If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Soar Valley Winter League Round 4

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Soar_Angler

Unread post by Soar_Angler »

Today was the 4th round of the Soar valley Winter League. Up to know the results have been excellent. However today after yesterdays heavy rain the fishing for many competitors was ruined because the E.A. is allowed to pump untreated sewage into the river which does not kill the fish but effectively makes them sick. How can this happen in this day and age of clean rivers. It happens because the name of the game is profit and untreated sewage saves money. Disgraceful in my opinion.
Anyway here is todays result.
Angling Trust Soar Valley Winter League
Round 4 Sunday 9th November 2014
Venue River Soar from Mountsorrel to Kegworth
After a heavy days rain the river was up and coloured.
Individuals
1) Dan Varney Kamasan Starlets 8.200kg
Dan fished peg 14 on Barrow deeps and caught bream on groundbait feeder and worm hookbait.
2) Matt Parkin Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 7.950kg
3) Gary Smith Drennan Leicester 6.300kg
4) Pete Jays Wigston A.S. 5.480kg
5) Tony Beech Quorn A.S. 5.150kg
6) Pete Marlow Drennan Leicester 4.930kg
Teams on the day
1) Kamasan Starlets 25 points
2) Quorn A.S. 38 points
3) Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 39 points
4) Drennan Leicester 42 points
5) Long Eaton Federation 51 points
6) Wigston A.S. 58 points
7) Bennetts Bait and Tackle 64 points
8) Loughborough Soar 65 points
9) Dynamite Matchmens Supplies 66 points
League to date
1) Kamasan Starlets 8 points
2) Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 9 points
Quorn A.S. 9 points
4) Drennan Leicester 20 points
5) Wigston A.S. 21 points
6) Long Eaton Fedeation 26 points
Loughborough Soar 26 points
8) Bennetts Tackle and Bait 27 points
9) Dynamite Matchmens Supplies 35 points
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Valuable 6lb Bream right on the whistle for Dan.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Cheers Brian great help :tiphat :thumsup
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Joff I thought we were only 1 point behind starlets?
:-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

:thumsup yes you are will change it :thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i'l write the section weights down and post them later in the week :thumsup
Soar_Angler

Soar valley Winter League table amended after checking results.

1) Kamasan Starlets                     8 points
2) Matrix Dynamite Trentmen        9 points
     Quorn A.S.                              9 points
4) Drennan Leicester                    20 points
     Wigston A.S.                           20 points
6) Long Eaton Federation              26 points
    Loughborough Soar                  26 points
8) Bennetts Bait and Tackle           27 points
9) Dynamite Matchmens Supplies  35 points
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

Not to upset anybody, but could somebody tell me why peg 1 at the 1860 was moved into the weirpool last Sunday? We agreed at the captains meeting before start of the league that pegs wouldn't be moved?
Soar_Angler

I was not aware this had happened but I do rely on other people for pegging. Was the original position of peg 1 unfishable with the extra water that was on the river?
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

I'm surprised that whoever decided to do it didn't consult you Brian regardless. If it has previously been agreed before the start of the league, surely it should have been by consultation. And if deemed fair I know that you would have made everyone aware (and why) before Sundays match.
I'm sure there were plenty of other pegs on the day that would have benefited likewise, it's the nature of fishing such a fantastic natural venue - you take the 'rough' with the 'smooth' as they say...
A shame it's probably had a bearing on overall team results on the day, when if communicated properly it wouldn't still be in discussion now.... :( :( :(
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Wait a minute I moved peg one from its original peg and did make a phone call it was around 6am as we checked the river I also walked the top ponds a lot was going on I even asked Adey to look at kegworth I also told Adey I'd moved peg one . It was the right thing to do at time :thumsup
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Ok sound Joff :tiphat

I'm sure it was the right decision based on what u saw, and to be honest it shouldn't be up for discussion as u were the one there. the league does rely so much on folk working their 'wotsits' off behind the scenes - especially when there's bin a bit of the wet stuff.
Just wish it had been announced at the draw, then it immediately takes away any of the 'tittle-tattling' that comes after the event. :thumsup

Anyway, probably wouldn't have been noticed if it hadn't have been Starlets that drew it along with the rest of their flyers :rofl :rofl :rofl :fistycuffs
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

If I had of pulled the 1860 out of the winter league the same would of happened at top ponds . It would of meant 3 sections adding at Sutton and looking how that fished the sake of one peg .
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

With Brian having to the draw on the morning as he couldn't untill I checked the river he's just forgot I wouldn't of just moved it without say so kiddo the mornings are hectic on a normal match
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Phew, that don't bare thinking about :facepalm

Suttons proper 'pants' with water on nowadays innit....? ever since the sh*t started getting pumped in coincidentally >:( but that's another conversation that could last all night :surprise :rofl :rofl
Soar_Angler

Correction I was told that one peg had been moved but I thought this was at Top Ponds not 1860 Bridge. This was because the original peg did not give the angler the option of any other style of fishing than ledgering owing to water levels. The draw was partly completed before I knew this so it would have been difficult to consult everyone.
Two other changes were made to the pegging to fit another section in at Soar lane but this was to keep the sections in a straight line without gaps.
Sometimes decisions are made to give anglers as good a days sport as possible. We do not know at the time which angler will benefit or otherwise as that is the luck of the draw.
I am only concerned that we get as many people back on the river as possible and my pegging hopefully reflects this view.
With two matches to go it is possible for any of three teams to win and none can predict the outcome which is great.
dazzla
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas

Unread post by dazzla »

Ok sound Joff  :tiphat

I'm sure it was the right decision based on what u saw, and to be honest it shouldn't be up for discussion as u were the one there. the league does rely so much on folk working their 'wotsits' off behind the scenes - especially when there's bin a bit of the wet stuff.
Just wish it had been announced at the draw, then it immediately takes away any of the 'tittle-tattling' that comes after the event.  :thumsup

Anyway, probably wouldn't have been noticed if it hadn't have been Starlets that drew it along with the rest of their flyers  :rofl :rofl :rofl  :fistycuffs
Chris , Starlets never drew that peg :)
At Starlets we let the organisers do the organising so we can concentrate on the fishing :nana
It is a very well organised league and our team has been made to feel very welcome , so a big thank you to all the anglers taking part and to the organisers :thumsup :tiphat
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Wey hey Dazzla, 'off the rest' with that one.... ;) was only a 'jesting guess' mate

I could've done with a bite like that on Sunday :rofl :rofl :rofl

Cheers mate :cheers
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Correction I was told that one peg had been moved but I thought this was at Top Ponds not 1860 Bridge. This was because the original peg did not give the angler the option of any other style of fishing than ledgering owing to water levels. The draw was partly completed before I knew this so it would have been difficult to consult everyone.
Two other changes were made to the pegging to fit another section in at Soar lane but this was to keep the sections in a straight line without gaps.
Sometimes decisions are made to give anglers as good a days sport as possible. We do not know at the time which angler will benefit or otherwise as that is the luck of the draw.
I am only concerned that we get as many people back on the river as possible and my pegging hopefully reflects this view.
With two matches to go it is possible for any of three teams to win and none can predict the outcome which is great.

Ok Brian, thanks for clarifying :thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Anglers sometimes have to trust our judgement Brian and myself have no individual gain or team interest when these decisions are made its purely for the league as brian said its about getting anglers back on the rivers unfourantly at six in the morning we can't have captains meeting . We also said we would have a captains meeting after every round we havent seen one captain come up to us at the end of the match and ask for anything to change so hopefully you all think we are doing a good job . Brian and myself are sure you would let us know if it wasn't ;) ;) ;)
Thanks Darran i think the league has a new leash of life with a team like Starlets coming into the league . I heard rumours before the league started that the league would split up and run two leagues one in the trust and one outside the trust . Well we have already had more interest from other teams wanting to come into the league for next year . This league is simply the best league to be in and every angler taking part has upped there game in the competition :thumsup only wish we had 10 rounds :D :D :D