If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Racking my memory 1990 European Supercup day 1

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

Mark Wintle
Match Team/ Club: Barclays Bank AA

Unread post by Mark Wintle »

I remember watching this at Holme Pierpoint and I think it was Jan Van Schendal, A N Other? and Alan Scotthorne all in a line. Alan was only catching a few but the other two were catching well and Alan was catapulting in loads of casters and the fish eventually moved to him and he won the first day with about 73lb. Can anyone also remember this and who the two anglers were - was it Jan and who the other one was?
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Mark,

I have the angling times report on the matches. It's reverse side of a national champs that I took part in so have kept as a clipping.

You are right about jan van schendal, as he was 2nd overall (stu killen was 3rd). The report doesn't give much more detail on individuals ... Could it have been Falchini of silstar?
There's a nice picture of Clive Roberts looking much younger with his day 2 catch of 28lb of bream on the waggler.
Big Kev's team Northern Select won it overall.
ian

Unread post by ian »

and what an awesome match it was to watch .. the europeans were still using flick tips ..i sat behind ian moulton fishing for mohmar..ive still got my t shirt !!!!..and still were it !!!