If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Soar Valley winter league

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

what has happened today is beyond belief as you all know how hard Brian and the boys have worked on getting some of the sections clear and ready for use all in there own time while most are fishing elsewhere especially Bonsors . Yes we all heard the moans about two sections being on there but it was justified by that work at the meeting to use two sections Access made available .
Well today we have lost this stretch of river though a angler that has left the gates open . The land owner are all worried about gypsies getting on there land and cannot allow this sort of behaviour knowing whether his gates are locked or not
Over the last few days Brians job has been murderous with anglers telling him where to peg and where not too . i've had messages all from anglers that won't speak out and have never run a match of this size .
As captains you can't have a sieval meeting without falling out . I've thought about this over night and this latest bit of news about bonsors tells me things have got to be sorted out . We have the best winter league in the country we have more anglers wanting to fish the venue . So whats the problem !!! As i can see it some anglers want the osier beds, brinks ,abbey little meadow bonsors well you've just lost that one. Others are happy with waterside 1860 top ponds greens Deeps sutton and kegworth .
So why dont you nominate and use 4 sections of natural river and each team nominate 4 anglers that want to fish this sort of river and instead of one match pay them out as zones this way everyone would be happy .One will be bigger than the other unless more pegs on the fast shallow bits can be found .The points would count as one team on the day
Option two is to leave Brian and Brian alone to run and pick all the sections as the organiser of the league. I just want to fish where else are you going to fish against the best anglers in the country week in week out . not interested by the politics side just a way of keeping anglers on the rivers !!! gripe over  ;)

Re-arranged sections for the first winter league
1 Waterside pegged by Tony Adey joff
2 1860 Dave Petch Stu Timson
3 Greens pegged by Tony
4 Deeps pegged by TRENTMEN
5 Deeps top end pegged Trentmen
6 Abbey pegged by Tony Adey Brian
7 Sutton Brian
8 Sutton Brian
9 Sutton Brian
10 Keyworth pegged by long eaton

Please post your views its a great winter league instead of hiding your thoughts post them any options can be looked at

scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Personal Text: Redfin's forever
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen

Unread post by scotty85 »

Well said that man!!!!
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Top post Joffie. IMO the organisers are called that because they "organise". End of, its a league they have volunteered to run, for the benefit of, in most cases, appreciative anglers. If people aren't happy, let them go and find a league which has as many anglers in it, and is run by lads who do think about how they peg out to give everyone a great days sport. :tiphat
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

I suppose the individual did have a loughborough book?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

I suppose the individual did have a loughborough book?

Can't be sure !! Again left to Brian to get the earache !! pretty sure he wont have one if he fines out !!
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Here here Joff, well said :tiphat :tiphat

As MrV sez, the organiser should be the 'organiser' end of..!!

Trying to do it by general consensus never works cos people want different things - it's the nature of what makes us what we are. People may have opinions of course, some voice them louder than others, but at the end of the day the organiser decides & anyone that don't like it know where to go.....

I've fished a few different winter leagues over the years, and I have never ever know anything like what goes off in this league. It must be summat in the water (or beer) :rofl :rofl
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

for the new comers to the league here are some useful sat-nav postcode that should get you near to your sections

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Your photo proves the point about your league Joffie....you guys ("organisers") really do try your best to make the day easy for the lads fishing....well done :tiphat :tiphat
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Thanks MrV nothing worse then getting lost on a new venue ;)
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

Unread post by Ian_baker »

After the summer series run by Brian and Joff I was impressed how they thought about anglers catching fish when deciding to peg the matches as well as trying to make the section as fair as possible. I'm afraid with team fishing there always seems to be moaners that never give anything back.The lengths Brian and colleagues have gone to in clearing pegs for this series shows a true dedication to the anglers and make their days easier without knocking out pegs.
I'm fishing the Warwickshire winter league with 1st match on the Beeston which tbh is not in Warwickshire and I don't think theirs been too many moaners but I'm really looking forward to it even though I don't know the venue. At the end of the day where ever you go you may catch or you might struggle. You might need to walk far or it might be short. In all cases it's not an organisers fault and if you don't like then you just don't go.
So CHINS up and keep up the good work guys!!!
MartMart

Unread post by MartMart »

same old rubbish one spoils for the majority...AGAIN! as for the pegging, I run matches its always the ones who have never ran a match that have plenty to say and most of them want it pegging a certain way to suit them....!! if you don't like it do it yourself or shut up! most organisers are anglers and try to make it fair for all.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

Good job I ain't fishing , I ain't got a sat nav :D :D :D :D :D :rofl :rofl
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Tafty your safe in your little world mate dont change it :rofl :rofl :rofl
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Great first round with some great weights i will post results later . I would like to thank Brian and the peggers who give up their own time to do this . One thing is for sure they wouldn't put pegs in if they didn't want to draw them. Great to see Brian giving all the moaners a good rackerling  :thumsup :thumsup :thumsup

As far as i know nothing is changing in the sections .. :thumsup
scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Personal Text: Redfin's forever

Unread post by scotty85 »

Yes joff a great first round!! Well done to trentmen who have put loads of time in they deserved the result they got, and well done to sid on winning the match.
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Thought Brian was 'bang on' in the morning.... exactly what was needed.!!!! well done Brian :tiphat :tiphat

let's hope he"l be left alone to just run the league without the grief now. Fair to say that 1st round results prove the guy knows exactly what he's doing :thumsup