If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 8 results

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

Ages, shame it does not work underwater  Image

:D :D Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

There's still more pictures to come so TK tells me but here are what I have so far...

Link to Album

Link to Slideshow

Also you can sign up to the gallery and post comment on each picture now. You can register top right on the home page.
Your email address will remain anonymous to everyone except the admin.

Other pictures are in there now.
Cracking pics Tony Image
Some nice fish caught Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

Ta mate Image
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

Gentlemen it was a pleasure i enjoyed your company and its a great venue.. it was even better after i got the hang of the dialect the first 2 hours i never understood a bloody word and agreed to all sorts of things i imagine.... :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

Ar ya did - juss mek sure yow dow forget to pop mine in the powst in the morn :D
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

Yep nice photo's Tony, are we gonna have a report on your 7-14-14 catch. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

Yep if you are interested Drynet. I'll pen a few words, but just tied up at the mo with summat else Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

cheers mate Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

I have been sat here all night gripped to my seat waiting your words Tony Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

Just realized the mole failed to make an appearance Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

Hope these few words have been worth the wait Drynet & SS :P

Well the day started with a shock when I opened the curtains around 7.30am and saw the headlights of a car on the top of the drive……….. Image

Bl**dy hell, it’s the Chockie Munster – he aint sposed to be here till 8.00am. Image

Swag in the car off we set at a leisurely pace cuss the CM was in the missus’s car ‘which wo gu fast’. Despite the leisurely drive I’m startled to find I’m first there :o

A quick call to MrVwho was checking the pegging and I subsequently learn that it’s the KP for the day – 5 pegs on the outlet are wiped out.

Draw time. Pegs 1-20 in. Now I hadn’t got my scratting head on last match, in fact I’m still not sure whose head I’d got on last match, so I need to restore a bit of credibility. I publicise the fact that I’m gunna scrat 2lb of gudgeon out.

Well we all like to bask in the glory of winning and think we know what the cock pegs are, but with that intent, coupled with the introduction of sections, I quite fancy a crack on 17 – 20.

Well those pegs are soon in sweaty palms – gone. A few grumbles are heard as pegs 1-3 prove elusive to eager hands. As I scribe the names, MrV finally has to own up to the fact that he’s pulled cock peg 2 out. With just myself and heinzer to draw I can see 1 & 3 aint been claimed. Well, I’ll just have to put up with the moans as I end up secretly wanting peg 1, but Heinzer dips and I’m left with 3 which I suspect won’t live with 1 & 2.

However the levels are up and the KP is carrying a load more colour than normal……..it might just be a complete ballacher. Image

3 rigs are set up. One .3 gm float straight thru to 0.008 with a small bulk of 10s with a couple of droppers will satisfy both down the inside and far shelves. Another shallower beastie rig (by my standards) is set up for tight to the brambles across. Rig 3 is for down the track. MrV kindly referred to this as a lighthouse. It was in fact a Paulo ‘worm’ float which has a 4.5inch sight tip. One no 10 which I lost just before I changed floats as it really needed an extra foot of line adding to it takes it from body to half way down the tip. :P

The off. Two small cups of punch down the track. I cup of a dry mix of gb across down the shelf with a few bits and pieces included. A nut of gb to left and right insides and I’m off.

A few gudgeon show inside. Then a shock – a 6 oz roach to double pinkie of the lh inside swim. Onto the rh side swim and a few more gudgeon added. Then the lackie shoots out……….bl**dy hell hang on. After a few seconds a chublet is netted. Don’t those 3ozers go like stink in there.

MrV by this time is in his stride. I can’t see him or his pole but the sound of fish after fish means he is walking away. He’s sacking up down the track. He answers my numerous questions and confides in what he’s fed which is much more aromatic than my punch on a similar line.

On with a pinkie, rather than the punch and the track produces a few gudgeon. It was quite interesting watching the bites develop with that float on. Just as I’m about to introduce some ‘smelly’ GB on the line to try and tempt MrV’s fish off him, the float dips, the slowly slips away and a decent skimmer is on and soon in the net. It aint a bad float after all.

What do I do now? Are they there? Don’t want to dump anything on their heads if they are. Try the line again but only a couple of small roach follow then its quiet.

Ok time to give em some. GB plus samples is cupped in down the track and the float exchanged. A look across both down the shelf only the produces a couple of gudgeon and nowt tight to the brambles which has been feed with big mag and caster.

A look inside produces a few more gudgeon then another bonus 6ozer roach.

MrV is now streets ahead. Heinzer after a slow start is now having one a chuck having paid heed to MrV’s advice on his feeding regime. Tell you one thing. Draw next to MrV and he’s likely to take you apart. However, listen to his advice and take it on board and you’ll be a better angler for it. The guy don’t talk crap and ain’t scared to impart his knowledge. Ok some of you might think ‘well he knows the place’ but he’s got things in his locker and can more readily react and read situations/indications whether it be on a known venue or a first time visit.

A few more roach down the track. A question to MrV on whether the way he lays his rig in makes any difference. A few words of advice are offered relating to this and feeding. A few more roach are subsequently snared but it’s now slowing again and time for a few snaps. The track is refed for a final time whilst I take the pickies.

Return to peg. Another skimmer first put in then a few more roach and it’s whistle time.

I’ve enjoyed today. But there again it’s easy to say that when you’ve had a few the cynics might think. The real enjoyment has come from learning a load and making it a reality. Plus some of the other guys have seemingly enjoyed themselves too despite it being ‘hard’ in places.

Roll on the inlet & outlet in a fortnight Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

Quality mate well worth the wait Image
heinzer
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by heinzer »

Well done Mr V It was a pleasure fishing next to you, as you said after 90 minutes without a bite it was looking really bleak for me but with your encouragement and a few tips thrown in I managed to turn it round, some cracking roach making up most of my catch.I must admit it was a bit like old times having the banter with yourself and BDM,hope It continues.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

Well worth the wait mate Image
Hope the water level has gone down by then. I went past the power station today and there are lakes everywhere where the river has burst the banks.
The Penk is almost on the Teddesley road too Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

Yep I had to shoot to Stafford hospital after the match and couldn't tell where the Sow was - it was just one big lake in the fields Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by frank »

The result as made the Star tonight.

got nothing else to put in
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

:D :D ;)
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by MarkV »

Always good to read a match write up TK and especially interesting when its one i've fished myself.

I hadnt been out for a while which made the day all the more enjoyable.

Afterwards I realised i've fished 4 gruellers and drawn next to PHIL B three times !

He helped me out with some advice too and deserves some credit. I was up the trees a few times trying to get the hang of this new fangled pole fishing mullarkey and complaining about how long it takes me to make up light pole rigs of the canal variety. It's threading the line thru the very narrow silicon tubing for thin float stems that causes me problems ( as well putting very small shot on ). I wont tell you how long it takes me sometimes.

Phil B has saved me from becoming a broken man. Told me to use a thin needle ... and thread the line through it using a needle threader, then put the needle through the silicon. Thats half the battle sorted I reckon ! So thanks Mr Phil.

Bet most of you do it already !

As I went back to my car for something before the off I was struck by the number of top kits people had set up ! Minumum of 4 i reckon ! Anyway I went back to my ONE and thought this fishing lark is getting complicated, more lines than a pools coupon !

Def going to try and make the next one on inlet/outlet.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by TK »

Good on ya Tigerbay Image

Glad you enjoyed the day.

Wished Phil B had mentioned his needle routine to me........I've deliberately started moving away from wire stems to carbon because of the difficulty I have with the silcon too Image

And as for size 12 & 13 shot...........anybody want to buy some :D
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by MarkV »

I can manage size 11 just about IN DAYLIGHT... find it makes a lot of difference rather than artifical light when making up rigs.

I've also bought a 'third hand' off ebay, which is a magnifying glass held on a stand and can be adjusted to all angles. It was made to help people working on small parts of hi-fi eqipment but you can use it for anything really.

As long as i can see where/ which way the slit in the shot is angled, I have a much better chance of getting the line in there rather than squinting and hallucinating !