If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hanging up the box

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Hanging up the box

Unread post by joffmiester »

You forgot to tell him which way to hold the pole Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Hanging up the box

Unread post by Dodge »

Dodge, Paul Hughes and myself will be putting you through a fitness test in preparation for the spring league!

Just basic things, catapulting squatts, flicking caster by hand, chopping worms, you get the picture!

Ha ha, hope your good!

Fishing can drive you mad at times, but we keep going back for more!

Your never far away mate lololol Image 8-) Image

ps its like riding a bike ! Image :D ;)
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone
Personal Text: Joan Is Fit
Match Team/ Club: N/A
Sponsor: E.F.C

Hanging up the box

Unread post by Bonanza216 »

Just got no interest in going fishing at all boys
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Hanging up the box

It will come back i'm sure of it Imagetake some time off mate walk the bank this often helps it did me Image Image
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Hanging up the box

Only time will tell joff! Just nice not to be committed any more and do my own thing! Getting married to our Joan next year so got a lot on, and I think I will do some shooting from now on mate.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Hanging up the box

Unread post by bill yards »

John,

A similar thing happened to me and I never went from early Dec, 2012 to late June 2013.
OK illness was involved but I just couldn't get into any shape to go fishing.

Just a suggestion me duck, - pop along to one of Saturday opens at Norbury, no pressure, no body gives a flying crappity smack if you catch crappity smack all. Brekkie and company is more than a bit special, fishing comes second but we enjoy taking the yellow stream out of Woody, Man U and the Eating Engineer!!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Hanging up the box

Fairplay Bonanza GETTING MARRIED IS SOMETHING SPECIAL Imagejust don't sell your kit mate like you said only time will tell
Fishing can get you down all the preparation all the time it takes up there are a lot of egos out there that think winning a 10 15 or 20 peg match is great back in the day that wouldn't of been a section on the Trent Welland and Nene they plaster their results all over Facebook another win we have probably had the best times in match angling as it moves on into a fragmented and greedy sport
bills hit the nail on the head you have to get the enjoyment back in your system its not all about winning at all costs
don't hang up the website either keep in touch and let us know how the wedding plans are going Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Hanging up the box

Unread post by big_cup »

Problem solved in a nut shell, getting MARRIED will certainly put you back into the fishing frame of mind Image Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Hanging up the box

Cheers joff
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Hanging up the box

Pmsl big cup
towpath2
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Personal Text: Just love to be Fishing
Match Team/ Club: Four Ashes

Hanging up the box

Unread post by towpath2 »

Johnny you need a break, I had a break for years just could not afford to compete...remember fishing is in the blood.....
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Hanging up the box

Cheers steve! Like I say mate no interest at all, a break is what I need! Biggest thing is sorting me gear out, prep, bait, loved doing it, but makes my blood pressure go through the roof! Getting my gear out, Loading, unloading, putting my gear away, does my head in mate! I am not one off these people who has breaks when makes desicion, all or nothing bloke! Just can not see me ever going again mate! Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Hanging up the box

Unread post by Arch »

I can still remember the match that did it for me. Loughborough canal winter match, spent £ 30/40 all in for bait, brekkie, fuel and pools etc. Got battered of the next peg by Mark Downes. I'm sat there thinking WTF am i doing this to myself for coz i certainly ain't enjoying it. Got home and never went again.

I later took up Golf and enjoyed that (Managed to get better at Golf than Fishing, which really yellow streamed me off) got 2 Lurchers and enjoy working them. There is no point doing something if you don't enjoy it, to carry on will only make you completely sick of it.

I never missed fishing, but i have been again a few times this year and had a good time. Can't ever see me getting back full time at it. Now and again pleasure fishing will be enough for me.

Good luck whatever you do.  Image
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Hanging up the box

ImageCheers arch this time next year see how I feel!
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Hanging up the box

Yesterday I wanted a break, so picked me old mate budge and went done the loop to see the lads on a knockup, really enjoyed the crack, and the boys were having more than a few on normal baits, One 8lb weight, Two big 5lb weights and Wayne had 4 big perch on the lure! Image so cut the b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t I really wanted to go, so set out to go today just up the road for a couple off hours on me own! I woke up this morning after watching that shite down under, and could feel my blood pressure building up as the thought of doing my bread, going the bait shop ,and loading my car up! That's the way it's got me boys!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Hanging up the box

Not fished over Christmas never have done with work and family but i'm really ready for it now Image Image
the kids are growing up so fast now that little special time over Christmas does me the world of good Image Image Image