,which left me no choice,hey ho,things change....
Whitty
Match Team/ Club: Was blackhorse

Re: Team Image........was that the name then though?

Unread post by Whitty »

Myles Phillips,was another good-un... :)