If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Open Match -Sunday 10th August -Thames Abingdon

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

John Beesley
Match Team/ Club: Drennan Oxford

Unread post by John Beesley »

The practice match for the next round of the Oxford Summer league was fished by 46 anglers on the Thames at Abingdon. The match was fished is in driving rain and very strong winds but there were still plenty of fish caught although the roach weights were reduced due to the conditions.

1st - Colin Perry - Subfish angling - 15lb 12oz. Colin made the long journey from Mansfield worthwhile with 1 big bream plus skimmers and perch on a open end feeder and worm. Colin was drawn on Sutton Courtneys water and fished the feeder after seeing a bream roll.

2nd Kevin Holmes - Sensas A4 - 14lb 14oz. Kevin drew a shallow swim at the top end of the venue and had skimmers bream and perch on the pole and worm over groundbait.

3rd Alex Graham - Unattached - 14lb 8oz. Alex drew one of the fancied pegs at the top end of the venue and was one of the few anglers to catch roach on the pole and hempseed

4th Mark Harrington - Tubertini South - 13lb 15oz. Mark drew bottom end peg and had skimmers and perch on the pole and caster.

5th Mark Taylor - Charlbury - 13lb 5oz.
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Well Done Alex :tiphat You are indeed a hemp head :thumsup
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Cheers Choppy!
what did I say last week ..... Thames doesn't really work for Hemp!
To be fair - I drew an absolute flier and should have won from it .... Once I started catching on Hemp I should have stuck to it for the rest of the match ... but I had a few unproductive looks back on caster which has cost me.
I started on caster but had a bad hour when I was getting done to death by tiny bleak and dace .... overcame that by fishing hemp.