If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Most memorable.......

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Most memorable.......

Unread post by MrV »

OK then Cashmores crew.....while browsing TK's results book yesterday, and looking back at some grueller results over the years, it led me to thinking about the many matches I have fished for the club. It brought back a lot of memories ::)
A.Which match did I enjoy most.
B.Which match had me thinking...should have done better.
C.Which matches had me laughing about other members antics for days after.
D.Best overall match I fished and made me think "that's why I go fishing".

Here are mine:
A. Winning my first match back following my heart attack on the Priory section at Armitage in October 2013. :) :)
B. Coopers Lake near Derby in March 2012. Shared a snaggy, brambly gap between pegs with Yamo, and lost virtually every carp I hooked. The lad gave me a proper tonking. Made me realise there is an art to hooking and getting big fish out of snag pits :'( :'(
C. KOD's antics on the opposite bank at St Claires pools in deepest Worcestershire. He kept putting crayfish in his net (think he was gonna eat em later) and I was watching them crawl out. Then he pulled out of a small carp and his rig shot up a tree. Used his landing net to free it. 5 minutes later he hooks a proper carp, goes to net it and realises he has left his landing net back up the bank....talk about Fred Carnos circus :rofl :rofl
D. Breaking the club canal record with 32lb of chub at Wheaton Aston in March 2013. A hot peg, and an enjoyable day where it all went right for once :thumsup :thumsup

That's my little list, now let's hear some of yours :tiphat :tiphat
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most memorable.......

Unread post by TK »

Nice one MrV......

That's gonna take some thinking about :thumsup
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Most memorable.......

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Gents , whilst not a club member I am a semi permanent " guest " so here is my reply :

A ) Any contest where I weigh in ( dread that DNW !)
B) Any match where I DNW
C) Almost any Grueller as someone always has a nightmare
D) Many years ago winning a club match on the lower Severn where everyone fished for bream and I got bored waiting and caught 3lb of bleak on a whip and won it - oh happy days

Regards

Trev
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Most memorable.......

Unread post by YAMO »

Most memorable- original and best grueller series on the kidney pond- between 8-10 regulars fishing in sub zero temperatures with hot steam coming off the water-great banter throughout -challenges against the shark- great times- a nice drink in clubhouse afterwards. Boy I miss those days.
I would also mention the first and last time I saw Fert with his blue Shakespeare box and his candlestick snotty nose- as well as Vesty playing that heavy swim feeder for ten mins in front of a defeated depressed and sodden mark V who believed it to be a tench. Hilarious.

Worst experience was a toss up between two events- firstly spending 3 hours targeting monsters up fishley last year with the reeds knocking constantly- with 5 mins to go the smallest moorhen popped out from between the weeds looked at me shook it's head and headed back into his haven of solitude. On a par with this was and still is baffling and can be summarised in just a few words' Phyllis Pearce taking a sh!t in the trees right next to my pole roller'. This image will never leave my mind nor will the rather mischievous look on his face as I nearly shipped my pole into his path.

Over and out.
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Most memorable.......

Unread post by Biggcol »

The match I enjoyed the most personally for me would be my win
on cuttlebrook on the trent.. As a novice to rivers and several good
anglers in the field I ran home winner with 12lb odd of dace and roach with 2nines,2 severns n a 6lb close behind on a very clear river.

The match I felt I should have done better on was up wood lane on the canal. Even though I won the match with nearly 25lb I lost 12 fish,10 tench n 2 bream. I felt I could have set a great canal record there but let a great opportunity slip. Had a few nightmares over that one.

One of the funniest matches I had was on the trent on bailies.
I drew the golden peg on the worst area of the length as u come through the gate in the summer. The water was gin clear and I could see the canoes congregating already . I never thought I had a chance of winning as a woman was standing in the river opposite me throwing a stick next to my float for her dog to fetch and as I contemplated saying something a family turned up with deckchairs and a canoe. I sat there giggling to myself for half the match when little col rolls up saying nobodies caught anything.100nicka I laughed all the way to the sucka.

My best match was a memorable one at Thorpe next to Carlos . Not the best pegs on the pool but a venue I know well and as I recomended it and pegged out my biggest concern was that everyone caught a few fish,which they did. Carlos pushed me all the way on a day when the carp were spawning and not quite having it right but I managed to run out winner with 104lb and Carlos just behind on nearly 80lb. What a venue.

In all my first full season had some great matches and great banter. A great bunch of lads.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Most memorable.......

Unread post by MrV »

Great reads Yamo and Big Col :thumsup :thumsup
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Most memorable.......

Unread post by Phil B »

1. All of them.
2. All of them
3. A match fished at Kyre pool near Bromyard.
A difficult venue to access the fishing pegs with many being at the bottom of a steep bank. The bank was strewn with branches and twigs from the surrounding conifer trees, making walking down hazardous at best, dangerous in places.
As we prepared to start the match< out of the corner of my eye I was aware that Peter Turner ( then club Treasurer) was scrambling about behind and above his peg.
On whistle he moved towards his peg, down the bank we increased speed , with twigs and branches entwined around j his legs.
I have and abiding vision of him cartwheeling, open mouthed into the pool with a spectacular a splash.
Glyn Joesbury enquired casually " are you in Pete ".
A saddened Peter climbed from the water. stripped to his Y fronts, hung his clothes on various pine trees and continued to fish scantily clad.,
A short time later Peter was seen on his knees laying out the paper money taken as match fees to dr.
A truly reliable guardian of the members funds.
4. The next one.

See you Saturday
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Most memorable.......

Unread post by Phil B »

Should read "with increased speed "