If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

New Pole Purchase

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Colin Mac
Match Team/ Club: Tring Anglers

New Pole Purchase

Unread post by Colin Mac »

I am thinking of a new pole and have 3 from Daiwa in mind, Connoisseur, Whisker or Tournament Pro X. I have been told by one dealer that the Whisker is not the best Daiwa have produced but another suggested it was really excellent. My preference would be the Tournament but what is the real difference? Is it really worth a grand more than the Whisker?

Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Re: New Pole Purchase

Unread post by Simple »

Hello and Welcome.
Poles are very personal things. You need to go and have a waggle with each one and see what you think.
There is a problem with that though.....You will see all the other poles and probably end up with something else :D :thumsup
Colin Mac

Thanks Simple, I have tried a few but the only one I can't get my hands on is the Tournament which is a pain. :sad
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

An old friend of mine uses the Whisker at Hemmington lakes on the Carp, he likes it. Seen him land decent size fish on it there. Didn't look under gunned. His mate however, uses the Toureny and likes that too.

......Me, i'd go for the Tourney, but thats because i'm a tackle tart. But i don't fish for Carp though.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Like Simon said its a personal item we all have our favorites whatever you decide just make sure you look into the cost of spares and how much are they cost plus can you get hold of them at short notice ie a week . I'm Sensas through and through and i do think they have a great package and a lot of thought has gone into the pole designs .
just my opinion
Colin Mac

Thanks for the comments guys, hoping to a get a waggle with a Tourney later this week at one of the nearby shops.

Colin
daveyboy

Unread post by daveyboy »

Have you bought one yet Colin?
Colin Mac

Not been able to get my hands on a Pro X yet, so still thinking about options.
lbcaa

Unread post by lbcaa »

I was looking at one of these but was advised I would have to wait until October to get one. Bought a G50.
Colin Mac

I spoke to Daiwa a couple of weeks ago and they said the Pro X should be available late August. I will probably call Fosters this week to see when they expect stock.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

Gem, my misses works at Fosters. I will ask her if she can find out tomorrow for you :tiphat
Colin Mac

Thank you kind sir, much appreciated. :thumsup :thumsup Fosters is where I tried the G50 and Whisker earlier this month, they looked after me very well so please pass on my thanks.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

According to Gem they have 2 in stock right now. The 'More Power' version. :thumsup
Colin Mac

Brilliant, thanks. I will try to make time to get up there soon. :tiphat :thumsup
choppymaster

Unread post by choppymaster »

Hi
You've probably purchased or got your new pole by now but if I can give my bit the new Tourney pro x really is summat else I got mine last Crimbo and I ain't kidding it does everything I ask of it from silvers on the cut to the pig puddles. Lite stiff and strong I wouldn't be without mine it's just the dogs. Add to that I got a g 20 too so all the kits are interchangeable and Daiwas service is second to non hope this helps :tiphat
Colin Mac

Thanks choppymaster, I have not taken the plunge yet so your comments are really helpful. I am thinking of waiting for next year's models to be announced and decide later in the year.
kirkie

Unread post by kirkie »

I was in a similiar position with my pole a while ago.
I wanted the best of both worlds with a pole that was light for fishing for silvers and also for commercial carp.
My existing Shimano Aspire was fine for big fish, but had its limitations for silvers and the spare kits were horribly expensive.
After a lot of try - outs, suggestions, loan of friends poles etc I ended up with the best option for me.
This however did mean buying 2 poles. Pole one is a Daiwa Spectron MK2. 13 metre. This is the Continental model that is not generally available in the UK as its only 13 mts to meet the CIPS reulations. It came with 5 top fours as standard and I got a new one for £1450.
A couple of adverts later found me a couple of sections to to take it up to 16 metres and that was my Silvers pole sorted out.
So, on to my big fish pole. Fortunataly, Drennan had just brought out their Carp pole and after trying one there was no contest for the value and quality it offered. I got the 14 metre version.
So, That was me sorted out for around £2700 with 2 poles that will cover all types of fishing for the price of one premium pole.
Obviously, everybody has different needs and budgets, but this was just the way it worked out for me.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Waggle a Sensas Nana flex 900 series about first kiddo ;) new for 2016 ar all half butts for everything over the firth section no more pole hanging over the towpath or crushing your pole under your seat simple ideas count for a lot ;)
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

Unread post by Ian_baker »

I've got a sensas 774 and the good thing about the sensas is all 4 series poles fit mine so I should never struggle for replacements. Spares are not too expensive apart from the number 6 section I broke.Grrrrre
daveyboy

Unread post by daveyboy »

Colin, have you seen preston, s have a new pole on the market,it might be worth look