If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by joffmiester »

This league just gets better and better the standard of angling plus the variety of pegs and the way individuals fish them have made this league the best in the country. Introducing the top ponds this week was a master stroke and anyone who drew there had a real treat pegs are pegs and we all know you can't have 90 winning pegs or 9 winning pegs in a section . Some one has to come first and unfortunately last and its only now i understand why anglers wanted the same pegs in each section . following the results over the last three rounds a picture can be built up that some pegs or areas are better than others . Certainly the teams that have done their homework are the ones making the most of their harder pegs . instead of expecting to win off these pegs are coming back with the best points they can achieve . The difference might only be a point or two but knowing how tight the league is these are the anglers making the difference to their teams performance. To receive 9 points after catching 3.5 kg and receive 7 points with 5 kg shows just how good the river is at the minute its not the the anglers fault he is perhaps missed out on a bonus fish or his fish are smaller . Good pegs should always win saying that it depends who's on them plus who has also drawn your section . This year more than others anglers new to the river are approaching pegs differently with there own way of fishing and getting results from it . roll on next week's round but before that here is the results from round 3

Conditions on the morning before the match were simply horrendous with localised flooding and strong winds that seemed to finish as quick as they started . Everyone expected the river to be coming up during the match but would it make it better or worse . well some sections the river did come up and some seemed to have added pace but on the whole every section fished well [a part from the high numbers at sutton which is out of the next rd]
Adey Higginbottom Trentmen drew the top ponds and found the roach feeding freely over his Groundbait and pinkies to put 10kg 630g [around 22lb ] on the scales in 2nd place inform Dave petch Quorn AS had drawn the Greens and enjoyed a all roach catch of 8kg 520g closely followed by Pete Hamilton Loughborough soar and Paul Pettener Quorn AS both with 8 kg 050g for joint 3rd Rob Wootton had 7kg600g for 5th
The Team event is hotting up nicely with everyone saying the Kamasan Starlets would walk the league if they are they have come up against some stiff opposition in the way . Trentmen bounced back after there last round to win on the day with a brilliant score card of 33 points closely followed by Starlets on 37 in 2nd and Quorn AS on 41 points

section 2

section 3

section 4
section5

section 6

section 7

section 8

section 9

section 10

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Talking to Sean Ashby and few others starlets are really enjoying being a part of the winter league .the venues is brilliant its well run and everyone is so friendly and helpful getting us to the sections . Now thats a feather in the cap for us all

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

section winners

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

BY the way we have corrected the points on section 10 kegworth there is a joint 5th meaning it should read 7-8-9 :thumsup
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

How about section 5 Joff, 4th and 5th appear to be the wrong way round (don't think it changes anything).

Gutted that on my annual appearance in the league I drew Sutton high numbers ..... What a cesspit in these conditions!
Soar_Angler

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by Soar_Angler »

All results amended. No changes to team placing.
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Cheers Brian, thanks for running a great match :-)
obee1toby

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by obee1toby »

On the spreadsheet it's showing Sam Randall as winning section D, thought Dave Petch won it with 8 kilos something of peg 12.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Great league, great fishing!!!!!!
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by big_cup »

On the spreadsheet it's showing Sam Randall as winning section D, thought Dave Petch won it with 8 kilos something of peg 12.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Great league, great fishing!!!!!!

It says Dave Petch wins with 8kilo and Sam Randall 2nd with 4k 500 on sheet I can see??? :-/ :-/
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
obee1toby

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Unread post by obee1toby »

Yeah on the board it does but the spreadsheet joff has put on doesn't show Dave Petch winning his section.

Unless the spreadsheet is showing default section winners which is what confused me, though Paul Pettner in section A was third overall??

I'm sure it doesn't effect the results, just thought I'd mention it to Joff so whatever records he's keeping are correct.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Yes it's default section boys points are all done from the weigh sheets . :thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RESULTS ROUND THREE SVWL

Brian doe's all the results I'm there if he needs help so I can't the prays

Mind-you I must mention if anyone is thinking of going down to the top ponds for a practice please don't as we only have pegs for the winter league at this present time . Until we know 100% :tiphat