If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 9 - TrevorB so close

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

PRESS RELEASE – embargoed until midnight on 17/1/15

Guest  frames in Cashmore Grueller Series

The match fishing world was rocked today when 55 year old Aldridge angler , Trevor Beckett
( sponsored by Ralgex ) achieved his long held ambition of framing in the exclusive Cashmores
Grueller Match Series .

The contest , fished on a rock hard Cannock Extension canal was held between 11 of Cashmores top anglers ( TK having been awarded another duvet day ) Heavy overnight frost and a frozen canal meant that ice needed to be cleared from most anglers pegs . The hard faught contest was nip and tuck and at the weigh in less than a quarter of a pound separated the eleven anglers  after 4 hours of top match fishing ..

Mr Beckett achieved his second place by fishing bread punch on a 3 metre whip and built up his bag of fish which included roach and perch – he was pleased when the beam scales confirmed his weight at 2oz 9 drams .

The match was won by ever reliable Mr V who amassed 3oz 2 drams in this top quality contest , the 9th of the current Grueller series. Third place was taken by Tricast  who had built up his bag of wasp perch .

In his acceptance speech Mr Beckett wished to thank his late parents for their support of his angling persuits  and also dedicated his performance to his boyhood angling hero , Ivan Marks .

He feels that this his first framing performance for Cashmores ,  a top quality field nudges him one step closer to being named in the exclusive Barnsley Blacks match team .

When asked how he was going to spend his winnings Mr Beckett refused to deny that they would be consumed in his lifelong persuit of wine , women and song .

Neither Barak Obama or David Cameron were available for comment .

ENDS

Brilliant Trev. Can't wait for you to win one if that's what Reuters reported on this one. By the way, Dennis White phoned me today for your phone number but I didn't have it. I told him Tricast was your agent and he needed to go through him (he speaks the same language) :rofl :rofl :rofl
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Well done Paul for winning.
This must be an all time lowest winning weight, in the recognised grueller matches.

If I remember right Phil 3 or 4 seasons ago I fished a grueller we're
5drams won 3d second and I was 3rd with 1dram. Also through the ice.  :thumsup

I think I fished that one on the extension
If memory serves me right Dave Berrows won with some wasp perch late on
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

No gaz this one was around the 2 arms and down to where we draw
there was 2 chaps through the broken bridge. The second one through won,he also had a pike if I remember right. The first one through was second he had one perch on a floro pinkie,I was 3rd after I went a walk to walm up I came back pourd a cuppa whilst my rig was in the side and I pulled it out and I had a micro wasp on.
Some things never change :-/ :facepalm
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

If anybody wants any worm or joker ordering for the next
match please let me know by tonight as I will order it first thing
in the morning. :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

All orders are in lads :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

What's that thing on the Ice in the middle of the cut  :shifty

It's the plug and if it fishes like that again it's getting pulled! ;)
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

As a long standing member, I wish to register a concern.
At todays gathering two officials refused to accept payment from me, for both pools money and bait
Personally I thought the white fiver proffered was a perfectly good copy having down loaded it from the Bank Of England's web site on Friday.
If I had followed their suggestion, sitting would have proved to be a somewhat uncomfortable experience for the next several days