If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

This Winter

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
marktaylor

This Winter

Unread post by marktaylor »

i bet he could have caught on dog sh%t couldnt he dan when there are that many stampers there
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

well thats what you think! he ad them all on dendo worms m8!!
dodge all the fenton anglers fished squatt and pinkie aswell when everyone else couldnt get a bite on B&J :'(

I know mate, strange one that mark.........guestie emptied it on b/joker tho  ;) ;) ;) ::)

Honestly Dendas ??? or is this another tipton mafia wind up.........you dont usually give that much info away lol ;)
swampy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Tipton till I die!!!

This Winter

Unread post by swampy »

well thats what you think! he ad them all on dendo worms m8!!

I know mate, strange one that mark.........guestie emptied it on b/joker tho  ;) ;) ;) ::)

Honestly Dendas ???   or is this another tipton mafia wind up.........you dont usually give that much info away lol     ;)

if i thort it would be useful to ya in the future id of kept it schum!!! ye onest 2 on caster and 51 on worm! maybe i shud of tried it more he neva told me till afta the match!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

Thought i was on a few drawing next to you dan :D :D :D

Joking apart m8 that first boat did us no favours........having a cup of tea while steering and nearly bouncing off the far bank.......tosser :-? :-?
swampy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by swampy »

ye it must be my right hand side ya need to be on to catch a load!! na that boat daint help nor the cross over and definately the other 10 that come through Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

This Winter

Unread post by TK »

Where was the regatta at that time of year Image
swampy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by swampy »

god knows its great when you break a nice hole in the ice and then a boat ploughs through the ice! honestly im sure we had 15 Image!!!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

This Winter

Unread post by TK »

When we fish the canal a little further down a few weeks later in March we probably only see 3 max during our matches (famous last words - we'll probably cop for a flotilla now)

Perhaps it's because we fish Sats?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

This Winter

Unread post by TK »

Whilst the unsettled weather has most certainly had an impact on you guys on the cuts, I’ve a bit confused as to what happened to us last weekend and I’m left scratching me head.

We fish the pond at the local power station that is fed with warm water, so it doesn’t suffer anywhere remotely as much as the canals do when there’s a sudden penetrating hard frost.

Now whilst it wasn’t steaming hot on Sat, the water certainly wasn’t cold, noted when I mixed my gb. The station also pumped into it a couple of times during the morning.
Water was clearer than the last match, but still held a reasonable amount of colour in it.

The previous match on there I did 8lb of predominantly roach with a couple of skimmers thrown in.

There were other decent roach bags from around parts of the pool on that match.

I drew the same peg this week. Zilch roach for me. Struggled to buy a bite and flogged the expected roach line to death, expecting it to suddenly ‘turn on’. In fact very few roach were caught at all – they’d done a disappearing act.

So if it ain’t a low water temp is it totally down to sudden changes in barometric pressure (but I’m not sure if that happened over last weekend?)
fert

This Winter

Unread post by fert »

there dont seem to be very few roach about at present
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

In for a couple of mild wet days now........again unsettled :( :(

Bridgewater canal was still frozen this morning in manchester Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

This Winter

Unread post by TK »

There was an interesting program last night on BBC 4 about the 'jetstream and us'

Never realised it's flightpath deviated so much

As well as probably being responsible for the summer floodings we've seen in the last couple of years, it went some way explaining the deviations in winter weather.

Worth a view if its repeated.........................even just for that footage of winter 1963 which I have recollections of  Image ;)