If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Butty Prices At The Draw

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by Dodge »

Butties at Cheswardine were very well priced @ £2 for the last 3 or 4 years , think there are new owners this year and looks like they thought they could rip us all off . I crappity smacked the butty off once I saw the price but took up there kind offer of a FREE brew , ta   Image  Image
kev p
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: maver midlands
Sponsor: maver

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by kev p »

After paying £5 for a bacon cob i drunk that much (free) coffee i didn't sleep till Wednesday
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by bill yards »

I fished the Hodnet Festival the week before and went to a great pub called the Castle for a meal.
The pub was very busy and it was easy to see why. Brilliant meals at just a bit more than you paid for a bacon bap or whatever they crappity smack were.

Plenty of tittie, I mean totty, as well.

Also had a full breakfast, with a coffee, for £5 in the Raven. Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by Pedro »

Over our way £2.50 for a Bacon Butty and  a cup of Oasis Soup  Image

Image... .....plus yas get a (free) Roll With It Image :D :D Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Butty Prices At The Draw

... .....plus yas get a (free) Roll With It
mmmm, sounds interesting, what type of roll is it? Image Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Butty Prices At The Draw

Desperate Dan and I can also vouch for the steak pies here; they are something else and you need to be hungry to get through it all. Liver and onion is brill too; always enjoyed my meals at the Junction, had all sorts, the steak pie is very much special though. Prices are always good, if you care to check the the website reviews on the food there is not one derogatary comment; you can never please everyone but that is very rare.

Below was from the Shropshire Star (evening paper).

.PUBLISHED: February 8, 2010 06:59 LAST UPDATED: March 30, 2011 15:13
The Junction, Norbury, near Newport
Star rating: ***** JAMES SHAW visits a pretty canalside pub with his family and is impressed by the high standards

Star rating: ***** JAMES SHAW visits a pretty canalside pub with his family and is impressed by the high standards

There are few places prettier than The Junction at Norbury after a heavy snowfall.

It is the kind of view that could make a couple of diners stay all afternoon to take in the sights and sounds.

The area is nice enough to look at during the summer, but when it comes to winter sun and a hefty dollop of snow, then it’s a place to be reckoned with. You could almost say it might sway the opinion of a food review, but then its all part of the package. I suppose it’s an unfair advantage.

Anyway, Claire and I were impressed as soon as we pulled into the car park – or rather, slid.

The pub has a number of rooms, with separate areas for dining, drinking and even, it seems, reading.

It operates a sort of library system, giving people the chance to while away an afternoon in the most comfortable of surroundings.

And it looks even better with snow on the ground.

Bearing in mind the temperature had barely risen above minus-five outside, we were both keen to try out some of the bar menu favourites.

The ‘famous’ steak pie caught my eye straight away – I was intrigued to see if it could live up to its billing. Claire, meanwhile, was a little miffed that she had missed out on the carvery, but nevertheless went for the turkey Sunday lunch.

So what is it that has prompted the owners to label the steak pie as famous? Easy, the pie is fantastic. I have tried pies in other reviews and many have been little more than a dish full of stringy meat with flaky pastry on top. Not this time – my pie was a true gutbusting special with enough room for horns on top. And thankfully, quality had not been sacrificed in the search for quantity. Beneath the superb, moist pastry, lay a real delight in the form of chunky slabs of meat, swimming in the most delicious gravy.

Sometimes, the term steak pie actually means slightly random meat pie, but not this time. As ever, it came with the usual accompaniment of chips and the biggest selection of vegetables either of us had ever seen. I gave neither a great deal of focus, such was the attention demanded by my famous steak pie. Claire’s meal was of similar quality.

A few weeks ago, we were left disappointed by a Sunday lunch at another pub that didn’t come up to scratch. Not this time.

She had asked for a turkey lunch and to be fair, the £6.25 price tag suggested a small portion. Thankfully, Claire’s hefty appetite was more than matched by huge slices of turkey, served with lots of vegetables. Her plate was loaded with three types of potato – mashed, roasted and new, alongside a rather grand-looking Yorkshire pudding and stuffing.

Once again, there had been no reduction in quality, despite the huge amount of food on offer. By all accounts, Claire’s turkey was sensational – moist, juicy and with a slight taste of pepper.

The dining room was virtually deserted when we entered, but by the time we had finished our main courses, there was a busy hum. That also seemed to be the case in the bar next door, and it was hard not to notice the ripples of laughter drifting over at regular intervals. Not that we were being disturbed, of course – rather, it simply added to the atmosphere.

To finish our meals, I chose the chocolate fudge cake, while Claire went for lemon drizzle cake. Both lived up to the standards set by the main courses.

My fudge cake was moist and very well presented, with plenty of chocolate sauce.

Young Louis, who until now had been happy with his fish finger meal, made a beeline for my dessert.

He was, to be frank, rather brutal as he scooped up the remaining cake and ended up covered in bits of chocolate.

Claire's lemon drizzle cake was another tick in the 'delicious' box. The lemon taste was rather sharp, but that was not a problem – like my dessert, her cake was moist and came with custard.

At the end of our meal, we were still trying to work out what the mystery ingredient could be. You know, that little bit of magic.

We knew The Junction had lashings of the X-Factor, but there was nothing specific to point a finger at.

But once we realised what a superb location Norbury is, along with the friendly staff and fantastic food, we had answered our own question.

MENU SAMPLE

STARTERS

Home-made broth: £3.95

Japanese prawns: £3.95

MAIN COURSES

Trio pork sausages: £5.50

Fish and chips: £8.75

DESSERTS

Irish cream profiteroles: £3.50

Hot chocolate chip pudding: £3.50

ATMOSPHERE

A little quiet at first, but it soon warmed

up as more people arrived both in the dining

room and bar area.

SERVICE

Couldn't really be faulted and staff went

out of their way to explain dishes.

DISABLED FACILITIES

There are disabled toilets and a ramp outside. The pub also caters for disabled people and their carers.

Junction Inn, Norbury Junction, Norbury ST20 0PN.

Tel: 01785 284288.

The menu listed is only a very small part of it. Check if Hulland is around before you order the chicken curry Image That is also more than a bit special.
choppymaster

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by choppymaster »

That sounds pukka that does bill Image always looking for somewhere to take her in doors for summat teat :)on a rare Sunday when I ain't fishin ile give it whirl nice one Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by Pedro »

... .....plus yas get a (free)  Roll With It    
mmmm, sounds interesting, what type of roll is it? Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image This type of roll -  Bill   Image Image Image

http://youtu.be/w8I6aLYzD6Q

Image Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Butty Prices At The Draw

bill yards wrote on Today at 8:42am:

Pedro. wrote on Yesterday at 10:52pm:

... .....plus yas get a (free) Roll With It
mmmm, sounds interesting, what type of roll is it?

This type of roll - Bill

http://youtu.be/w8I6aLYzD6Q

Nah, prefer this one, - proper classic
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EmH4YlNdWAg

Get thee sound turned up
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Butty Prices At The Draw

Unread post by Dodge »

Proper Butties this weekend at proper prices  :thumsup :thumsup can't comment further as uncle Keith has banned us all from the internet  :o  :toungeout  :rofl  :rofl