If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Alan Mcatee memorial match

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

preecy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by preecy »

Trent & Mersey canal middlewich
62 fished raising over £300 for pancreatic cancer

1. Steve fogal. 6-1-0
Team les O
Peg 72 roach to punch

2. Jeff shaw. 5-12-0
Team Guinness
Peg 80 roach to punch

3. Howard kitchen. 5-9-0
Manchester

4. Roger gardom 5-1-0
Ted Carter southport

5. Steve Holbrook 4-12-0
Meadowbank

6. Simon nicklass 4-8-0
Saints
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Nice one Preccy :thumsup
Venue fished very hard for some reason , think we all were expecting some big weights after the venue fished so well just 2 weeks ago . Great turn out on the day :thumsup :tiphat
preecy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by preecy »

Fish are in none feeding period after spawning now mate everywhere been crap last two weekends now
Properly take month to get right again :'(
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Smiggy sorry but i don't understand what you are saying here i view the canal and river trust results every week . Personally i find it one of the quickest ways to find out any canal results fast and for saying its done vol-entree by the canal and River trust . your stating the wrong result has been published yet the results must come from the organizers surely . I'm of the age group that fished many matches with Alan i remember drawing next to him on Holmepierpont fond memories yet i didn't see this match advertised or I've missed them in the weekly as i don't really get every week now as i find online much quicker. I'm sure the canal and river trust would of advertised it for you leading up to the event . The result above is the same as the trust site and sounds a great success and raised a lot of money for the charity . yet you include a serious accusation of false misrepresentation . I'm sure any mistakes are not made intentionally especially if the results have been sent second hand .I can only think that you are the sponsor of this event which is great as sponsorship is hard to get at the best of times . I've sponsored a few competitions and also run them i also send the results in myself i just find it the easiest way . I do think Fast media is the way forward but the correct information has to be given because of the speed anglers want to see them nowadays .
I'm really not sure it warrants such a serious accusation as false misrepresentation .
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Unfortunately there are those that do jump the gun without or with thinking intentionally ...and it will not be tollerated in any event that I organise and run!

I take it you didn't send the results in yourself then Simon something that might be wise to do in the future with anglers nowadays wanting to photo all the section
sheets and results . Just sounds a little steep all this legal documents angling wants promoting as much as it can .These sites are the only up to date results we have papers are often are out of date by a week or in some case more . Not there fault if they haven't the information on time and are often printed wrong either wrong name or team even weight . Mistakes are made Just feel its a little OTT It's like name and shaming anglers if they don't turn up are you going to ban them and name them . These legal documents are going to fellow anglers that only have good intentions for the sport and in this case your competition .I do know John Ellis very well he's the man behind massive regeneration of our canals and competitions .I just hope the trust don't pull out of this service of results as who stands to loose out the most us the angler .
preecy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by preecy »

Hi smiggy
I'm sorry if I've upset you or caused any upset for putting the results on here an sending an email to anglers mail or canal an river trust
I asked Albert on day if was ok to send in results he said it was fine
If I've offended you in anyway by my actions then please accept this as an apology
The photos of the sheets I took were for cdaa (Crewe and districts) records who run the summer winter and spring league son this venue that's all if you'd like me to email them you I'd be more than happy too.
Crewe and district provided the scales for the event (not Jonty) I hope the event and many more run next year and your more than welcome to the use of our scales again
Many thanks
Simon Preece
preecy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by preecy »

[quote]

Great to hear si I'm of the same view as you :thumsup