If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Weekend with a difference #RideForJake

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

This weekend wasn't about fishing the Tank commander[ Shelley ] took part in a sponsored bike ride a ride close to her heart . The Jake McCarthy foundation ride 100/50 miles from Rothley to Norfolk. Jake was a fun loving boy just in his prime of life with everything to live for ,Jake died of a brain tumour without ever being aware he had one. The Mccarthy family are close friends and each year organise this event . This year Shelley wanted to take part in the 50 miles and asked if i could help with the support vehicles . Its was never a question i wanted to be there. Shelley had been training for the last few weeks ,while i had no fishing to talk about she would spend a few hours each night or on a sunday out on the bike. She's  managed around £300 in sponsorship leading up to the event plus the shop would add another £600 through our charity fund for local events . A total of 74 riders took part and i'm glad to say all finished whether it was the 100 mile or the 50 miles. I wanted to post this on here just to make people aware, never take headaches too lightly. Get them checked out and if they persist go back to the doctors.The total amount raised for this Event is a staggering £26,000,00 so far. Image Image      
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Great effort and a good cause - well done to all
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient