If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Stripping back my tackle

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Scotsco

Stripping back my tackle

Unread post by Scotsco »

Hello all,

Think as many of us are equally guilty on this topic.... but I believe I've over complicated what tackle I take fishing. I want to strip it right back. I'm just talking terminal tackle here otherwise I'd never stop typing... just looking for feedback. Mainly fishing commercials and reservoirs. For bream and silvers. So no huge baits etc...

My thoughts are;

Pole floats-
- 0.4g slim/chianti (Carbon Stem) for calm weather. Depths between 4-7 ft. Can move the shot to fish on the drop or on the deck.
- 0.6g Rugby ball (Wire stem)(Long bristle) for windier conditions. Fished in a similar way to above.
-0.8g Rugby ball (Wire stem)(Long bristle) for deeper depths 8-12ft.
- 0.4g Dibber/ body down (Wire Stem) I like the wire stem and 0.4g to keep it stable if any bigger fish come wobbling in.

All the above would be rigged up in 0.16 and 0.20 with 3 of each rig in the box. That's 24 rigs total... too simple?

Feeders/ legering-
15/30/40 grams 3 of each weight/size of the following (Weight kinda dictates size here);
Method feeder
Pellet feeder
Bomb
Cage feeders (2,3,4&6 square)

Hook lengths-
12 inch 0.13mm tied to B911 size 16,18 & 20
12 inch 0.13mm tied to KKM size 16 (hair rigged for corn)
4 inch 0.16mm tied to KKM size 14/16 (bait band for method/ peeler feeder)
30 inch 0.13mm tied to B911 size 18 for castor/ maggot on cage feeder
30 inch 0.13mm tied to KKM size 16 (hair rigged) for bomb & bread. Or corn/ pellet on the cage feeder.

I have not included wagglers here as I generally just keep a relatively streamlined set in a tube and they dont come out that much.

Any thoughts....? Fo you feel anything deserves a place here? Is it too simple?

Thanks in advance

Tom