If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hartleylands Pear Tree Lake 2nd June 2018

Marsh Upcoming Matches.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Hartleylands Pear Tree Lake 2nd June 2018

Unread post by Dave C »

Although we have fished this lake before with the massive changes that have gone on with Hartleylands recently Im not sure any of us have much of a clue what fish are now in the lake.
So who is up for a venture into the unknown?

Dave
Keith
Troy
Simon
John
Mick
Tony R
Clive
Rod
Gino

Kris
Chris

Not available
Terry
Kevin
Tony W
Jim
kris
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Hartleylands Pear Tree Lake 2nd June 2016

Unread post by kris »

Hi Dave can you put me and troy down plz
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Stick me down for this please
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Yes please Mr C
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Sorry can't make this one :rage
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Please include me on the list
👍
kev the catch
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by kev the catch »

Dave
Sorry can't make this one.
mickyboy
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by mickyboy »

Count me in please Mr C
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

Sorry Dave at work
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Hi Dave - I'll be there but Jim's away
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Yes please M r C :tiphat
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

Yes please Dave :thumsup
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

As its under new ownership I thought I'd take a look at the match rules to see whats changed. They're certainly concerned about fish welfare which has to be a good thing. I have copied a few extracts:

ALL ANGLERS MUST USE THE NET DIPS PROVIDED FOR BOTH LANDING AND KEEPNETS, BEFORE THEY START FISHING. PLEASE ALLOW TEN OR SO MINUTES AFTER DIPPING YOUR NETS BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN THE WATER.
YOU ARE ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF ONE 5 HOUR MATCH OR A 6 HOUR MATCH (WITH A WEIGH IN AFTER 3 HOURS) IN ANY ONE DAY. PLEASE LET THE BAILIFF KNOW OF YOUR INTENDED WEIGH IN TIMES.
ANY FISH OVER 8LB SHOULD NOT BE RETAINED IN KEEPNETS, AND IS TO BE WEIGHED IMMEDIATELY AND RETURNED TO THE WATER. PLEASE ONLY PUT FISH OF A SIMILAR SIZE IN THE SAME KEEPNET, THIS IS TO PREVENT ANY SMALLER FISH FROM BEING CRUSHED OR DAMAGED.
PLACE FISH INTO THE KEEPNET CAREFULLY, NO DROPPING OR THROWING.
FISH MUST NOT BE RETAINED IN KEEPNETS FOR LONGER THAN IS NECESSARY. AT ANY ONE TIME THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF FISH TO BE IN ANY ONE KEEPNET SHOULD NOT EXCEED 60LB. PLEASE STRICTLY ADHERE TO THIS RULE. ANY KEEPNETS IN EXCESS OF 60LB, WILL HAVE THE EXCESS WEIGHT DEDUCTED
WHEN IT COMES TO WEIGHING IN, PLEASE ENSURE THE SCALES ARE SETUP AND READY TO GO BEFORE LIFTING THE KEEPNET OUT OF THE WATER. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR KEEPNET IN THE WATER WHILST RUNNING THE FISH DOWN THE NET(see my note below). WHEN EMPTYING FISH FROM THE KEEPNET INTO THE WEIGH SLING, PLEASE DO SO WITH CARE, OVER THE PROVIDED WEIGH MAT, ENSURING THE FISH ARE NOT DROPPED ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER FROM A HEIGHT.
IF WEIGHING THE FISH IN STAGES, PLEASE RETURN THE NET HOLDING THE OTHER FISH BACK INTO THE WATER IN BETWEEN THE WEIGHING STAGES. WEIGHING IN IS THE MOST STRESSFUL TIME FOR THE FISH SO PLEASE DO YOUR UTMOST TO ENSURE THEY ARE HANDLED WITH DUE CARE.
WHEN RETURNING FISH TO THE WATER, ENSURE THE FISH ARE IN THE WATER BEFORE RELEASING THEM FROM THE NET, DO NOT DROP, TIP OR THROW FISH BACK INTO THE LAKE.
TAKE ALL LITTER HOME WITH YOU. ANY CLUB OR ANGLER FOUND TO BE LEAVING LITTER AT THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE WELCOME BACK.

My Note: I think our usual method of pulling through the bottom+2 ring before emptying achieves the same purpose of avoiding running fish down the whole length of the net out of water.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Any bait restrictions at all Tony?....whats's the plan...5 hour match or mid match weigh in?
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

The only banned bait is Nuts otherwise no problems.

We will be fishing 6 hours and the decision on a midmatch weigh will be made on the day depending on weather conditions and catch rates.
We have the road bank and the far bank, day tickets will be allowed on the other banks but should have no need to walk anywhere near us . Apparently there is now a car park at the far end so there isnt a need to push your gear up the slope. ( go through the entrance gate and down to Nicks lake and turn right and up to the end of Pear Tree )

The rules say fish over 8lb to be weighed and returned although the baliff said to me fish over 10 so more a question of common sense, so weigh anything over 10. Net limit is 60lb, over 60 recorded as 60lb , over 70lb net will not be counted.