If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Best pole roller

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
stevetheteacher

Best pole roller

Unread post by stevetheteacher »

Hi All

I have saved my pocket money for a few weeks and have £50 to spend on a new flat bed pole roller.

Anybody have any recommendations of ones to look at or avoid?

Many thanks.
Hiltonangler

Best pole roller

Unread post by Hiltonangler »

I have two of the original maver XL flatbed rollers which are excellent. If buying now I would get the shorter versions tbh as they would put the pole at a more sensible hight for fisheries with flat banks. I can see me buying one of the shorter ones anyway to give me more flexibility on sloping banks.

PhilW
Steveswindon

Best pole roller

Unread post by Steveswindon »

For the reasons Phil mentions you may want to consider the Matrix roller as it can be used with the legs folded, via some additional ground spikes, making it good for sloping banks.

I have one though to date have not had to use the spikes. Just a tad over your budget for the standard version.
stevetheteacher

Best pole roller

Unread post by stevetheteacher »

Thanks for the advice- I ended up buying a garbolino w roller. Seemed stronger than other rollers and had legs that extend 3 times.

Used it on saturday and won the match so fingers crossed it is also a lucky roller...