If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Great Competition the stainy Teams of three

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

i may have to have a days pleasuring as its 35 mins away from me where do you park up at wyckwell bridge the walk from there or up opposite marina any decent pegs for punch fishing just pleasuring over to the lads who know the venue better than me Image
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

Joff/Daskin, very good bait is the punch on the stainy, I always start on it rather than fishing nxt to my net,, you sometimes only catch for an hour but  I have caught for two hours odd times. Been in 170s, 200s & 230 this series and have bites everytime on it, try it Joff, you'll be surprised.. Image

I have travelled to venues that Ive never seen before, and only taken bread with me and done pretty well, as for only catching for an hour --I have proved that one wrong a few times too. I have found that I either bag up or bomb out.
I wouldnt mind giving it a go at some time but my local river ( 9 miles away) The Steeping is fishing pretty well at the moment so no need to travel any further afield.
PS: is there a close season on there, if not it might be worth a trip after March 14th.
daveyboy

Unread post by daveyboy »

You. An fish the canal all year round, as it's land locked, if you don't want to walk with your tackle , you can park your car behind you on west street
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Sharki if you are only half a hour away and you haven't fished it yet you don't know what you are missing Image
Like dave boy said west street park behind your peg plus the flats are not a big walk .the area around the marina is about the biggest walk on the canal and muddy Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

ive fished it odd occasions joff but fancy a day punch fishing where is west street is that near the café delves then next right? reason ive not been is ive been fishing a local marina and its been solid with roach seen as its less than 3 miles from home its been a no brainer really with the price of fuel these days Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Sharki its 160 miles for me :-[ :-[ pedro could tell you where west street is i know how to get there but i couldnt tell you the streets Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Frenzee rod wins fish race with 16-3-8 roach bag.
Frenzee and Bait-Tech backed ace Steve Barraclough has won the latest round of the 75 strong Thorne Teams Of Three Winter League, with a cracking 16-3-8 net of roach.

Drawn on peg 231 on the Scrub Field section of the Stainforth & Keadby Canal, Steve caught over 150 roach on bloodworm and joker tactics to secure the win.

In the team stakes, it was league leaders, Ultimate Barnsley who once again romped to victory on the day with a 38-8-0 net – further reinforcing there place at the top of the table.

With just three fixtures of the eight round league remaining, the race for individual glory is wide open. Pole Fishing’s own Matt Godfrey leads the charge, with four out of a possible five section wins – but with two results dropped, there are 11 anglers who could still potentially finish with minimum penalty points.

Result On The Day:
1 Steve Barraclough (Frenzee/ Bait-Tech) 16-3-8
2 James Dent (MAP/ Sensas) 15-8-0
3 Pete Duffy (Tri-Cast Calder) 14-6-8
4 Kayleigh Smith (Middy/ Bag Em Matchbaits) 14-3-0
5 Lee Kerry (Preston Innovations/ Sonubaits) 13-14-8

Teams Overall
1 Ultimate Barnsley 199-3-0
2 Sensas North Red 173-10-0
3 Pole Fishing 170-13-0
4 Caster Kings 164-15-0
5 Ultbro Hotley 163-5-8
6 Halkon Hunt 151-7-0
7 Kamasan Starlets 151-3-0
8 Tri Cast Frenzee 137-0-8
9 Mill Tackle 136-14-0
10 Colmic +1 131-4-8

Individual League

The following people could all still finish with minimum points, with two results dropped:

Matt Godfrey
Lee Kerry
Tom Scholey
Simon Fields
Johnny Freeborne
Frankie Gianoncelli
Steve Barraclough
Andy Geldart
James Dent
Dave Brookes
Helen Dagnell
Pete Duffy
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

bloody hell joff 160 miles that's dedication for you Image somebody local will see this and put me right am sure
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

sharki Vince who fishes with me comes up from London Image Image he does stay over the weekend normally but last weekend he was taken bad and drove home without fishing Image Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Sharki its 160 miles for me  :-[ :-[ pedro could tell you where west street is i know how to get there but i couldnt tell you the streets  Image

From 160's Wykewell Bridge: Head back towards Thorne town center (this road is South End).West Street in on left opposite Miller Lane......follow road round to cut.

From Thorne town centre:  Head for Ellison Street  (Texaco Filling Station close by)...bottom of Ellison Street... (look out for shop on right).....West Streets next turn on right (opposite Miller Lane)

From Canal Tavern Flyover: Turn right at Texaco onto Ellison StreetImage
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Sharki if you are only half a hour away and you haven't fished it yet you don't know what you are missing Image
Like dave boy said west street park behind your peg plus the flats are not a big walk .the area around the marina is about the biggest walk on the canal and muddy Image

How come its muddy again  :-[

They drove a limestone path along there last spring  :(
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

Sharki its 160 miles for me  :-[ :-[ pedro could tell you where west street is i know how to get there but i couldnt tell you the streets  Image

From 160's Wykewell Bridge: Head back towards Thorne town center (this road is South End).West Street in on left opposite Miller Lane......follow road round to cut.

From Thorne town centre:  Head for Ellison Street  (Texaco Filling Station close by)...bottom of Ellison Street... (look out for shop on right).....West Streets next turn on right (opposite Miller Lane)

so pete is the Texaco garage the one on the bad bend in town or up by motorbike shop by delves :-/
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

so pete is the Texaco garage the one on the bad bend in town or up by motorbike shop by delves  :-/

Its the one on the  bad bend  Image..

That  old house on corner used to Edgecombes  Dentist.....

What a crappity smacker he used to be..... Image

Receive better treatment from Butcher ova road  Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

so its down side of wilkos or something like or am I way off I think there is a boozer on tight bend same side its a funny little village you need your eyes focused as traffic coming from every where if you know what I mean I will find it im sure I will deffo have a day over there need to get bearing done on my car first got the part but kid who does my car has been too busy.al get sorted then have a day off any noted pegs on west street or all about the same
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

RE Bread Punch on the Stainy ......

You can catch ok for an hour or so as it is an "instant" method but to feed it and keep it going for a full 5 hours will see you fall behind against the caliber of angler who fish the Stainy . B/J fished over an initiall feed is tried and trusted in the right hands plus a caster line .......  Barnsley lads used to start on the bread  dont know if they still do these days ?

Hemp can outfish most methods on the right day in the right hands Image
daveyboy

Unread post by daveyboy »

Sharki just type west street into google maps
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

Joff/Daskin, very good bait is the punch on the stainy, I always start on it rather than fishing nxt to my net,, you sometimes only catch for an hour but  I have caught for two hours odd times. Been in 170s, 200s & 230 this series and have bites everytime on it, try it Joff, you'll be surprised.. Image

I have travelled to venues that Ive never seen before, and only taken bread with me and done pretty well, as for only catching for an hour --I have proved that one wrong a few times too. I have found that I either bag up or bomb out.
I wouldnt mind giving it a go at some time but my local river ( 9 miles away) The Steeping is fishing pretty well at the moment so no need to travel any further afield.
PS: is there a close season on there, if not it might be worth a trip after March 14th.

No close season but if the weather starts to warm up the roach spread out along the miles of canal. They come in from wykwell bridge through to the flats every winter in huge numbers as the canal is predominately a few degrees warmer around the town and boaters and that's when these consistently big weights are recorded. That said on a pleasuring session with 1 or 2 of you big weights can be had all year from most strectches but put a match on it and it often proves very hard work, takes some sinking in when you catch a fish a chuck in winter Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
darkhorse

Unread post by darkhorse »

joff, where you get them pole sticks from
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

A floatmaker i had them made for the loughborough canal for caster fishing down the track 0.3 0.5 he is making another batch for me 0.2 0.4 i think the five is a little big but come in handy on the river soar laying on BETWEEN YOU AND ME HE'S ON THE SITE Image Image Pellet head i'l get him to put up some of his patterns or you can message him [ martin almen]
darkhorse

Unread post by darkhorse »

:) cheers joff