If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 13 Cuttle Brook

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well, a disappointing 10 members turned out for this one :(
Me and Yamo pegged out, and after the "short walkers" had their pick, the rest of us drew ours and I ended up on peg 13, middle of the roadside straight. KOD asked me to draw the Golden peg, so hand in and out came 13....no pressure there then :D :D Nice looking peg, with about 4 foot on the stick line, quite pacy too, so set up a 6xno4 stick, and a 3aa waggler for over, where the water was much steadier.
Decided to give the hemp and caster a go inside, thinking the bait would get down in the swim quicker than the maggot, which I fed over on the wag line. All in, and after 45 mins had produced just 2 bites on the stick, so over on the wag and action straight away from 1oz - 2oz dace, but fish going in the net. Decided to feed the maggot inside, and after an hour came back on the stick line, and lo and behold the dace had come onto the maggot. Kept switching lines to the end, and caught small dace all through :D :D

Tale of the scales:
1st Big Col. Peg 20. 12lb 15 0z
2nd MrV. Peg 13. 9lb 1 oz
3rd Yamo. Peg 7. 8lb 7oz
4th Tricast Peg 22. 7lb 13oz
5th KOD. Peg 6. 5lb 12oz
6th Mike E. Peg 5. 4lb 6oz
7th Cottie. Peg 21. 4lb
8th Phil B. Peg 25. 1lb 13oz
9th Barry K. 11oz

So Big Col continued his winning ways, depriving me of a few sovs on the Golden Peg. TK will love him for that :rofl :rofl Well done big lad :thumsup :thumsup
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Decent weights there, off the river :) :thumsup
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

TK will love him for that  :rofl :rofl

:joy :joy :joy
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by MICK E »

I fished this contest yesterday,and like all of the clubs contest enjoyed the banter and the fishing.To add to the day I caught my very first grayling,This from the river Trent surprised me just shows the river is cleaner now. Anyway congrats to big col first again well done mate :thumsup well done to all my club mates good day had by all :thumsup
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Along with Mike E I always enjoy the intellectual merry banter on match day mornings.
With regard to the days results the current Mrs Broadstock judges my successes against the catches of Heinzer and TK..
Therefore in her adoring eyes I have had a good day.
See you at Fisherwick.