If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Breadpunch my way by Derek Skinner

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Rigga
Personal Text: Love match fishin
Match Team/ Club: Shakespeare Superteam

Unread post by Rigga »

Just read the results on the town welland fantastic fishing.
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

pairs match Brian - fancy going?
Rigga
Personal Text: Love match fishin
Match Team/ Club: Shakespeare Superteam

Unread post by Rigga »

what are the dates?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Riggs dates are in the planner
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

River Glen and Town Welland to host new event.
River fishing legend Wayne Swinscoe has announced a new pairs league on the prolific Lincolnshire fens. The new series is born out of frustration by the ex Essex County Skipper, who explained: “For the first time in a number of years, me and a few of my friends have really been struggling to find good sized matches. It seems that there are plenty of small commercial events taking place, but not a lot of any size for people like me, who prefer to fish matches on natural venues.

I have always been a believer in the saying ‘action speaks louder than words’ and so have decided to run something myself! The River Welland and River Glen have been fishing brilliantly this year, with loads of good nets of roach falling to all kinds of tactics. For this reason, I wanted to run something that would take in both venues, as they are only a couple of miles apart. I suggested the series to my sponsors, Maver and Bait Tech, who were only too keen to support it.”

The series will follow a format which will see anglers able to nominate which of the two rivers that they want to fish each round, and with pools money being paid out seperately on each venue, it won't really matter which of the two fishes the best. Entry is just £20 per pair, with a daily pool of £20 each per match.

The overall league will be decided on accumulative weight- leaving it wide open to surprises when and if the bigger fish decide to feed. With a practice match on the 27th December, the first round of the league proper is 30th December.

For more information, call Wayne Swinscoe on 07737 056767 or 0115 9382846

Dates:

Thursday,27th December - Pairs Open
Sunday,30th December - 1st League
Sunday,6th January - 2nd League
Sunday, 27th January - 3rd League
Sunday, 10th February - 4th League
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by harry911 »

very very interesting Image
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

How is it you try to pass your experience on to folks to help them --and they just dont listen-
Not on here--On another forum--advice on punch fishing was requested--I gave it and all I get is tossers insisting that you microwave and roll your hook bread so it will stay on the hook.
Why-- I caught 5 Roach on the same bit of punch last Sunday
that bit didnt stay on did it.
How is it when you try to tell it how it is no one will believe you.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

25lb 8oz of Quality Steeping Roach, In 5 hrs today, I knew the buggers were in there somewhere, 112 fish 2oz plus and 51 smaller ones. I even had to net quite a few of them.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

:o :o :o nice fishing kiddo how did you feed your peg Image
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

:o :o :o nice fishing kiddo how did you feed your peg  Image

I was on a bend with what slight flow there was coming towards me and veering to the right, when I got it sussed I was feeding small ball of feed every chuck straight in front of me at about 6m and fishing to the right with the flow.
just before I packed up I used all my feed up but carried on for a few ( maybe a dozen ) chucks after--and the fish went right off with no feed going in. had been getting fish a chuck before that. the water was only just over a foot deep and quite weedy, at the times that I wasnt getting bites I was dragging weed, but when the fish were feeding I hooked fish instead of weed.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

I was on a bend with what slight flow there was coming towards me and veering to the right, when I got it sussed I was feeding small ball of feed every chuck straight in front of me at about 6m and fishing to the right with the flow.
just before I packed up I used all my feed up but carried on for a few ( maybe a dozen ) chucks after--and the fish went right off with no feed going in. had been getting  fish a chuck before that. the water was only just over a foot deep and quite weedy, at the times that I wasnt getting bites I was dragging weed, but when the fish were feeding I hooked fish instead of weed.

I had two more very good catches from the same peg in the last few weeks of the season 32lb 12oz two weeks after the 25lb--and three weeks later 34lb 8oz--but the last one included a few skimmers to 12oz, which boosted my weight..
I have now gone into fishing hibernation until late October, when the weed that chokes the river in the summer dies off and the matches start again.
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

i think you should micro it derek may improve your catch rate...... Image
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

Unread post by fin »

just before I packed up I used all my feed up but carried on for a few ( maybe a dozen ) chucks after--and the fish went right off with no feed going in. had been getting  fish a chuck before that. the water was only just over a foot deep and quite weedy, at the times that I wasnt getting bites I was dragging weed, but when the fish were feeding I hooked fish instead of weed.

I had two more very good catches from the same peg in the last few weeks of the season 32lb 12oz two weeks after the 25lb--and three weeks later 34lb 8oz--but the last one included a few skimmers to 12oz, which boosted my weight..
I have now gone into fishing hibernation until late October, when the weed that chokes the river in the summer dies off and the matches start again.
Good catches them Derek, well done... Pretty much same as me nowadays, English gears away till October when it will come out for again for Ancholme league, praying for a cold winter,, Just a couple of trip across the Irish sea for me to keep my hand in Image
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

Good catches them Derek, well done... Pretty much same as me nowadays, English gears away till October when it will come out for again for Ancholme league, praying for a cold winter,, Just a couple of trip across the Irish sea for me to keep my hand in Image
Let me know if they run any matches on the old river, I used to like the Cadney road area--suited me better than the new river.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

Its still working--not massive weights but 5 x double figure weights in 6 sessions,best being 12lb and the other one I had 6lb of quality fish despite a weedcutting boat up and down the river all day.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

Its still working--not massive weights but 5 x double figure weights in 6 sessions,best being 12lb and the other one I had 6lb of quality fish despite a weedcutting boat up and down the river all day.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

Let me know if they run any matches on the old river, I used to like the Cadney road area--suited me better than the new river.
Bread Skills
Sponsor: Hovis

Re: Breadpunch my way by Derek Skinner

Unread post by Bread Skills »

Has Mr Skinner ever tried his bread methods on either the The Grand Union or The Oxford canals?
stevieb
Sponsor: The Mrs

Re: Breadpunch my way by Derek Skinner

Unread post by stevieb »

Very interesting post :thumsup
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

Hi All--I`m back--not been on this forum for a while-- must be nearly a year--the Bread is still working on The Steeping, had 4 wins, with the best winning weight of the winter 11lb 8oz--- 5 X 2nd and numerous places and sections this winter -(mind you have had a few disasters too)--and ended the season with my best ever weight off the platforms 233 fish for 19lb ( that was a pleasure session though) after the river had been almost to the top of the bank two days previously.