If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Coleman’s Cottage.

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Coleman’s Cottage.

Unread post by Dave C »

John visited them last week and was informed that there will be no more club bookings after the end of this year. They are apparently turning it into a members only fishery.
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Coleman’s Cottage.

Unread post by Spamwham »

Thats a shame.
Probably suits Gerry & Jane tho - you can see the advantages from their point of view.

Ah well - more new venues needed for next year; or back to some old haunts. :thumsup
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Apparently they are fed up with 14 hour days. Must admit I would be too. :nono
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

This is the message shared on the Facebook...

DE92298F-84C7-457A-92C3-1DEFD3D7714B.jpeg
A few new venues needed for next season then! :thinking
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

joshdon wrote: August 14th, 2019, 9:22 pm
A few new venues needed for next season then! :thinking
All ideas for new venues welcome
Chris T

Unread post by Chris T »

I have watched Coleman's slowly go down hill for over a decade now from losing the UK Champs where the elite cane from all over the country and rated the.place highly. To losing Fish O qualifiers and ppl complanning about the fishing and the lakes
(ppl who know what their talking about) I might add.
Personally Jerry should of sold it when.he had the chance but got greedy so sale fell through.
The attitude towards both locals and the traveling angler are disgusting! Myself and mark found that out 1st hand on this years visit and I for one wont be sorry to see the back of the place!

As for new venues onwards and upwards! Lol ;D local venues IE Tylers can take a round and how about a wildcard venue like BODDINGTONS spice it up.and have a laugh! Framfield possibly Sams in Headcorn or Timberlands in Harlow who I happen to know the main men in charge.
2019 League Champion! :whythankyou
Hippo Hunter extrodinare! :thumsup
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by joshdon »

Chris T wrote: August 19th, 2019, 7:08 am local venues IE Tylers can take a round
Some serious weights coming out of Tyler’s lately with 350lb+ winning it each week at the minute!! :cheers

Maybe another lake at Monks, fishing it an extra time in the year? I know Dave previously mentioned Lake 2 being on the cards for next year!! Or double up on Orchard for some more serious F1 bashing?! :D :joy
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Lake 2 is already booked for 18th July next year. What lake would members prefer out of lake 1 and lake 3 for next year?

Tylers was under consideration for this year but missed the cut but is likely to make it next year. I would love to fish the bottom lake at Tylers but with the average condition of our members and that hill its unlikely until they have an Ambulance and defibrillators on standby.
Likewise with the top lake at Rayne lodge although we could consider the bottom lake though is never been that good compared with the top lake

We did fish Timberlands once a number of years ago and to be honest it was utter crap, things may be better now so perhaps a fact finding mission may be in order.

Anyone know anything about Birds Green or Brookhall or Blasford hill these days. Is Cuton lakes worth a shot with the A12 thundering past all day?
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Potentially we will only need two extra venues but there may well some other worth a go.
Monks Lake 3
Tylers Common
Birds Green Bottom lake
Churchgate
Brookhall
Rayne Lodge possibly
Sam's Lakes possibly
Don't know anything about Timberland
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Or just to stop Clive from whingeing Hawkhurst
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by joshdon »

Dave C wrote: August 19th, 2019, 3:13 pm Lake 2 is already booked for 18th July next year. What lake would members prefer out of lake 1 and lake 3 for next year?
It would be good to fish Lake 3 in warmer weather!
Dave C wrote: August 19th, 2019, 3:13 pm Tylers was under consideration for this year but missed the cut but is likely to make it next year. I would love to fish the bottom lake at Tylers but with the average condition of our members and that hill its unlikely until they have an Ambulance and defibrillators on standby.
Agreed - I fished the bottom lake earlier this year on a hot day and nearly passed out half way up! The top lakes are well stocked too and only 1 hill to deal with but smaller stamp of fish.

Happy to go out fact finding if we're short of a venue :thumsup