If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Venues for 2020

Marsh Upcoming Matches.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Venues for 2020

Unread post by Dave C »

Time to consider where to go next year

Places Im definitely looking to book are

Blind Lane
Alders Ash Lake
Hartleylands Pear tree
Arrans
Claygate Eva
Monk Lake 2 already booked
Southend Farm
Puddledock Snake
Puddledock Road

Thats 9 so looking to go for 3 to 5 more.

Possibilities are
Hartleylands Samson
Claygate Sophie
Hawkhurst
Monk Lake 1
Monk Lake 3
Monk Lake 4
Slough house
Tylers common
Sams Lakes. Smarden, Ashford, Kent TN27 8PJ. Is this too far for some? .top or bottom lake?
Churchgate lakes Website says this is now £15 which i consider is too expensive for what it offers
Chart Again its more an out and out carp lake and too expensive

My thoughts are
Tylers
Sams
Monk 1 or 3
Hawkhurst if only to shut Clive up
Slough House, maybe on the other bank as I think it is worth another shot.

I would appreciate your comments and any other venues you are aware of that may suit us.
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Re: Venues for 2020

Unread post by joshdon »

The 9 definite venues look spot on :thumsup

For what it is, worth my preferences would be:
Tylers - Ash Lake
Tylers - Willow lake
Monks - Lake 1
I've not fished the others so I'm reasonably impartial, although Hawkhurst and Sam's both look good from what I've seen online.

Monks Lake 1 was more successful all round than Monks Lake 3. with average of 40-60lb for most people but Monks 3 was early in the year and I remember the weather being quite grim so may have been a factor - Would be happy fishing either of these to be honest.

I think Tylers is good fun, definitely a venue that gives everyone the opportunity for a successful day of catching fish. I'd happily fish it on two occasions across the 2 top match lakes, Ash & Willow. Horsheshoe (bottom lake) is great but I feel a no go for our club as the hill is a health hazard!!

Slough House... I'll let Chris T answer on that one ;D :rage
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Chris’s comments have already been noted. Anyway there is a fairly good swear word filter on the site so we should be OK. :whistle :whistle

Hawkhurst weights are usually pretty good but it’s just like fishing an extra long swimming pool. I think it’s the on site cafe makes the difference :cheers :cheers
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Think you should include Tylers, how about Birds Green as another option.
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

First I think we should stick with 14 matches, so its another 5 we're looking for.
Re your first 9 - they look fine although the Snake didn't exactly deliver but worth a second try. Also remember they're supposedly de-stocking Arrans?

My other 5 in no particular order:
Monks 1 - and if we're coming up short of venues then Monk 3 as well; maybe when the weather's a bit warmer. These are good lakes.
Tylers Common - but remember we would need to book the whole lake as there's lots of day ticket anglers
Sams - dont know it - but new venues are always a plus for me.
Plus, if possible, one other new venue - Terry mentions Birds Green; again dont know it, but if it looks suitable for us then give it a go.
Claygate Sophie - definitely worth another visit - a different challenge but capable of giving a good days fishing; remember Al's feats there.

Reserves: Hawkhurst and Hartleylands Samson - both reliable if we end up with gaps.

Plus, as before, we should swap venue dates around, so we're fishing the lakes in different seasons/conditions.

Finally re Slough House - we'd be fishing it in Oct again so I doubt it would be much different from this year, so probably a No.

Dave - let me know if you need to share the booking/phoning workload.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

I haven’t fished Birds Green for many years, I used to love pleasure fishing it. However when it came to matches there the pegging was very very tight with no allowance made and everyone crammed together with the other half the lake empty. If you didn’t draw on the island then good luck.
I wouldn’t book it unless we had a visit to see what he has done/changed in the last few years. It was never a big weight venue.
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

Dave are we not going back to orchard next year?
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

I was thinking the same.
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

They have another new match Lake with 20 pegs might be worth a look
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

As you know I'm easy with venues, but that Sams lake looks very nice, could bring my caravan if I decide to leave early again.
Also never fished Hawkhurst and I love a venue with a café. :tiphat
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

wat2tone wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:11 am Dave are we not going back to orchard next year?
Oops that one got through the net - looks like Mr C needs to brush up on the old admin :rofl
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Went to Sam's Lakes a couple of years ago on the Top Lake, wasn't overly prolific but the day was very hot, several bream around 3lb and a number of carp around 4/5lb and the usual small skimmers and roach. Very nice looking lake, the bottom lake is more open and usually used for matches I think, looking at their website gallery there is a lot of nice fish including some pretty decent sized perch.