If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Great Competition the stainy Teams of three

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Ok Joff, thanks for that, I only trundle in my van now, never in a hurry to get anywhere, I just give myself plenty of time, saves on fuel aswell.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

I THINK THATS OUR AGE KIDDO i can get up every morning before the alarm clock .what ever the alarm clock is set i'm up no drinking after the matches like i used to just one sociable drink then home and i'm loving it
i'm in a team tomorrow but its on weigh so your not tried to points Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

just out of curiousity what amount of liccy bread will you use in this match tomorrow lads that's if you are going to give it a proper go .also ive seen that hemp as been doing ok so what type of rigs you use too reason I ask is I fish a local stretch to me just pleasuring which in a lot of ways not very different from the stainy as in its wide n deep with a bit of flow due to boat traffic but its chokka with good roach .ive had some decent days an thought id got it sussed with punch n liccy as its what gets fed by locals n boat owners so any help id be greatful Image [smiley=tiphat.gi
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

I can't really help you sharki no one caught on it around me last time  :-/ and it was flowing on and off during the match .All i can say is with it being top3 deep you might need something to carry it down if it flows . plus tomorrow fishing long might not be a option the match i fished was all about putting fish in your net  Image
some had better fish and others had tinny fish 280 roach went 10lb last match Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

cheers for the info joff its blowing now so like you say long pole may not be an option are you fishing bloodworm n joker or are you going down the bread route like you said you would like to give it a try would the whip be a better option with the wind in mind :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Tomorrow it will be B/J for me and then a line out the way somewhere for hemp or caster i did have a few skimmers on caster but only one roach on hemp :-/
last week the Trentmen had three teams in a cips match which had to cut short because of the thunder and lightening and they blitz the match.The results i've never found yet but it was something like 4 in the top six in the match and 3 teams in the top 5 and i know hemp and caster caught a lot of fish
Darran Bickerton was pegged down stream of me and we both said the same thing baits like bread, hemp and caster are great when they are having it and you can't touch the weights with B/J but if there not the time you waste trying to catch on them can make a big differents at the end of the match if someone is catching on B/J allbe it they seem to be smaller fish unlessyou are sitting on a pocket of better ones Image
If you are fishing individually you might as well give it your best shot on bread as your not going to let anyone down if it doesn't work ;)plus it could win you the match Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

ah I see where your coming from joff I forgot your not a one man band tomorrow so you carnt really go with its my match and I want to try it method as its not fair on rest of your team .but it seems that the old chestnut of once theyre on blood worm n joker that's it nothing else will work it seems that its on the day venue :o.but just to say if you was attacking it with bread how much would you exspect to get through in a match scenario and how would you attack it would it be feed a ball to start with n fish it out or start to feed through a small pot after every fish
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Bill always tells me to measure it in pints so i would start off with a 2pint tub full .I'd feed 250ml pot full or two depending where i had drewn and fish to the bites. Only topping up by pot again when bite slow down you soon get through a lot of bread .Its solid with fish of all sizes and as i learn't last week you need to be brave and attack your peg to give yourself a chance Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

sounds good to me I will deffo give it a go and theres me putting a golf ball in and thinking ive over done it.i will give the positive attack a try as like I say am only pleasuring so nowt to loose cheers joff n bill Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Mind you i always measure my bait whether its B/J or Bread it's easy to reflect on whether you have put too much in or not enough Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Might just ave a steady amble darn towpath tomorra.

Watch art fo fat fooker in brown aussie skippy hat Image

See how many SMF mug shots I can snap Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

Personally I think you need another option as I have never known anybody catch on bread from start to finish, especially when bloodworm season. It is an instant response bait that I would recommend starting on as fish come straight to it, but this can last 10 minutes or can last a couple of hours but unheard of to last past half way in the match for any form of regular bites. For me as a gamble without the expence of bloodworm I would fish bread from the off and feed a hemp line and a caster line to move onto as the match progresses and keep the bites coming Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm