If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sensas River Soar Masters Results Rd 3

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Sensas Soar Masters
Third Qualifier
Sunday 26th July
River Soar Sutton Bonington
64 anglers fished.
Well you did say we wanted the rain although a little late for this weekends match . Conditions far from idea for this match with driving winds and rain making presentation really hard . some opted to sit it out for big fish while others attacked the smaller fish hoping the bigger fish wouldn't feed . Again on the whole a very tight match with 2lb separating the top 15 anglers showing just how tight it was . Personally think this years competition is even better than last year and its great to see some new Faces in the final . The competition has everything with International anglers taking part always makes you fish that little bit harder . Must thank Brian Hull again behind the scenes he is a massive asset to the running of this competition . Also the pub at sutton Bonnington for the breakfasts and sandwiches after the the match . I think it caught the Locals out and we are sorry about the parking on the morning in fairness we are only trying to support local businesses and there welfare .
Here are the results  . 

Individuals

1) Peg 58 Mick Hitchen Long Eation Federation 7lb 2 oz.
Mick caught small fish on the long pole during the early stages of the match on pinkie over groundbait however the bulk of his catch comprised of a tench and a perch on chopped worm fished over the nearside shelf.
2) Peg 40 Mark Perkins Dynamite Matchmens Supplies 6lb 15oz
Mark fished chopped worm on the long pole for seven perch to two pounds. He was unlucky to lose two big fish which he was unable to stop on heavy tackle.
3) Peg 59 Rob Wootton Shimano 6lbs 11oz
fishing next to the winner Rob also caught a lot of small fish on the long pole with maggot over groundbait and had one tench close in on chopped worm.
4) Peg 24 Craig Harrison 6lb 10oz
5) Peg 12 Darren Bickerton Kamasan Stasrlets 6lb 6oz
6) Roger Marlow Drennan Leicester and Dave Petch Quorn A.S. 6lb 4oz

Qualifiers for the final

Mick Hitchen
Mark Perkins
Craig Harrison
John Wells (Wigston A.S.)
Dean Guess (Drennan Leicester)
Alister Chisholm (Shakespeare Superteam)
Nigel Bull (Kamasan Starlets)
Cam Hughes (Kamasan Sarlets)
Andy Patton (Matrix Trentman)

Section winners

1 Alistair Chisholme  4lb 2oz
2 Sean Ashby  4lb 5oz
3 Dave Petch 6lb 4oz
4 Joff Woodgett 5lb 5oz
5 Roger Marlow 6lb4oz
6 Andy aspil  3lb 4oz
7 Cam Hughes/ Dean Guess 5lb 10oz
8 John Wells 5lb 15oz
Next round in two weeks please let us know if you cant make it as this one is sold out bar two pegs
With three rounds left it's starting to get interesting  :-X :-X if you think it is easy to qualify :rage think again you really have to be at the top of your game .

FULL LIST OF QUALIFIERS

Here is a full list of qualifiers to date

Sensas Masters 2015

Quaifiers

Sean Ashby
Darren Bickerton
Chris Buckingham
Nigel Bull
Tony Cahill
Alister Chisholm
Steve Gardener
Dean Guess
Craig Harrison
Steve Hemingray
Mick Hitchen
Cam Hughes
Brian Hull
Steve Hurst
Martin Jacques
Pete Marlow
Roger Marlow
Sam Merry
Joe Oaks
Andy Patton
Mark Perkins
Adey Reynolds
Paul Sanderson
Ant Smith
John Wells
Soartackle

Unread post by Soartackle »

Afternoon all great to see a good turn out on Sunday and even better that your helping to support local business in Sutton Bon.

Some of you know who I am and that as well as running Soar Tackle in Kegworth that I live in Sutton and have a lot to do with the Kings Head, mainly making sure the bar is well propped up.

Having spoken to Brian and Joff I hear that someone in the village moaned in the morning with regards parking. The person in question is well known in the village for moaning about everything, every village has to have its busy body.
Anyway the opinion in the pub from the regulars and one of the parish councillors is you are all very welcome in the village and please take no notice of the moaning numpty.

Nigel and Caroline were quite upset that you got moaned at and hope that the pub and its regulars making you so welcome on Sunday more than made up for it.

The pub carpark is being extended soon but you can park on the mud area at the bottom of the car park. :thumsup

On a final note from all at the Kings Head. Thank for supporting us and the local business's. And we hope the village can keep you well fed and watered for a long time to come. :)

Kind regards

Scott

Soar Tackle Kegworth
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Thanks scott for your kind words yes we really enjoy using local pubs up and down the river i'm sure we will continue to do so through the series . You mentioned parish Councillors and i'm wondering if by any chance we could park nearer the river we have done this once and i'm sure we paid £1 OR £2 to do so . we did this by driving around the edge down to the bottom close to the river . if this is possible and i only mean on certain competitions and not every tom dick and harry i really would help as you know anglers are not getting any younger . we would police it as we do the other land owners anyone one that messes it up will not be able to fish our competitions
again thanks for the kind words joff :thumsup
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

I,d willingly pay a few quid to park close to my peg. :thumsup :thumsup
Nbrail1

Unread post by Nbrail1 »

Thanks scott for your kind words yes we really enjoy using local pubs up and down the river i'm sure we will continue to do so through the series . You mentioned parish Councillors and i'm wondering if by any chance we could park nearer the river we have done this once and i'm sure we paid £1 OR £2 to do so . we did this by driving around the edge down to the bottom close to the river .  if this is possible and i only mean on certain competitions and not every tom dick and harry i really would help as you know anglers are not getting any younger . we would police it as we do the other land owners  anyone one that messes it up will not be able to fish our competitions
again thanks for the kind words joff :thumsup 
This would make this venue and competition premier league I think , rivers are the future if access can be sorted
Soartackle

Unread post by Soartackle »

Just been talking to Nigel pub landlord with regards parking. Nigel is on the Parish so have a chat with him.

Joff Nigel said is it possible you could call the pub or could you pm me your number so I can pass it on to him to call you
Said he's going to call Brian.

Nothing bad just wondering about your next match is there anything you'd want putting on. :)

Regards
Scott

Pub tel 01509 672331
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Thanks Scott just PM you my contact numbers :thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

YES THE NEXT MATCH IS THE DAY AFTER THE NATIONAL 8TH AUG :thumsup soldout at the minute